Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Rainicorn.

Memorizing Disneyland!

I'm sure all of you have the entirety of Disneyland memorized, like me. Let's see if you do....

+ You know where all the bathrooms are.
    + "Other ways" around DLR like Fantasyland -> Frontierland (I think there are two ways?) or ways around the Castle.
    + Know all the restaurants and what has the best food/best prices.
    + You don't need a map (I always get one, anyway!)

Add more!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• white and nerdy

Re: Memorizing Disneyland!

I never get a map, for any theme park. I like to explore on my own.

But yes, I think I could be one of those people who have disneyland "memorized".

I have all that you said, PLUS

+ My favorite seating to maximize the funness of a given attraction
    + Hidden details such as the spike room in Indiana Jones
    + Hight requirements for all the rides
    + Memorized the various variations of diolouge from attractions (my favorite? the end of Pinnochio when Geppeto says "I'm so heppy")
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Rock Star Minion

Bathrooms: I know where enough of them are.
    "Short-cut": The shops used to be very easy to get through during MSEP, long time ago. Last time I tried I got caught up in a few places where some displays were strategically placed.
    Restaurants: whichever has the shortest line when I'm hungry. Plaza Inn queue ebbs and flows (I watched it at noon recently while waiting for others in my party), almost as if people wait for the line to die down, then rush the joint. Redd Rockets has good, fast, varied, and relatively cheap food. I don't do BB any more, as I don't know that far in advance (30 days or so) when I'll be hungry.
    Map: haven't needed one in 25 years. Good to know when shows are, though. I get one for the kids to memorize.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• =)

I'm a little rusty on some areas of Fantasyland and Toontown, but the rest of the park I've pretty much got down. I don't know where ALL the bathrooms are, but I know enough to be able to get to one in a hurry if necessary. I usually don't use the bathrooms while I'm in the park. Too much to do.

I can take very vivid mental walk-throughs of Disneyland. I'm sure that's not so uncommon in So Cal, but that's pretty rare for us northerners. I have some major attraction dialogue memorized (most of HM, some of Indy, some of Pirates, etc.).

On a slightly related note--it's always fun to be hanging out in an area of the park and suddenly have a flashback of something else you did in the exact same spot. I've done that multiple times before.

• Banned User

I know the park like the back of my hand. I could walk around with my eyes closed. I think one of my favorite little "secrets" is the passageway between the Rancho de Zocalo and the Carnation Plaza. Those are some of the best restrooms and itís a great way to get around crowds.

• Playtester

Here's another one..

+ You know exactly what route to take around for each parade to cross the park with the least amount of traffic

+ You know exactly how to find your way around the fireworks crowd

+ You know when and where the best spots are to see the fireworks, fantasmic, and parades.

+ and for me (maybe other stroller pushers) which bathrooms haave the biggest stalls and the easiest opening doors so you can push the stroller in and use the bathroom. When I am by myself with the kids, thats super important.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

• So danco samba

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    + "Other ways" around DLR like Fantasyland -> Frontierland (I think there are two ways?) or ways around the Castle.
    The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, and that often involves going through the Plaza and/or the Castle.

The fastest way to New Orleans from Main Street is the Train.

When they're open, the side walkways through the Castle are handy ways to get to Tomorrowland and Frontierland.

The fastest way from Frontierland to Fantasyland is out the North gate of the Frontierland facade, around Plaza Gardens, and through the West gate of the Castle.

Never, ever, meet somebody outside the restrooms on the East side of the Castle. Meet at the tree or the bench. Both bathrooms have two doors and you can miss each other very easily.
    Another refugee from Yertle's stack o' turtles.

• Minion

The least busiest place, with the least busiest restrooms is at the lower level of the Hungry Bear Restaurant. [At least in my experience]

Isn't that passageway the best?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton
    I know the park like the back of my hand. I could walk around with my eyes closed. I think one of my favorite little "secrets" is the passageway between the Rancho de Zocalo and the Carnation Plaza. Those are some of the best restrooms and itís a great way to get around crowds.
    I've had dreams before where the park layout was different than my memory. When I woke up, I found myself thinking about what walkways were imagined and which one's were accurate. It's mezmerizing

The geek factor goes up when one knows the 'official' names of things (e.g. Pinnoccio is 'Pinnocchio's Daring Journey' & the teacups are 'Mad Tea Party')...

• Banned User

When I go there it feels like my second home. I know everything lol. I even know people working there. Specific times when characters come out. The people at the Block Party know me and recognize me now and interact alot more. I can't keep goin on, everything in this thread applies to me lol.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    I've had dreams before where the park layout was different than my memory. When I woke up, I found myself thinking about what walkways were imagined and which one's were accurate. It's mezmerizing
    That reminds me of dreams I've had that involved trips to an alternate Disneyland. Once, while Space Mountain was closed, I had a dream that I snuck aboard for a ride. The ride had become a huge, metallic, cagelike structure with lots of scaffolding. And Brer Fox was chasing me through it.

I've also had dreams that involve going to the park and standing in line for a favorite ride, but I always wake up right before I board the vehicle...

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister
    I can take very vivid mental walk-throughs of Disneyland. I'm sure that's not so uncommon in So Cal, but that's pretty rare for us northerners. I have some major attraction dialogue memorized (most of HM, some of Indy, some of Pirates, etc.).

On a slightly related note--it's always fun to be hanging out in an area of the park and suddenly have a flashback of something else you did in the exact same spot. I've done that multiple times before.

You're not alone. I live in Mesa, Az and used to go every summer through '99. I can often take visual trips on attractions like PotC as well as attractions not there anymore (like the People Mover). I went for the first time in 5 years last year with a friend. I'm surprised his hearing about my flashbacks didn't make his ears bleed.

• Quality Assured

I've got Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom memorized by heart...forwards backwards and sideways...does anyone who has been to WDW's MK and Disneyland know if the two are that similar in which one can memorize one and know the other just as well?

• Traveler to the south

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton
    I have been going to the park forever and we just discovered this one! Awesome bathrooms!
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack
    does anyone who has been to WDW's MK and Disneyland know if the two are that similar in which one can memorize one and know the other just as well?
    No, definitely not. It's perfectly possible to "memorize" both parks, of course, but knowing your way around one doesn't automatically make you know the other like the back of your hand. Here are just a few reasons why:

1. No New Orleans Square in WDW. This means that the Haunted Mansion had to be relocated to Liberty Square, Pirates of the Caribbean had to be relocated to Adventureland, etc. The entire western half of WDW's Magic Kingdom is much different from DL's western half. Big Thunder is on the opposite side of RoA, too.

2. Tomorrowland is arranged differently. In WDW, Tomorrowland stretches more north than south, whereas DL's Tomorrowland is the opposite. Space Mountain is located in a much different spot. The lack of a Matterhorn makes the path layout different.

3. Toontown is in a somewhat different spot.

I know I would have a bit of trouble navigating the Magic Kingdom without a map. I've studied the differences between the parks through aerial photos and such, but I have little memory of my single trip to WDW. Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom share only the basicmost layout.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast