Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

LA Times: Disney confirms Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy & new Halloween fireworks show

Disneyland unveils Halloween theme for Space Mountain, fireworks show
    Disneyland will add a “haunted” overlay to Space Mountain and a fireworks “spooktacular” for the Halloween season, theme park officials said.

The “Halloween Time” event, which runs from Sept. 25 through Nov. 1, is included in the price of admission to the Anaheim theme park.

The “Ghost Galaxy” Space Mountain overlay, which originally premiered at Hong Kong Disneyland in 2007, features a new soundtrack and ghostly and ghoulish projections inside the darkened roller coaster building, according to Screamscape.

The Halloween-themed fireworks show, hosted by “Master of Scaremonies” Jack Skellington of “Nightmare Before Christmas” fame, will include nods to Disney villains.

Many of those villains — Cruella de Vil (”101 Dalmatians”), Captain Hook (”Peter Pan”) and Queen of Hearts (”Alice in Wonderland”) — will also be wandering the theme park, signing autographs and passing out treats.

Across the way at Disney’s California Adventure, “Mickey’s Trick-or-Treat Party” will run on Oct. 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23 and 28-31. The separate-admission event — which includes games, music and a Disney character parade — lets costumed children trick-or-treat throughout the park.

MiceAge broke the news on both the Space Mountain overlay and Halloween fireworks over the past week

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Re: LA Times: Disney confirms Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy & new Halloween fireworks s

Heeey, Oct. 8th is my birthday! I'm totally jealous, wish i could go!

• Fastest Man Alive

Re: LA Times: Disney confirms Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy & new Halloween fireworks s

Sweet. Every Halloween keeps getting better!

Hmm, no Disney official quote.

• In Between inbetweens

So that means it'll be closed when I am there in September?
    Wow- getting worse and worse!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Wait so LA Times is referring to MiceAge, and MiceChat is confirming through LA Times?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Wait so LA Times is referring to MiceAge, and MiceChat is confirming through LA Times?
    Haha yes. LA Times reportedly confirmed through "Disney officials" though, despite there being no quotes from said officials.

This is simply confirmation of Al's report.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Defying gravity

That picture looks really creepy and un Disney-like.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Do only Chinese people get to ride, or will they re shoot that poster for our park?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    That picture looks really creepy and un Disney-like.
    Hong Kong people make really creepy scary movies, so I guess it bled into Disney over there.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Do only Chinese people get to ride, or will they re shoot that poster for our park?
    Hahaha.

• =)

Nice! I might actually like this overlay...if I get to see it, that is. It's not such a blatant abandonment of theme as Rockin' Space Mountain was, and there's a fighting chance I'll actually like the music. Fingers crossed for a really solid execution!

I love Jack Skellington! I'm so excited for Halloweentime this year. More excited than I was for Summer Nightastic (before all the letdowns)
    I live and breathe for these artistic ladies...

I am also excited for Halloweentime, i just don't think that the space mountain overlay is going to be much. Still i am looking forward to that time of year and to see how they do the fireworks. plus i love the haunted mansion holiday.

• Fortuosity!

Excited for the new Halloween stuff, especially the fireworks!
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast