Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Mickey's not so scary Halloween party

I just realized that it's not mickeys not so scary halloween party it's Mickey's trick or treat party at Disney's CA adventure.

So now all I need to know is if it's fun for teens and what is there to do? Thanks!

Oh, and if someone wanted to take a picture with you, could you? Because the site says no posing with guests. (I mean like say you dressed up as wendy, and a guy dressed up as peter pan and just wanted a quick picture together)
    Last edited by Alice in Wonderland; 07-13-2009 at 08:45 PM.

• Banned User

Re: Mickey's not so scary Halloween party

There is this thing called the Disneyland website. Search a little and you will find out...

• My liver hurts!

The prices range depending on the dates. If you like trick or treating and dressing up in your Halloween costume I would suggest it. It is more kid friendly though and a good number of the rides are closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

• Sock Puppet

Yeah, it would just be for fun and hanging out. I haven't dressed up or done anytthing for halloween in forever, and would like to spend it at Disneyland.

• My liver hurts!

I actually enjoy going and seeing all the other costumes. I've been the past 2 years and have had a good time and along with getting a bagful of candy, have gotten my pictures with more random people in inventive costumes than the actual characters. I say, try it at least once!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by gRuMpEe View Post
    I actually enjoy going and seeing all the other costumes. I've been the past 2 years and have had a good time and along with getting a bagful of candy, have gotten my pictures with more random people in inventive costumes than the actual characters. I say, try it at least once!
    I think it sounds pretty fun! I'd love to take pictures with a bunch of different people there in costumes :P I think it would be awesome to go FULL out and look just like alice in the parks.

• Banned User

The point of no posing for pictures while in a Disney type of costume is to prevent other guests from thinking that a costumed party goer is an employee of Disney. There should not be anything wrong with two random people taking pictures together as long as they both know that they are not real Disney characters. Once a while back during the regular season there was a Tink wannabe who would pose for pictures in the parks.

You can google for youtube, photos and stories about past events. Disney's site is not as informative as reading about the antics of guests. Bring a small pen light if you have trouble seeing at night as some paths are not well lit.

You can park hop and if you do you will have to remove the costume to enter Disneyland. Some people go to DLR for the day and wear part of their costume while storing the rest in a locker outside of DCA or Disneyland.

I probably will go for the day before my birthday on the 23 of October. I am hoping to see some micechat meetings set up during the events.

• steven.

yeah you should definitely try it out.
    my friends + i have been going for the past 2 years + plan to go this year again.

i enjoy the atmosphere. it's good clean halloween fun.
    we always get more candy than we need + we don't even go to that many of the candy stops.

plus it's fun to see what guests come dressed up as.
    + as others have mentioned you don't have to worry too much about taking a photo with other guests.

we always have a blast. hopefully you do too!
    i've got no strings.

• Sock Puppet

Thanks guys for the answers!
    And about the pictures with guests, I was just curious because I've seen pictures of disney groups with other disney groups and stuff so yeah.

I think i'm going to go this year and i'm super excited!

• My liver hurts!

I ask if the people minded, when I took a picture with them last year. They were all very nice and said yes. Plus the actual Disney characters that are there are dressed in their Halloween best, which I also enjoy(along with most of the Disney villains)!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by gRuMpEe View Post
    I ask if the people minded, when I took a picture with them last year. They were all very nice and said yes. Plus the actual Disney characters that are there are dressed in their Halloween best, which I also enjoy(along with most of the Disney villains)!
    Sounds cool!

• Nightmare in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    Bring a small pen light if you have trouble seeing at night as some paths are not well lit.
    I don't think I have ever seen a walkway at DCA (or any Disney park) that doesn't have lighting at night, am I missing something?

About the event, it's a fun version of DCA for Halloween and some people come in with really intricate costumes... we take pictures every year. It's nice to see the things people come up with and there are plenty of stops for free candy... which is a nice touch. I also like how they have many of the villains out for photo's, you don't get too see a lot of them that often. There is a huge mix of people, lot's of kids but lot's of teens and adults too. I think you will have a great time.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I went last year and had SO much fun. My brother dressed up as a banana and many people were making the "PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME" joke and he took pictures with a few people. It was awesome, and we got 2 bag fulls of candy (one for each of us). Plus, we went on rides. It was a great night.

• Future Imagineer! =D

I'm a teen and have gone for the past two or three years with my family and we are going again this year. I find it very fun. You get lots of good candy (expensive kinds too! like Ghiradelli!) and it's fun to go on all the rides at night and the waits are usually not that long. There's lots of music and its fun to see everyone dressed up!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    You can park hop and if you do you will have to remove the costume to enter Disneyland. Some people go to DLR for the day and wear part of their costume while storing the rest in a locker outside of DCA or Disneyland.
    Uh oh, so that means there's definitely no entrance into Disneyland wearing your costume? Just DCA?! Dressing up in Disneyland was what I was excited about.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast