Page 11 of 139 FirstFirst ... 891011121314213661111 ... LastLast

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDante View Post
    Or are we ignoring a third, unspeakably horrifying possibility? Namely...

Ooooh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you prematurely. There is no basis in reality for this concept, I just thought I'd have a little fun with Photoshop. Though this would be an improvement over what's currently in the attic during HMH...
    Haha. I guess I wasn't the only one thinking that!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDante View Post
    Or are we ignoring a third, unspeakably horrifying possibility? Namely...

Ooooh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you prematurely. There is no basis in reality for this concept, I just thought I'd have a little fun with Photoshop. Though this would be an improvement over what's currently in the attic during HMH...
    My eyes! My eyes!!!

Oh man, that would truly be horrible. LOL. Brilliant photoshop of a terrible idea...so thank you SD heh!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fenwright View Post
    After seeing seeing old pics and new pics on various HM sites, I have to wonder, how many times has the organist been repainted? From what I could see on the Osmonds special he was a pale blue or white, one pic he was white, another he was blue. And there was a pic on a previous thread he was being painted white again, (no wonder he looked surprised!!) As a matter of fact why do they repaint the ghosts so often, first green, then white, then flourescents.
    UV light is hard on paint, believe it or not. Blacklight subjects have to be repainted on a regular basis or they fade. The same is true of strong spotlights like they use in the ballroom. Colors fade. As for hue, I'd be extremely careful about judging it from photos and videos. Photographers use filters and all sorts of darkroom tricks to make these difficult subjects look good. Even if the photos you're comparing were taken in regular lighting, I'd use extreme caution.

--------------------------------

A guy named Mr Mark at flickr has posted some WDW HM photos that don't show up with the usual searches, so it's easy to miss a little gem like this:

We're in darkfairy country now. If I were to add a Thread-ish comment, it would be to point out that until WDW got a bunch of these into its CoD a few years ago, no one knew that this head had pig tails. They were cropped off in the photos. Unless of course they were never there and were photoshopped in for this portrait, but that seems the less likely of the two options.
    Last edited by HBG2; 07-21-2009 at 12:41 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Oooh, I approve...thank you for posting that one HBG2! Is there a link to this "MrMark's" flickr stream easily accessible?

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    Oooh, I approve...thank you for posting that one HBG2! Is there a link to this "MrMark's" flickr stream easily accessible?
    Flickr: Mr. Mark's Photostream

He's got an interesting set of five photos, from when HM went 101, and when the ride came back up they had forgotten to turn off some of the work lights! Some mondo-bizarre Sťance and ballroom balcony shots there.

• Mr. Ghost

I do agree that the figures need to be repainted as a maintenance issue, however my question was: are the paint colors chosen by management or is it the personal tatse of whoever is in charge of repainting the figures.
    (and thanks to WDITrent for finding that stretchroom video)

• Banned User

"Where the three angels rest above, the lion's head watches the dove.. And in the womb beneath the hill, the secret flame burns bright and still."
    OK, I gotta know. Where does this quote come from?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

And now, an image from deviantArt truly for the most diehard of Mansion fans....

Terrible. by ~Pandicake on deviantART

Have we at this point determined the various spooky graveyard trees, their expressions and locations in both DL and WDW? I think we haven't, actually...

• Mr. Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    OK, I gotta know. Where does this quote come from?
    It's para-phrased from the movie " House of Dark Shadows"

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Re: Animated Figures and their paint schemes; WDI has a set paint scheme for each figure. There are photos of the paint jobs they want, as well as a color listing.

Re: Trees with faces at WDW and DL. I think they are DL only. But we do have branches reaching outwards. No faces sadly.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fenwright View Post
    It's para-phrased from the movie " House of Dark Shadows"
    Is that a good horror movie?

• Genteel Amphibian

I leave for the weekend and “The Thread” 4 dies and we are already 11 pages into the 5th. Long live the immortal thread! (er, wait that’s redundant.)

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Is that a good horror movie?

It originally was a t.v. series that was created in 1966 and aired on June 27th of the same year, and ended on April 02, 1971. It is a horror Gothic soap opera and I love this series and its films. The series was produced by Dan Curtis and Robert Costello.
    In 1970 House Of Dark Shadows and in 1971 Night Of Dark Shadows motion pictures were released.
    This series and the films were extremely popular, as they continue to be.
    In 1991, the series was revamped (pardon the unintentional pun) I liked the remake, however, I especially like the original series.
    Jonathan Frid portrayed the much lamented poor lost soul Barnabas Collins. He is one of my most favorite vampire characters of all time.

Here is one of a number of links that will tell you even more..... if ye dare to seek adventure of a dark nature that is...........

Dark Shadows
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

• TTA Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post
    Re: Trees with faces at WDW and DL. I think they are DL only. But we do have branches reaching outwards. No faces sadly.
    I wouldn't want to argue with you, seeing how you work at WDW and have likely seen everything the mansion has to offer, but I'm almost positive that the WDW trees have faces, too.

• lurking lurker

Hi this is my first time posting anything in this forum, anyway on a recent trip I took a picture of the attic and wanted to share.

Sorry its kinda blurry.

Thanks again HBG2 for the image posting help.