Page 103 of 139 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2078

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

There's this method of child discipline (I forget the title of the method) where one will ignore the child completely, especially when the child is doing something specifically for attention. It has its obvious pros and cons, but I favor it in dealing with my younger siblings, who will often do or say outrageous (to them) things in an effort to get my attention.
    But I'm sorry, that's completely unrelated to the George and Constance discussion. I don't know why, but I felt like I had to say that about now....

I touched on this earlier at the end of my small essay post when Dan decided to post before me and negate my entire reasoning for the choices that were made at last night's gathering but it DOES make sense that they would cross the two characters to unify the story throughout the ride. I don't know why I didn't make that connection myself...I guess I was too caught up in my reasoning for why they made choices at face value alone.
    I declare that should we all meet up--a hopeful eventuality--we all need to wear fake mustaches. Especially DarkLady, DarkFairy, and myself (and the other numerous females who post here) who will all rock facial hair harder than the men will.
    Last edited by CaitlinMcFly; 09-10-2009 at 10:10 PM. Reason: clarity.
    dreams. come. true.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    I'm done with this thread. I write the cleverest post I ever put together, and you guys ignore it so you can blabber on about George and Gaylord. Bye.
    "Knock-Knock!"

"Who's There?"

No one I guess.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
    Especially DarkLady, DarkFairy, and myself (and the other numerous females who post here) who will all rock facial hair harder than the men will.
    I've met the Dark Lady, I know she could rock a 'stache!

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Hwf96BTJs]YouTube - Walt Disney Documentary (Part 1)[/ame]

I can, too. Also, I'm a terrible Walt Disney impersonator. (I come in at about :45)
    dreams. come. true.

• Mr. Ghost

I myself do not need a fake mustache, as I am sporting a James Mason Captain Nemo beard. (As James Mason) Full speed ahead...brace ..for ..collision
    (crash... explosion)

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Disneyfann121:

Our cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though we sense a disquieting metamorphosis in the 9/9/9 event. Is Disney once again stretching our patience? Or is it our imagination, hmm?

And consider this dismaying observation: the 9/9/9 event had no sign of the HBG...which offers us this chilling challenge: to maintain hope! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Of course there might be no way...

Oh, I didn't mean to frighten you prematurely...the real chills might come at the D23 event.
    It is no longer hope, we know he is coming back. But Disney is stretching my patience, but I rather them get it done right than get it done fast.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Not George, not Gaylord (Wasn't that a mechanical dog from the 1960s?)

HEWETT!!!

Btw:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMuV4TAcjmo"]Gaylord on YouTube[/ame]

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I've met the Dark Lady, I know she could rock a 'stache!
    Do you know why some men have mustaches?

So they can look like their mothers.

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    Not George, not Gaylord (Wasn't that a mechanical dog from the 1960s?)

HEWETT!!!
    How about we make your full name George Hewitt Gaylord?

(I would suggest Hewett George Gaylord, but it doesn't sound as good to me.

I'm done with this thread. I write the cleverest post I ever put together, and you guys ignore it so you can blabber on about George and Gaylord. Bye.
    You mean this post?

Our cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though we sense a disquieting metamorphosis in the 9/9/9 event. Is Disney once again stretching our patience? Or is it our imagination, hmm?

And consider this dismaying observation: the 9/9/9 event had no sign of the HBG...which offers us this chilling challenge: to maintain hope! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Of course there might be no way...

Oh, I didn't mean to frighten you prematurely...the real chills might come at the D23 event.
    I didn't ignore it. I read it, thought it was clever, and then moved onto the next post. Just because nobody replied to your post doesn't mean that it was ignored.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey13 View Post
    Or is the stretch room corpse dresses like him?

Anyway, here is a interesting video that was taken at the event:

YouTube - Bridal Party at Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary Dinner
    OMG!!!! Thank you for finding that vid! I am so glad that I didn't dish out tons of money to see that horrible stage show. Can't they do better than that, for all the money they raked in? It reminds me of my high school reunion, where they charged 50.00 per head (over 400 people showed) and they served KFC for dinner!
    That script sounded like it was written by some student somewhere! Not what I would have expected from Disney, and not what I would have wanted at the 40th anniversary. VERY disappointing. It would have been nice to see Alice and "X" onstage, but I have spoken with both of them in person, for a while, so that also wouldn't have thrilled me all that much!
    However, thanks again, that will make me think twice in the future before ever buying a ticket for that. And I thought that "Mickey's not so scary Halloween" was bogus, this was far worse!

Greg Stone (First Resident of the Haunted Mansion)

• Kawasaki Kreep

Woah there, a little dramatic don't you think?

I didn't even see your post until I saw this one. This thread moves so fast that even though I check it every day I miss tons of info and I'm sure that's the case with a lot of people.

Also just because you didn't get any comments doesn't mean it wasn't read. I went back, read it, and chuckled. I really don't have anything to contribute at this time so why say anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Jenny1987 View Post
    Oh dear sweet zombie jesus on a stick no.

• hatbox ghost believer

Well, I too, am relived that I wasn't able to get tickets to witness this car-crash. I'm with Dan, Alice and others on the end result: FAIL! A ridiculous & incoherent hodge-podge of mistakes. Hopefully, when another attic inhabitant makes his rightful return, they won't ******* it up like this nightmare.
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• Dapper Dan-nabe

For a little break in the HBG tensions, I thought I'd post a few of my pics from this past weekend when I was at the park for the half marathon:

I seem to recall a discussion about how there weren't many pictures of these two, and my wife and guests had never even really noticed them:

The ride came to a complete stop right at Constance. I tried to get a decent shot of the Piano-playing shadow (no dice) and our favorite corner (even though I know there won't be anything there for a while), but nothing came out. I did get a couple of nice shots of our glowing bride:

I looked to the right at the raven, which is one of my favorite things to do, anyway (I love looking back into the attic), but didn't really see anything of note. I turned back around to try for a few graveyard shots:

And, for good measure, a couple of exterior pics:

(yes, I intended to focus on the fence)

I was basically trying to get the hang of my new lenses in advance of my Orlando trip next week. I think I learned a lot and hope to be able to get even better shots down there. Hope you enjoyed it!
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Great pictures, Dante. I really like the stretching gallery one!
    dreams. come. true.

• Inhospitable about happy

Nice pix, and thanks for sharing! The HHG's came out particularly well, which is not an easy shot.

I too noticed the disneyfan121 post and thought it was clever, but the point it made was that the absence of any explicit reference to the return of the HBG at the 9/9/09 event was a blow to our hopes. Of course it is not, but I didn't want to argue about it, so I said nothing. Which all just goes to show that there are any number of reasons why a post might not generate a response.

The reviews keep coming in, and it looks like the Connie & George show is getting thumbs down across the board. How bad was it?

Come back, Eddie, all is forgiven.

Oh, and BHP, you're the best thing in that video. Kind of a lame script, but you have a nice screen presence.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.