Page 3 of 139 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

• Collision speed....FULL!

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

Also, it's not suppose to be "HK's version of Haunted Mansion". If it was, it would have been called Haunted Mansion (or something very similar). They're taking it into a different direction, away from "traditional HM's" and more towards something more original. In other words, don't be surprised at the lack of similarities.

• disneyland lover

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

I wonder, is the Hong Kong Mansion gonna have at least 1 scene or situation that will make us stop and think "now that's the Mansion we know and love"?

Also, I heard a rumor that the Hong Kong mansion was supposedly gonna be more graphic, scary and disturbing in the style of phantom manor. Is there still a possibility of this still taking shape?

• Mr. Ghost

The first thing I thought when I saw the onion dome on "Mystic Manor" was either the house from "Lonesome Ghosts" or this album sleeve

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
    Oh wow, I hadn't realized that Dal Mckennon had passed. I just recently had to correct something about him in a video that online personality the Nostalgia Critic (AKA That Guy With The Glasses, AKA Doug Walker) had posted, his "Top 11 Cereal Mascots." He credited Dal with lead vocals in "Grim Grinning Ghosts" instead of Thurl Ravenscroft in spite of--in the next breath--talking about Thurl's work as Tony the Tiger. He has yet to correct this info on the page for the video, dagnabbit!! (/rant)
    I corrected him, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    Also, it's not suppose to be "HK's version of Haunted Mansion". If it was, it would have been called Haunted Mansion (or something very similar). They're taking it into a different direction, away from "traditional HM's" and more towards something more original. In other words, don't be surprised at the lack of similarities.
    It's not HK's version of the Haunted Mansion. However, it is very obviously inspired by the Haunted Mansion, from the design of the building to the supernatural content of the ride to the set pieces revealed in concept art so far. As such, I think it belongs here in this thread.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fenwright View Post
    Hey, that's the one I have! Still in the shrink wrap too
    dreams. come. true.

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

I don't know if it is just me (and it usually is) but I think that this "Mystic manor" is not going to the Haunted Mansion in any way, I believe that it is just a new ride coming to Hong Kong that happens to deal with hauntings and uses some of Rolly Crumps original art (the only think I am excited to see). Then again I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey13 View Post
    I don't know if it is just me (and it usually is) but I think that this "Mystic manor" is not going to the Haunted Mansion in any way, I believe that it is just a new ride coming to Hong Kong that happens to deal with hauntings and uses some of Rolly Crumps original art (the only think I am excited to see). Then again I could be wrong.
    Maybe in some ways it will be ,but so fare not much art to look at or anything to do with Rolly Crump that i can see.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey13 View Post
    Maybe in some ways it will be ,but so fare not much art to look at or anything to do with Rolly Crump that i can see.

BassBone and DragonRose (and anyone else)
    We would be up for a meet and ride through anytime during the day on the 12th. How about a 3pm meet?

• Inhospitable about happy

The "Museum of the Weird" info comes from GRD's conversations with Imagineers. Those guys have always loved Rolly's stuff and it doesn't surprise me that they're taking advantage of the opportunity to bring some of the MW ideas to life.

Speaking of the Rolly and the MW, here's a bit of trivia about Rolly's new Main Street sign that escaped me earlier because it is so small that it wasn't easily seen in the available photos.

We noticed right away that the hand comes straight from the MW artwork, but how many of you noticed the Eye of Horus? That too appears in the same MW artwork.

• We Go On.

^Now that's weird. I guess they took a little bit of Haunted Mansion back to Main Street.

At least Mystic Manor is original attraction without any movie/Disney characters inserted to it? It is using original ideas, instead story/characters tested in cinema, which is good.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    At least Mystic Manor is original attraction without any movie/Disney characters inserted to it? It is using original ideas, instead story/characters tested in cinema, which is good.
    Very true, Kraken, stuff not from Disney movies is good, though I wouldn't say wholy original as it seems they sort of took the HM, Museum of the Weird, the Hightower story from TDS's Tower of Terror, and the Adventurer's Club premise and put them in a blender. I could be wrong of course, it could be more than that, that is just what the artwork suggests to me.

• Death Certificate on hand

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
    BassBone and DragonRose (and anyone else)
    We would be up for a meet and ride through anytime during the day on the 12th. How about a 3pm meet?
    Do my best to be there.
    Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

To be filed under "random tomfoolery".....

Just came across this on deviantart, a photo of the set for the Haunted Mansion film. Nothing earth shaking, and far too many mortal children involved, but the set design even without digital extensions is rather nice...

Submitted here: Haunted Mansion by ~ZeroKuran on deviantART