Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

July 9th and 10th with photos!!

The best part about summer is that Disneyland is so much easier. The weather was great, the crowds were good and the park was as magical as ever. This trip report will bring you princesses, tears, and terrifying ending!

We started on the Thursday bright and early. It was my niece's 5th birthday so we had all things princess planned. Our first stop was an autograph book (princess of course). We picked up the one that allows for pictures next to the autographs which I loved. I can't wait to get my own and fill it up with pictures on my next trip in Oct. Here is Goofy and Chip doing what they do best.

After characters we headed to Fantasyland. The only two rides my niece would go on was the carousel and Dumbo. I'd never been on the carousel before. She was too afraid to go on Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Snow White, Fantasmic, Fireworks, Nemo, Buzz Lightyear, and meeting Tinkerbelle. During our time in Fantasyland, we got a great surprise. The Disneyland band on the Carousel with Peter Pan, Alice and the Mad Hatter. I'm sure this is some regular occurance but I'd never seen it before. What a delight!! Here are my hard earned pics of the band and my picture celebrating my first carousel ride.

IMG]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh246/sleepybear1220/P1020379.jpg[/IMG]

My niece was allowed to pick one "prize" for her trip. The Emporium stuff animal shelves were like girl heaven. She was in awe of the choices. She picked a baby minnie with a blanket. The next day her auntie spoiled her with a princess tea set. Luckily a lot of people who love her gave her the gift of Disneyland with me, so I had plenty of money with which to spoil her royally. Thanks to all who helped make the magic happen.

Speaking of royalty... our next spot before the eating with the princesses would be to get all ready for the big event. We loved the Bippity Boppity Boutique! For 54 bucks the treated her like a princess--no joke. Royal photographers to capture it all and Fairy Godmothers in training. The hair lasted FOREVER. In fact on Sunday when her mom came to pick her up, she was still rocking the princess hair. She also got make-up, nail polish, a ring, a bag, birthday sash and tiara (not a crappy plastic one but a nice tiara). I was very impressed and felt the cost was worth it. She'll never forget becoming a princess at Disneyland!!

Next was Ariel's Grotto. Certainly expensive but I think worth it. We took most of the leftovers with us and fed the rest of our group. As you can see by the pictures, she couldn't wait. I thought Belle was not only beautiful but also spent quality time. She was in character to max and was as delightful as can be. I liked her as much as I liked Belle in the movie! And that's saying something. Meeting Cinderella was also a high point. The food was good (really good) and the dessert tray was ridiculous. I saved the white chocolate conch shell, but you'll have wait until the ending of the trip report to find out to it. I love these pictures. the one of Cinderella is one of my favorites from this or any trip.

Eventually, I got to meet Tink. OUr first attempt was met with lots of crying. The big grass was too scary. She just needed a nap. We took a nap and came back to the park in time for Celebrate! I really liked it. better than my niece. It was fun for sure. No, it isn't POD. But I enjoyed it and I'm pretty sure that is the point.

The next day was my daughter's birthday. Her dad who lives in the LA area came and spent the day with her at the park. Apparently they went on California Screamin 5 times. 3 of those in a row! She had this crazy plan and by golly they did it all. We met up for fireworks and then again at the end of the night. We took one picture of my girl on her birthday with her parents. We split when she was 3 months so there aren't any pictures of the 3 of us together. She was really happy. And I love how the emporium looks in the background.

At the end of our last night we met up with Mickey Mouse at 11 o'clock. I've never seen MM out so late. I'm glad he had the late shift while we were there.

All inall, it was a good trip. Oh the tragic ending. I'll post the drama in a moment.

Why do people like to pose with letters?

Last edited by sleepybear; 07-14-2009 at 08:59 AM.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: July 9th and 10th with photos!!

Cute pictures!!

Here's the ending with a BANG!

We were traveling back from Disneyland. We were on the I-5 Northbound when I thought a car was coming into my lane. I don't know if I was drfting into their lane or vice versa. I only know that I paniced, swerved, hit the car and lost control into the center. I was going 75 so things happened fast. We rolled once landing on the tires facing southbound about a foot from on coming traffic.

When the car stopped several people stopped and helped us out of the car. Including the people from the car I hit. The people helped us get stuff back into the car. The back windows blew out so all our stuff was all over the place. My daughter screamed and my niece wanted to know when she could play with her new tea set. (To be five...I wish I could forget it that fast) My friend was great, taking care of the girls while I dealt with all the business. The strangers called CHP and he was really great.

My husband drove up to get us and we finally made it home 12 hours later. Everyone walked away which is nothing short of a miracle. Baby Minnie got pretty dirty. When I told my niece that I'd ask her mommy to clean her up and if she couldn't I would replace her, she said, "shouldn't you wash her since it was your car." Ahh to be five. You get to say whatever you want and everyone thinks its cute. The conch shell flew across I-5. I'll never get to know if the white chocolate was any good. Is it??

Sadly and thankfully, my new Matrix was totaled as were my new Disney decals I'd just put on the windows. I found a great Partners statue decal that looked great. C'est la vie. I'll get new decals, new license plate holders and a new car that drives to Disneyland. We'll be back for Trick or Treat party in October. And back again again and again. Because it is the happiest place on earth.

Thanks for reading!!

Glad no one was hurt

• Queen Elsa

great report that one photo with Belle I have seen there before she has become one of my friends heehee she's my 4th Belle that has been a friend to me go figure. Oh yeah glad that you and your family wasn't hert.

Thanks for the kind words. And sorry that the pictures are so big. I'm still getting used to my programming.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Thanks for sharing! Sounded scary about the highway accident!

BTW, a lot of your photos are not showing because you are missing the first [ before some of your IMG tags. You can edit the post and add those back in and they will start showing.

That Belle is seriously hot
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Frozen lemonade addict!

The pictures came out great. It was a miracle that no one got hurt in your accident. Im glad that you guys are okay!!!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mugen80/
    http://jjhernandez.smugmug.com

• photoshowstudio.com

No photos of the accident?
    Preserving Your Memories on DVD

Thanks for the photo tip. I fixed it!!

I DO have photos of the car after the accident. They're trapped on my phone.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Seems like a fun trip!! Like the photos. Sorry to hear about the accident.

Wow. First off, Disney is so magical! I'm glad that everyone had fun, and VERY glad that no one was hurt! (And amazed the Tea Set made it through too!)

• Premium Youngling and

Cute trip report

While unpacking I remembered that I bought a new licenese plate holder for my car. I don't have a car, but I have a license plate holder and that's a start!

• "The Musical Quil"

What a great trip. It's the happy memories you'll remember! I'm almost glad there are no photos of the crash. So glad to hear no one was hurt, I would have been devistated to see a beautiful princess on the news.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast