Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Mickey's not so scary Halloween party

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    As to Mickey's Halloween Trick or Treat party...been there for the past three years and going again this year. (Actually on Halloween). My friends and I have gone as Jedi for the three years (except last year I went in my X-Wing Pilot garb). This has now become an annual tradition for us. It's a blast..and we've always had to say "Trick or Treat" to get the candy. (Makes you feel like a little kid all over again). It just has a great overall feel to it. You see all ages dressed up, entire families, and some of the costumes are amazing.

So, no, it's not Disneyland in costume (even though they did do that one Halloween YEARS ago), but you WILL have a GREAT time.

So, if your there on Halloween and see four Jedi (or an X-Wing or TIE Pilot) come over and say "Hi!"
    Sounds great! Alright, i'll make sure

• I'm Wishing...

Ahh this thread is getting me so excited for Halloween!! I think I'll also be there on Halloween too, AlohaStitch. My friends and I have been wanting to spend Halloween night at Disneyland for YEARS! =D

Quick question about the posing for photos thing; this only pertains to posing with guests, right? I was hoping we'd be able to post with other CMs in character and in front of rides and stuff. Is that not allowed? I'd love to but would never want to ruin the maaaaagic.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    Ahh this thread is getting me so excited for Halloween!!
    Ah, it is for me too
    Oh and I better get to see you there! Do you have a date when you think you're going to go?

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    Ah, it is for me too
    Oh and I better get to see you there! Do you have a date when you think you're going to go?
    Oh my gosh we have to see one another! Well, I know that my friends and I are definitely going on Halloween night, and possibly the weekend before my birthday (which would be either the 17th or 18th). My friend and I are also spending the night at the hotel on Halloween so we'll be in the park November 1st, too I hope you can come one of those dates!! My friends would love meeting you

• Disney Boi

I am so excites for this its going to be my first year attending Mickeys trick or treat i already have my tickets for Halloween night witch always sells out befor i have a chance to buy but not this year. im treating my fiances nephew hes 10 years old to this event he dosent know yet its a surprise he never get to do anthing cause of his age his sister who is 18 goes to Unversal Studios for halloween horror night we go to i love it there....but im and very very excited about this i always wanted to attend but never did but now i an hehehe
    Disneyland trips 03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11
    Walt Disney World first trip December 11th-18th

• I'm Wishing...

Quick Halloween theme update! Not sure if anyone posted it yet, but:
    Disneyland unveils Halloween theme for Space Mountain, fireworks show - Travel - LATimes.com

The parade and new Space Mountain overlay sounds awesome! I can't wait!

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

It's essentially trick-or-treating, but at DCA. They have numerous spots where you wait in line and they hand out candy. Unfortunately, last year on the night we went it seemed like it was grouchy day and even the CMs were in a lousy mood. "hurry up, hurry up" "keep moving, keep moving" seemed to be all most of them could say.

Yes, it is very dark in some areas.

• Sock Puppet

Oh my gosh we have to see one another! Well, I know that my friends and I are definitely going on Halloween night, and possibly the weekend before my birthday (which would be either the 17th or 18th). My friend and I are also spending the night at the hotel on Halloween so we'll be in the park November 1st, too I hope you can come one of those dates!! My friends would love meeting you
    Oh sweet! I'd love to go halloween night, that's when I wanted to go too.
    Great! I'll make sure my friend wants to go then too and we'd love to meet you both too!
    Ah this is so exciting haha.

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by hannahbell1000 View Post
    ahh this thread is getting me so excited for halloween!! I think i'll also be there on halloween too, alohastitch. My friends and i have been wanting to spend halloween night at disneyland for years! =d

Awsome!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

If you love dressing in costumes you'll love it
    If you love Disney character meet & greets you'll love it
    If you love Candy you'll love it

With regards to posing for pics... I think as long as you're not claiming to be the official Disney version of the character or drawing your own line or charging people or stuff like that, no one cares. I had a few kids (and adults) who got really excited about my costume last year and wanted photos and no one stopped us from taking them.

Last year was the first time I had ever gone and my friend and I had an absolute blast (if you wanna see pics they're here: Mickey's Trick or Treat Party Oct 08 - a set on Flickr)!! I can't wait to go again this year

• Mickey's pal

I'm working on going for Halloween, so if I make it I'd love to meet fellow MiceChatters.
    "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• Future Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    With regards to posing for pics... I think as long as you're not claiming to be the official Disney version of the character or drawing your own line or charging people or stuff like that, no one cares. I had a few kids (and adults) who got really excited about my costume last year and wanted photos and no one stopped us from taking them.

Last year was the first time I had ever gone and my friend and I had an absolute blast (if you wanna see pics they're here: Mickey's Trick or Treat Party Oct 08 - a set on Flickr)!! I can't wait to go again this year
    Nice costume!
    But I must say, I had a major nerdgasm when I saw your friend's Captain Hammer costume.

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    If you love dressing in costumes you'll love it
    If you love Disney character meet & greets you'll love it
    If you love Candy you'll love it

Aww those pictures were wonderful!! Makes me so excited!! I love how virtually all the guests get so into it! And, thank you for the photo info by the way! Good to know

• Banned User

Ahh this thread is getting me so excited for Halloween!! I think I'll also be there on Halloween too, AlohaStitch. My friends and I have been wanting to spend Halloween night at Disneyland for YEARS! =D

Quick question about the posing for photos thing; this only pertains to posing with guests, right? I was hoping we'd be able to post with other CMs in character and in front of rides and stuff. Is that not allowed? I'd love to but would never want to ruin the maaaaagic.
    It is alright to pose for pictures with anything except as noted below about people.

CMs would be allowed if it does not interfere in their job or cause a safety hazard for example. Just like when you are not in costume on a regular day. So you have nothing to worry about with CMs.

Posing with people other than your group is allowed if they know you are not a Disney employee. If you are dressed like a Disney character and pose for pictures as that character then some guests may think you represent Disney. Disney does not want that happening.

Anyone who has been in DCA at night knows it can get dark in areas so that is why you may need a small light to shine on the ground. Where is the candy? I am ready for that and will have my scooter ready.

• aliceindisneyland

i know this isn't about DLR, but in mickey's not so scary halloween party are you allowed to dress up?/ i would like to go as alice or wendy and i'm going to be at florida from october 4th-17th...

is DCA not in disneyland?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast