Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disneyland History Lover

Haunted Mansion question

Does anyone know what's beyond the exit area of Haunted Mansion? After you exit from your Doom Buggy, the Buggies obviously continue and make their way back to the boarding area. Last time I was on the ride I imagined how exciting it would be to stay in my Buggy as it continued to the boarding area. I saw that there's a sort of dark passageway with floor lights that the Buggies make their way through after you get off. Perhaps there's nothing to see at all in there, or maybe there is. I'm very curious to see if anyone knows "what lies beyond," or "what's on the other side."

• Yeah.....

Re: Haunted Mansion question

Go with a wheelchair party next time, and find out!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

On the left side there is a black felt covering to the computer room where a lot of CMs are. My inner dork was satified when I got to go beyond the exit area.

• Banned User

I went with my friend on this and she barely gets around with an arm brace type of crutch. Any time I am in the park I will take you back there. Find a person with a GAC or wheelchair or scooter. That is a fun experience.

The lap bar rises but you remain seated and go through a tunnel and you see a light. On the right is a backstage area. Then you are back to the loading dock and they will stop the ride to let the disabled person exit. The best part is you have to wait at the elevator and get to see everything in more detail as there is no crowd pushing you on. Then you get to ride the elevator back to the top and see the paintings go back to their short version but none of the hanging in the ceiling or lights going off or narration. Good chance for photos and see the elevator in the light as it is when you leave.

• =)

The above posts are correct - the doom buggies make a complete U-turn after you disembark, pass by the attraction's control tower to the left of the track, and then turn 90 degrees to the left as they descend rather steeply into the loading area. There are also more backstage areas beyond that U-turn that can't be seen from the track...hallways, elevator equipment rooms, etc.

• Sock Puppet

Yeah, we've been the full route numerous times due to a GAC.

Trust me, it's over-rated...

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    The above posts are correct - the doom buggies make a complete U-turn after you disembark, pass by the attraction's control tower to the left of the track, and then turn 90 degrees to the left as they descend rather steeply into the loading area. There are also more backstage areas beyond that U-turn that can't be seen from the track...hallways, elevator equipment rooms, etc.
    I'm surprised Disney allows guests into this area if anything because of safety issues.

You say that the doombuggies descend rather steeply into the loading area but if I recall, the doombuggies are facing forward as they are doing this. I would thing this leaves Disney open to a huge liability issue as someone with limited mobility would be more prone to fall out. Especially since the safety bar apparently is not lowered in this case. Sure, there is a steep decline in the ride as you exit the attic, but you are going backwards so you have the back of the doombuggy to keep you from falling out.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

At the end of the Unload belt, the bars come back and lock you in until you get to Load.

You can watch the Buggies open up right before you get on and then close up after you exit and they keep going.

• Banned User

I may be wrong about the lap bars but how ever it is done there was no way for us to fall out at any time that we were in the backstage area.

It was fun as it was my first time but after a few times might be not so interesting though I wanted to take my friend's crutch and rip the curtain open like in Wizard of Oz.

• Inhospitable about happy

A visit to....

THE TOWER

Revenge of "Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect," or The Thread 3

Actually, I understand that a lot of that funky-looking equipment has been updated nicely in the last year, so some of these pix are out of date.

• Gateway Fantasmic!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Why wasn't this post just a direct question to Data?
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

• The Z is the new E ticket

After you leave the Exit area the lap bar comes back at you but does not lock. For someone with weak upper body strength going down the incline can be scary. You can easily slide to the floor of the Doombuggy.

• Rock Star Minion

Maybe next refurb they can add a half-rotation at the top of the decline.
    Otherwise, I see a lawsuit in the future.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    The lap bar rises but you remain seated and go through a tunnel and you see a light.
    Whatever you do, DON'T GO INTO THE LIGHT!!

• We Go On.

At WDW last year, our doombuggie left the load area with an open lap bar. I didn't exactly remember its HM well enough to judge anything, and I thought maybe it would close in the portrait gallery. But we were through the library and then I finally decided to pull it forward. Does this happen often? Sorry to go off topic, but the lap bar locking prompted me to ask.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast