Page 111 of 139 FirstFirst ... 116186101108109110111112113114121136 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2078

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    Well, regardless

You're still not wearing any pants...
    Nope, not a stitch.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• =)

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

*rim shot*

• Larger Than (After)Life

I feel a draft! And, considering what I'm (not) wearing, they need to watch where they put that light.
    Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 09-13-2009 at 09:15 PM.

• Practically Magic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    *rim shot*
    Ba-dum TISH!

A youtube video of the musical ensemble for the main 40thA bash on the 9th:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9d9J3XhT3c"]YouTube - Grim Grinning Ghosts[/ame]

Actually, these guys weren't too bad.

I've been engaged in conversations elsewhere regarding the Connie&George 40th, and...well, let's just say that if you thought it was an über-cheese disaster, you're in some very good company.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

One thing I noticed on the massive Mystic Manor display at D23 (other than the fact that I think it will be a cool ride as long as you don't really think of it as a "Haunted Mansion") was that there did seem to be a resurrected idea from the Mansion's early days. One of the pieces of "room" concept art showed a Nordic theme, and appeared to show guests being blasted by cold air as they rode by a Viking ghost in a mirror. It instantly reminded me of the blast of cold air originally planned (and possibly implemented? I can't remember) in the COD. I got a picture of the art that I can post when I get home. I didn't recall seeing this discussed in any of the previous Mystic Manor comments, and thought it was nice to see that the Imagineers might have found inspiration once more from early HM concepts.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Lady View Post
    The concept is cute, but the execution is WTF??? The character's name is Snow White for a reason, & my gawd, just look at those feet -- they're on backwards!
    She's standing in a dancer's pose. They're not on backwards.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDante View Post
    One thing I noticed on the massive Mystic Manor display at D23 (other than the fact that I think it will be a cool ride as long as you don't really think of it as a "Haunted Mansion") was that there did seem to be a resurrected idea from the Mansion's early days. One of the pieces of "room" concept art showed a Nordic theme, and appeared to show guests being blasted by cold air as they rode by a Viking ghost in a mirror. It instantly reminded me of the blast of cold air originally planned (and possibly implemented? I can't remember) in the COD. I got a picture of the art that I can post when I get home. I didn't recall seeing this discussed in any of the previous Mystic Manor comments, and thought it was nice to see that the Imagineers might have found inspiration once more from early HM concepts.
    I agree that the best way to evaluate MM is to first of all get the idea out of your head that it's another version of the HM. It's much more closely related to other rides. The two reasons for linking it to the HM are (1) we've been told that Hong Kong would get a HM, and this is evidently what they meant, and (2) it's supposedly going to incorporate a lot of Rolly Crump's "Museum of the Weird" concepts. But it's clear by now that MM is going to be a different animal.

As for the air blast, are you thinking of this picture?

I believe that's the armory, and the blast is a cannon shooting at the guests. But if that's not it and you do indeed have a picture of concept art, by all means post it. I haven't seen this Nordic thing.

And...good memory about the cold air blast by the Endless Hallway. GRD pointed out at one time that there are suspicious air conditioning ducts at that point, still there, and there are a few other clues that this effect was indeed used for a short time at the beginning. We gotta reach all the way back to T2 for that one:

Son of "Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect," or The Thread 2

And finally, if you think I've been ragging awfully hard on the 40thA event, here, for balance, is a milder and more positive review from Jeff ("Chef Mayhem") Baham:

What happen to the #6? - Where Hinges Creak in Doorless Chambers - Hot and Cold Running Chills - Disney's Haunted Mansion - Message Board - Yuku

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

As for the air blast, are you thinking of this picture?

I believe that's the armory, and the blast is a cannon shooting at the guests. But if that's not it and you do indeed have a picture of concept art, by all means post it. I haven't seen this Nordic thing.
    No, it's actually a different piece of art from a different scene. I wish I had uploaded it last night so I could post it now. It was labeled as "Nordic Explorers" or something similar.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

The air vents at WDW's endless hallway are now synched up with the Traveling Sound played in our hall. Hurray for Traveling Sound!

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post
    The air vents at WDW's endless hallway are now synched up with the Traveling Sound played in our hall. Hurray for Traveling Sound!
    GRD, is the soundtrack for the Conservatory/CoD on the Martin Smith/Dan Webber video an accurate representation of the ride? For those of us who are unlikely to get to Orlando anytime in the foreseeable future, it would be nice to know.

Hey, I've made my offer to you for free admission and discounted hotel stay! Don't give me that "I'm not coming to WDW crap!"

He tried doing a good job with the audio that was available, but many of the tracks that used to play in the corridor no longer are in the audio system. Its a good effort though.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post
    Hey, I've made my offer to you for free admission and discounted hotel stay! Don't give me that "I'm not coming to WDW crap!"
    If you don't mind my asking, is that offer being extended to any MiceChatter willing to take you up on it or to just our beloved HBG2?

Thank you,

H. B.'s Foolish Mortal

For now that offer only applies to HBG2. But who knows, maybe in the future...

Hey, people, please. I'm holding out for the plane tickets now. You're going to mess up the negotiations.