Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• dippy the goof

What rides offer single rider "passes"?

In a couple of weeks I will be spending an afternoon in the parks by myself. I no that some of the rides offer single riders to move to the front of the line. Can anyone help me with a list of these attractions?

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Re: What rides offer single rider "passes"?

Disneyland:

Splash Mountain
    Indiana Jones

California Adventure:

California Screamin'
    Maliboomer
    Soarin'

I definitely forgot a few...but these are the ones off the top of my head.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Future Indy Castmember

Disneyland Park

Indiana Jones Adventure
    Splash Mountain

Disney's California Adventure

Soarin' over California
    California Screamin'
    Grizzly River Run
    Muholland Madness
    Maliboomer (not sure if it's still available)
    Toy Story Midway Mania (hasn't opened the single rider line recently but they do have the option)

You can also pick up park maps for the parks and look for the single rider symbol next to the attractions name.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Sock Puppet

Also splash mountain

• Keep Moving Forward

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Toy Story Midway Mania (hasn't opened the single rider line recently but they do have the option)
    When I was in the park on Friday, TSMM was indeed utilizing single rider.

Maliboomer still has the SR pass, I used it last Wednesday.

HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

• Cars Land Rocks!

I was at DCA recently at they were using the single rider line for Toy Story Mania. Though, how fast that line moves, especially for this attraction really depends on the CM working the lines. We got in line with a male CM who rarely took people from the single rider line ... We thought we were going to be passed by people who had got in the stand-by line after us. Lucky for us, a wonderful female CM took over, who worked the single riders in very quickly ... so it is really the luck on the draw on Toy Story Mania (so-to-speak).

^ His name Fern by any chance? I had to wait one hour in the SRL because of him...The standby people that entered the line the same time I entered SRL, they passed me and rode through TSMM and I was still waiting afterwards...

I don't know, he seems to hate his job there.

Yes, I'd avoid the SRL if he is merging people.
    Last edited by BCC; 07-14-2009 at 10:06 AM.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by BCC View Post
    ^ His name Fern by any chance? I had to wait one hour in the SRL because of him...The standby people that entered the line the same time I entered SRL, they passed me and rode through TSMM and I was still waiting afterwards...

I don't know, he seems to hate his job there.

Yes, I'd avoid the SRL if he is merging people.
    since on that ride it's two to a bench and you don't see the people on the back of your vehicle (who are likely in your party), people get really nervous about the SRL on that ride and the CMs have caught some flack. policy has always been that you don't put single riders next to kids, but also the adults and such on that ride get a it uncomfortable if they're sitting next to a stranger and can't see the rest of their party.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Why doesn't Space Mountain have a single rider? That always seemed wierd to me

^ Space Mountain, as far as I know, doesn't really have much of a problem with filling the seats. The CMs can just call out for "a party of three/two" from the waiting line.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    I was at DCA recently at they were using the single rider line for Toy Story Mania. Though, how fast that line moves, especially for this attraction really depends on the CM working the lines. We got in line with a male CM who rarely took people from the single rider line ... We thought we were going to be passed by people who had got in the stand-by line after us. Lucky for us, a wonderful female CM took over, who worked the single riders in very quickly ... so it is really the luck on the draw on Toy Story Mania (so-to-speak).
    I have had that experience, but it also depends on how many people there are in a group waiting in the regular line. You usually have to wait until there is an odd-number of people (usually 3's and 5's), and you got to be patient until the timing is right, and they'll assign you.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    I have had that experience, but it also depends on how many people there are in a group waiting in the regular line. You usually have to wait until there is an odd-number of people (usually 3's and 5's), and you got to be patient until the timing is right, and they'll assign you.
    I understand how it works, but it was night and day between the two CMs and how they handled the lines.

• Banned User

I went through the line at Toy Story and was alone but they would not seat someone and I waited then said hey can she come. They at times are so confused on Toy STory as to cause long delays while sending out empty seats. I have waited up to half an hour while the stand by is only half an hour. I have seen total chaos with the mergers. Why should I have to sit there with an empty seat and beg for someone to ride with me.

Indy has a single line but I am not sure about other rides as I use a scooter.

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    since on that ride it's two to a bench and you don't see the people on the back of your vehicle (who are likely in your party), people get really nervous about the SRL on that ride and the CMs have caught some flack. policy has always been that you don't put single riders next to kids
    That is totally understandable. But the situation I'm talking about is that he let seats go empty and doesn't even bother asking the stand by single if it is ok.

The situation varies all the time, but overall, Fern does not merge Single Riders often...if at all.
    Last edited by BCC; 07-14-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast