Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• "I Break Things"

Re: Question about old Indiana Jones Concept Art?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    I'm actually glad that they didnt do the "Indy Complex" concept... with so many things interweaving if either of the Indy attractions broke down then all the attractions would have to go down.
    One of my major complaints continues to be that Disney no longer layers as it once did. Old Frontierland and Tomorrowland are both wonderful examples of incorporating multiple attractions into the same space. Including Jungle in Indy would have been nearly impossible, but amazing. Including Steam Trains into the same location would have been unbelieveable (albeit pretty much impossible). I honestly wish Geyser Mountain would be built and layered in a similar fashion... have Geyser Mine Shaft, smaller Mine Train, truncated WRE and a Steam Trains tunnel all in one spot! To me that is "Old Disney", that is everything working together to promote the theme of the land itself.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    One of my major complaints continues to be that Disney no longer layers as it once did. Old Frontierland and Tomorrowland are both wonderful examples of incorporating multiple attractions into the same space. Including Jungle in Indy would have been nearly impossible, but amazing. Including Steam Trains into the same location would have been unbelieveable (albeit pretty much impossible). I honestly wish Geyser Mountain would be built and layered in a similar fashion... have Geyser Mine Shaft, smaller Mine Train, truncated WRE and a Steam Trains tunnel all in one spot! To me that is "Old Disney", that is everything working together to promote the theme of the land itself.
    the main thing about Frontierland was that everything was outside so if something broke down you wouldnt be bombarded with work lights. I do like the idea of layering, but the Indy idea was just not feasible.

I really would like to see some of the layers brought back to Frontierland... it really needs it
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    the main thing about Frontierland was that everything was outside so if something broke down you wouldnt be bombarded with work lights. I do like the idea of layering, but the Indy idea was just not feasible.

I really would like to see some of the layers brought back to Frontierland... it really needs it
    I don't think it was feesible from a logistical standpoint. The "footprint" needed to make a train tunnel would have killed Jungle; specifically Sunken City, Elephant Pool, possibly part of Veldt. It also would have greatly reduced the queue capacity of Indy... and for what... some rapids and a train tunnel... it honestly wasn't worth it! I LOVED the layered concept. Even if Indy were to break down, Jungle and Trains would have been impressive. The worklight disruption would depend on the layout and the viewpoints of Jungle/Trains... but again logistically speaking it wasn't worth it.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Storyteller

I love the artwork, but it all seems way too busy. Too many complications for sure, I'm glad we got the condensed, focused ride that we have now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12