Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Halloween Fireworks perception

Considering the rather lengthy threads on the 4th of July fireworks... I thought I would pose this question. Do you think Disney will have a "new" fireworks show for Halloween, or will it be a combination of old shows including the HM sequence from Remember? Considering how early they have to plan, program, and order this... I think the timing of the thread is appropriate. Likewise Al recently broke the news, and MG noted the news article that made it official.

So... will it be old?... will it be new? Which parts of the old show would you like to see? Which characters are you hoping they tossed into it? Do you think the fireworks display will be any different on Halloween Night?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Banned User

Re: Halloween Fireworks perception

I was thinking about how they were going to pull all this together and even considered if they'd reuse the HM segment from RDCT. I wouldn't be opposed, it's really an awesome sensation, but I hope it flows nicely with the rest of the program, as well as it flows in RDCT.

I listened to Hallowishes on Youtube and wasn't all that impressed with the soundtrack. I don't know if it's 'traditional' or not for Disney to use authentic tracks or have them rerecorded, but I hope they use the actual songs from the films and we don't have weird voiceovers/rerecordings.

I hope to see...a nod to the skeleton dance cartoon and some of the older "A Disney Halloween" segments. I'm sure they'll toss in some villains, but hopefully they pick some that don't have a lot of spotlight (Hades, Scar, Oogie Boogie, etc.)

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

So far, from what I just read in the LA times article summary posted here, it sounds a lot like Wishes but using the villains characters (Captain Hook, Malificent, Queen of Hearts are named), and hosted by Jack Skellington. I, for one, hope it's more than that...at least like Disneyworld, where the HM's Ghost Host narrates and has musical themes from the Mansion woven throughout, along with medleys of older music like the Skeleton Dance, and Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf, to name a few. A rehash of Wishes with a villain-centric cast and straight movie soundtrack songs of the same old, always used movies (Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, 101 Dalmations, Nightmare) with big "villain"songs just doesn't appeal to me. I'd hope they'd tie it more into the park and Halloween itself, not just thinking Villain characters = Halloween automatically. We will wait and see.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Yeah.....

I'm particularly interested after finding out that it is gonna be narrated by Jack Skellington. The only thing I would really like to see brought over to this show, considering it's supposed to be new and original, is the "scream-along" finale segment from Hallowishes in WDW. It would be great if they could utilize all the launch points on main street from Remember...if only just for that part. Ooh! and howabout bringing in the confetti cannons from Magical, this time with little pumpkins and bats and crescent moons? I'm getting all excited!

• Banned User

^^ the Halloween shaped confetti is a great idea! And with the black lights!

• Future Indy Castmember

I would love to watch "This is Halloween" synced to fireworks. And Jack Skellington narrating the show sounds good to me.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• radiantly eccentric

halloween night is on a saturday this year! A special fireworks show would be nice. Full of Villians and Ghosts. Make it scary, like Bats day and not all "Halloweentime". It is truly my favorite season at the Parks. Cant wait.
    without Love in a dream, it will never come true...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I think it will be a fun little show on the scale of Believe or Hallowishes.

Really, any attempt to do something special and fun for the month or so leading up to Halloween is a great idea and a nice change of pace which will help bring lots of locals to the park in the off season.

Disneyland is shaping up to have a remarkable 6 months ending the year - starting with "Nightastic," leading to Halloween Time, and then finishing strong with Christmas. If only they had two or three promos to start the year with, they'd be set year round!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    If only they had two or three promos to start the year with, they'd be set year round!
    I could be wrong but I believe that is Marketing's intent.

Jack Skellington hosting? That sounds really cool! I really don't care if it is a rehash of different fireworks, as long as it is Halloween-themed and it has "This is Halloween"

I'm set!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Jack Skellington is narrating?
    Maybe instead of Tinkerbell or Dumbo flying behind the Castle, they could have Zero instead.

That would be pretty sweet!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Jack Skellington is narrating?
    Maybe instead of Tinkerbell or Dumbo flying behind the Castle, they could have Zero instead.

That would be pretty sweet!
    I worry that Zero would be too small. I'd say let Chernabog fly and set the castle on fire! Have they said if this will be weekends only or weeknights? Traditionally the weekends for HalloweenTime were the busiest.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

I think it will be a completely new show with no reused segments from previous firework displays.

Jack Skellington narrating sounds amazing.

• Fortuosity!

My ideal Disney fireworks show would include:

- Jack narration with a script similar to what the Ghost Host says for Hallowishes

- The theme song from Disney's Halloween Treat

- Villains songs using the original recordings mixed with instrumental stuff like The Skeleton Dance from Hallowishes

- HM segment from Remember

- Oggie's dialogue from Hallowishes

- Winifred, Mary and Sarah Sanderson from Hocus Pocus flying from the castle and Bette's recording of "I Put a Spell on You"

- At least the same amount of pyro and projection work from Hallowishes (the soundtrack alone may not be for everyone, but the pyro is amazing)
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

love the idea of having jack as the narrator and would love to see the idea of the hocus pocus sisters or/and zero flying around as well!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast