Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Mickey's pal

Angry Bad days you had at Disneyland?

Oh boy, two years ago and I remember it so well. The family and I were at Disneyland for two days. The first day was great. We won fastpass lanyards and everything. But the second day...oh jeez.

It was "that time of month" for my sister, and let's just say she wasn't pleasant. She was being a bigger witch than the one from Snow White if you catch my drift. Dear 'ol mom and dad put up with her until about 5 p.m. when it was obvious they had enough. She had pushed the last proverbial button. Not even my innocent jokes could calm the storm. ("Can't you tell it to take a raincheck for when we AREN'T at Disneyland?" She didn't appreciate that one, by the way.)

I remember telling her that we're in the happiest place on Earth and darn it, she'll be happy!

That day my sister could make Grumpy look like he was taking too many happy pills. But I didn't let it ruin my day--I was in Disneyland, after all. A little while later she mellowed out and, finally, all was well in the world.

FIN

...Okay, so, now you go.
    "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

Re: Bad days you had at Disneyland?

LOL good one!

Well for me its almost everytime we go with my parents. We agree to leave by a certain time and it always seems to be a rush with my mom honking the horn for my sis to hurry up. They get mad and thats how we always start our trips. I find it rather funny and amusing. By the time we get to the park all is well though!

• Faith.Trust.PixieDust

I can totally relate with your sister. While it made for a bad experience for you, you have to know she was probably miserable.

When I went in May it was "that time of the month" and I was MISERABLE. I felt sick all day. I tried putting on a strong front though, because I was with my girlfriend and it was her first trip to Disneyland. But finally, at the end of the day while we were waiting for the fireworks, I just burst into tears for no reason.

• Hakuna Matata!

Mine was a tie between the time I took my 5 yr old nephewwho was afraid of EVERYTHING we had to go indoors for. so that was very limiting as to what we could do. Around 4pm we had run out of things to do and had to go home

And last month we took my Grandmother for her birthday. We got there at 10am and by 2pm she wanted to go home. We did POTC, HM, IASW and had lunch at BBQ Roundup. That's it!

So those 2 trips were basically wasted days for me. (IMO)

• Mickey's pal

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Jasmine View Post
    I can totally relate with your sister. While it made for a bad experience for you, you have to know she was probably miserable.

When I went in May it was "that time of the month" and I was MISERABLE. I felt sick all day. I tried putting on a strong front though, because I was with my girlfriend and it was her first trip to Disneyland. But finally, at the end of the day while we were waiting for the fireworks, I just burst into tears for no reason.
    Yeah, I know it wasn't her fault and that she had to have felt bad, which is why I never got mad at her (besides the fact I was happy 'cause we were in Disneyland.)

Sorry about your bad day, that's no way to have to spend your day at Disneyland.
    "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."

• Mickey's pal

Quote Originally Posted by Open_at_the_close View Post
    LOL good one!Well for me its almost everytime we go with my parents. We agree to leave by a certain time and it always seems to be a rush with my mom honking the horn for my sis to hurry up. They get mad and thats how we always start our trips. I find it rather funny and amusing. By the time we get to the park all is well though!
    I know what it's like when it's "every man for himself" time in the family. Talk about your war zones!

Quote Originally Posted by ERIN92345 View Post
    Mine was a tie between...
    What a waste of a trip. I would'a dropped grandma off and went back. And when she'd ask where I'd been for the past ten hours I'd tell her I was getting her a cake. Ain't I a stinker? Kidding...

...I wouldn't have gotten a cake.

Kidding again!

Mine was the very first time we went. We stayed at the Disney Hotel, which was AMAZING. But, my sister was in a foul mood, and yelling and screaming and fighting with everyone. My dad had to actually sit her down in Tomorrowland and "have a talk". it also sucked because we were only there as a side trip because we were going to a funeral.

._.

And we only went on 3 rides. No DCA either.

• Shifting cargo

I lost my camera when I went a couple of weeks ago Other than that, everything was fantastic!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

I always felt bad because, everytime we went to disneyland my Mom either hurt herself the week before or got sick about 1-2 days in.
    I think we went on 6 trips in 3 years and she was only completely healthy for one. But she tried her best to have fun, and most of the time we still did.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

It rained on new years day 2 years ago. I wanted to ride rides since people would be leaving early but my friend wanted to leave. Hes the type that gets all moody and down when it rains AND since i was on the trip with him and his family...we did what he wanted to do: Sit in the lobby of the Grand Californian and just take in the ambiance. Ive never really had a bad day at the parks so this is the worst that has happened to me which, isnt that bad at all

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Sonoma County, Ca. but born in Whittier, Ca.

Well, this isn't Disneyland but DCA. No, I'm not bashing DCA. In a way I am, but just it's layout. We were there on 29 July and had just come off TSMM. We'd been there all day with a cranky 5-year-old after driving 7 1/2 hours from Nor Cal. We were trying to leave the park via the Route 66 path, but after making all the way around by where the sunglass joint used to be, we were told by CMs that we couldn't go any further due to the Pixar parade. We were annoyed, but that was only the beginning. We turned around as told and headed back around towards Screamin'. We got around to TSMM again and were told that we couldn't go that way either due to some filming for Disney Channel! We were trapped! Hot, tired, and extremely annoyed. The CMs had a near riot on there hands because of angry guests so they let us through. My wife tried to voice her displeasure to a supervisor but he was just condescending and told my wife, "If you were really into Disney, you'd be into the parades". Not a good day. The next day at Disneyland was great though and made up for the previous.

• Hooterville, USA

This happened only last week! We show up, wait in line, finally get in after what seemed like eternity, deal with rude annual passholders, and realize that we were at Knott's.

Can you believe that?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Same, but i ended up being at Magic Mountain...i cant consider it a bad trip since i had a good date

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Mickey's pal

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    This happened only last week! We show up, wait in line, finally get in after what seemed like eternity, deal with rude annual passholders, and realize that we were at Knott's.

Can you believe that?
    Really? I wonder how that happened! Didn't the smell of chicken tell you anything?

And then you see Snoopy and say "Why, Pluto, you've changed!"

Thanks for the posts guys, keep 'em coming!

• keh!

i had a bad day about 2 years ago that i still remember. it was summer, a REALLY hot day. there were about 4 attractions that were down all at the same time, one after the other. I think it was Indy, Big Thunder, Matterhorn, and The Haunted Mansion. we were thinking "what is going on?!?" and halfway during our visit I had a stomach ache and we decided to call it a day. A good mood set in once we were on the freeway headed home. that was just not our day at disney.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast