Page 53 of 139 FirstFirst ... 32843505152535455566378103 ... LastLast

• Stop That!

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    And regarding ideas to pull off the HBG effect, isn't it just possible to build the entire Hat Box Ghost figure (sans head) in plain sight, and have only the head appear using Pepper's Ghost?
    Using the Pepper's Ghost effect on the entire figure would allow him to be transparent, enhancing his "ghostly" qualities.

• Haunted Mansion Fanatic

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

Just wanted to pop in and add this again. A while back I posted the audio for download for this, but since it was against MC's TOU, I took it down and finally decided now to post a video along with it. For a while, I've noticed around the web people are curious as to how the HM might sound with Phantom Manor's soundtrack. So I finally decided to sit down and mix an entire audio track with all of the HM's narration and sound effects with the Manor's soundtrack. I still prefer Buddy Baker's original soundtrack for our Mansions, but I think it's a very interesting twist and can fit in a few places. Hope you enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxuUci77z2A"]YouTube - The Phantom Mansion - Part One[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPnQZFIt9IA"]YouTube - The Phantom Mansion - Part Two[/ame]
    Last edited by TightropeGirlLover; 08-16-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Trying to fix link

• Doesn't get enough Disney

How long has the left Stretching Room been squeaking?

By the way, although I'm quite partial to the WDW mansion currently, I found the DL stretching room (despite no floating speaker effect) to be superior, just in the way it felt more impressive to me than WDW's. (I hadn't seen DL's since I was 6).

And you can't beat entering through the porch!

One other thing I noticed (other than the Leota spiel problem), is when I passed the 13-hr clock for my 2 rides at night, I could see the other hand shadow coming before the other one was finished, which gave away the effect a bit. In the morning though, I didn't notice it.

Si vous voulez venir danser aussi, le ticket d’entrée n’est jamais gratuit.
    Il faut payer de sa vie.

• Haunted Mansion Fanatic

Also, since we were discussing Frees earlier, I thought this would be as good a time as any to post this. Here is the full Ghost Host recording session with Frees, Marc, and X. This used to be on the Extinct Attractions Club (now Classic Theme Parks) Haunted Mansion CD set, but since they no longer offer it on their website, I decided to post it on youtube for other big Frees fans such as myself to listen. Hope you enjoy it too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iljrlLoiANg]YouTube - Paul Frees - Complete Ghost Host Recording Session (1/3)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikyvwuAKxVo]YouTube - Paul Frees - Complete Ghost Host Recording Session (2/3)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vLavMbBqRU]YouTube - Paul Frees - Complete Ghost Host Recording Session (3/3)[/ame]

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    I think it might be the one at the very end of this video:

YouTube - The Genius of Paul Frees
    Is that Marc Davis directing the session?

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Is that Marc Davis directing the session?
    I believe that it is X.

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

In other news, PhotoJoe (AKA Mr. Sutton) recently updated his blog. His latest
    entry includes a full trip report (complete with the Master Gracey's stories), and
    quite a few pictures.

I found this one particularly interesting:

Congratulations, Sutton family! You're the only people in the world (that I know of)
    to have met Gus, Ezra, Phineas, and Master Gracey face characters.

Jealous? What? Who? Me? I have no idea what you're talking about.

• Doesn't get enough Disney

Yeah, and they sang in a quartet with the butler-- it was pure Disney awesomeness.

They sang GGG, Take me Out to the Graveyard, a Halloween song I can't remember for the life of me, and This Is Halloween.

Si vous voulez venir danser aussi, le ticket d’entrée n’est jamais gratuit.
    Il faut payer de sa vie.

• A Honorary Autobot

After reading and listening to endless winks and secretive hints from posters claiming "inside information" for the last couple of months, I (as well as most of you) anticipated WDI to do something for the HM 40th.

Now that we find that WDI did nearly nothing for the anniversary, its interesting how quickly everyone's supplications for Hattie's "inevidable return" have now been pushed back to 9-9-09.

What happens when those returning back from "Bat's Day" report that nothing was updated either? Will the date of "HBG's Second Coming" be pushed back until after this year's HMH?

When February's reopening reveals a Hattie-less attic, will the date be pushed - yet again - to the 41st anniversary?

When do we finally realize that WDI is simply stringing us along, banking on a few extra dollars from some die hard fans in the form paraphernalia oddities?

Sorry for the "Doubting Thomas" post, but it does seem rather interesting that, besides some pins, post cards, and cookies, there has been really no physical evidence that WDI is going to resurrect the failed HBG effect as much as they plan on revamping the Vanishing Sea Captain effect.
    Last edited by Rustymuscle; 08-16-2009 at 06:51 PM.

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfieldo View Post
    (complete with the Master Gracey's stories),

You're the only people in the world (that I know of)
    to have met Gus, Ezra, Phineas, and Master Gracey face characters.
    I am pretty sure that the butler was not Master Gracey.

• Inhospitable about happy

Thread 5 is a happenin' place, gotta say.

I agree that trying to "Pepper" HBG's head alone would be extremely difficult, due to reflection of extraneous items. Reflecting a blackened area with only the intended items lit up seems to be how all Pepper's effects are done.

The videos are fun.

My favorite part of the Sutton sleepover is the fact that, once again, April was back in the HM, if only for a moment.

--------------------

The seemingly bottomless well of unused Mansion concept art continues to produce unseen treasures. This time it's a Rolly Crump "Museum of the Weird" drawing I've never seen before. Meet Spiderweb Girl:

She bears a certain resemblance to a much more familiar drawing, the Mistress of Evil:

Recently, an artist/blogger who goes by JustinSpace has made an intriguing comparison between Rolly's work and the work of an artist named Erté.

Erté - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Erté was quite an amazing artist. He is known as the "father of art deco" and the premier costume and stage designer of the 20th century. Here's a typical sample of his work, just to get a flavor:

If you Google around, you can find lots of Erté artwork. If you compare it with some of Rolly's non-HM art, it's difficult to avoid the conclusion that Erté was a strong influence for Rolly. There's much in common.

What's weird is that a few of Erté's fashion plates veer far enough into the bizarre that they could even be cited as possible influences on Rolly's MW work, including the two drawings above. Check out these Erté's and tell me you don't see a little Museum W in them:

Hat tip to JustinSpace: JustinSpace Blog Archive Cleaning Out The Spiderweb People In My Archives

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    Sorry for the "Doubting Thomas" post, but it does seem rather interesting that, besides some pins, post cards, and cookies, there have been really no physical evidence that WDI is going to resurrect the failed HBG...
    They're crazy, if they don't. But who's to say that they're not crazy — or interested only in further lining their coffers, rather than pleasing and showing appreciation for their fans, patrons and followers?

In truth, the park is no longer Walt's Disneyland. It hasn't been for years. It belongs to a huge, corporate machine.

I can remember a time when park patrons received a free pin or two for purchasing an annual pass. Once, I received free Disney pins just for showing up on a day when some of our Olympic athletes were appearing in a parade. Now, Disney charges their customers for the opportunity to buy. It's an abomination, if you ask me.

Enjoy Disneyland while you can. Although I dread the day and hope that it never comes, one day, Disneyland may not be there. Enterprises that lose their sense of humanity have a way of destroying themselves.
    Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 08-16-2009 at 07:10 PM.

• Larger Than (After)Life

HBG2, I never tire of your posts and pictures, and still think that you should write a book of your own. Thank you for sharing your wonderful insight and image file collection.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Garfieldo View Post
    I found this one particularly interesting:

Excellent photo, thanks for sharing Garfieldo! What I find interesting is the bust behind Mrs. Sutton and the butler. I have the same one in my room, right this second. It's an off the shelf item from Micheal's Craft store purchased last Halloween, in my case

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    Sorry for the "Doubting Thomas" post
    Yes, I can see you're pretty broken up about it. You might want to bookmark this for future use: Crow Recipes