Page 54 of 139 FirstFirst ... 42944515253545556576479104 ... LastLast

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Yes, I can see you're pretty broken up about it. You might want to bookmark this for future use: Crow Recipes
    LOL! Are those for real??? WHERE did you ever find recipes for crow — or did you make them up?

Since I am no Jacques Pepin, when I dress my crow, should that be formal or casual?

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey13 View Post
    I am pretty sure that the butler was not Master Gracey.
    He had a wig and sideburns to match the aging portrait in the foyer, and was noticeably older upon each appearance. He was definitely intended to call to mind the portrait.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    HBG2, I never tire of your posts and pictures, and still think that you should write a book of your own. Thank you for sharing your wonderful insight and image file collection.
    I was actually thinking about some of us collaborating on a HM Encyclopedia.

• Genteel Amphibian

That's a great idea HMF, however I imagine there are a lot of hoops one would have to jump through to make that happen (licensing etc.).

What we could do is create a Wiki like Wikipedia, Wookipedia or memory alpha.

• Inhospitable about happy

HBG2, I never tire of your posts and pictures, and still think that you should write a book of your own. Thank you for sharing your wonderful insight and image file collection.
    You're welcome.

LOL! Are those for real??? WHERE did you ever find recipes for crow — or did you make them up?

Since I am no Jacques Pepin, when I dress my crow, should that be formal or casual?
    They're real. I don't know what goes well with crow. A nice Chardonnay, maybe?

Again, a HM book would be tough to do without pictures, which means Disney licensing, which means it would be hard to get off the ground, to say the least.

• Yoiks!

Great utube videos TRGL. I'll peruse them more thoroughly when I have more time. You gave me something to look forward to, so thanks! The PM HM mashup was cool!

I was always tempted to get some extinct Attraction videos, but now it is too late.

Edit:
    Can somebody help me? I was saving images from Dan's post. Naturally, the one I most wanted turned out like this.

I saved it from the original site, and got this.

Obviously, both look great, but on my computer, all I get is a tiny black dot. I's driving me crazy!!!!
    Last edited by Kreepy Karl; 08-17-2009 at 01:10 AM.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

OH.

MY.

GOD.

From Kevin Kidney's blog (freshly posted at midnight) - the first public photo of the D23 Live Auction's Hat Box Ghost life-sized replica:

Keep This Under Your Hat...
    (LOT TWENTY-EIGHT)

D23 EXPO LIVE AUCTION
    Saturday September 12, 2009
    6:30 PM
    Anaheim Convention Center, California

Jody and I don't mean to frighten you prematurely...
    The real chills --and non-blurred photos-- come later!

Maybe even later today.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• is too darn hot.

Wow.

That is beautiful!
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

Yes, I can see you're pretty broken up about it. You might want to bookmark this for future use: Crow Recipes
    You seem a lot more confident all of sudden...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post

!!! That would look GREAT in my living room, I'm tellin' ya...

By the way, I couldn't help but notice that the hatbox itself is opaque. So,
    either Disney had planned on using a non-working HBG in the Mansion for
    the event, or...

Again, a HM book would be tough to do without pictures, which means Disney licensing, which means it would be hard to get off the ground, to say the least.
    Hey, it's worth a try, isn't it? At the very least, put together a collection of
    links to your superposts and send it to Disney.

• A Honorary Autobot

Don't get me wrong, HBG2; it'd be great if they brought back the Hat Box and all of the influx of HBG-related memorabilia is pretty conspicuous, but the fact that so many poseurs...I mean posters who claim to be "in the know" here sure had egg on their face on the 9th (or 12th).

I don't claim to know any sort of inside secrets. I'm not pen pals with any ex or current Imagineers nor do I have a secret red telephone hidden under a cake display that I can pick up and call WDI with.

Rather, all I can glean is from what I read here and at Doombuggies; and the fact that the 40th went off with less of a bang than a duck fart looks to put a dent in a lot of people's prophecies of HBG's returning.

• Hurry Baaaaaaaack!

I was reading Welcome, Foolish Mortals this morning, catching up on what happened during the Haunted Mansion sleep over, when I saw this story recounted:

The Butler entered, pulled up a chair, and opened his big book of stories. He is a phenomenal story teller and told us the story of Master Gracey, his ship and his wife. This story was not recoreded, but he talked about how Master Gracey loved the sea and loved the mermaid on the front of his ship so much it made his wife jealous. So one night, when the boat was in port, his wife snuck down and spread kerosene all over the boat. She then set the boat ablaze. She realized that there was no escape for her and took the helm as the boat sank. What she didn’t realize is that the mermaid didn’t sink because wood floats. Well without his ship, Master Gracey was confined to his mansion and could not return to the sea. So in an effort to escape he hung himself from the rafters of the mansion. He is now the “Ghost Host” of the mansion.
    Pardon me if this has already been discussed but what are we supposed to make if this info? It's a whole mess of plot confusion...the Butler telling the story was clearly dressed to represent Master Gracey and we all know that Master Gracey isn't the GH but now an in-the-flesh Master Gracey is saying he is the GH? This all makes my head hurt.

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    OH.

MY.

GOD.

From Kevin Kidney's blog (freshly posted at midnight) - the first public photo of the D23 Live Auction's Hat Box Ghost life-sized replica:

Keep This Under Your Hat...
    (LOT TWENTY-EIGHT)

D23 EXPO LIVE AUCTION
    Saturday September 12, 2009
    6:30 PM
    Anaheim Convention Center, California

Jody and I don't mean to frighten you prematurely...
    The real chills --and non-blurred photos-- come later!

Maybe even later today.
    Oh my-y *faints*
    *finally regains consciousness*
    WOW!! from what I can tell by this photo, it is amazingly close to the original!

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Quote Originally Posted by MadameGracey73 View Post
    I was reading Welcome, Foolish Mortals this morning, catching up on what happened during the Haunted Mansion sleep over, when I saw this story recounted:

Pardon me if this has already been discussed but what are we supposed to make if this info? It's a whole mess of plot confusion...the Butler telling the story was clearly dressed to represent Master Gracey and we all know that Master Gracey isn't the GH but now an in-the-flesh Master Gracey is saying he is the GH? This all makes my head hurt.
    Ok, I am almost defiantly sure that the BUTLER is not MASTER Gracey, even if he is dressed up like him. Secondly, I do not think that these stories have any substance to them; they were certainly not created by WDI. They mean nothing, either that or Disney is trying to Confuse us.

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

Quote Originally Posted by MadameGracey73 View Post

Well, since he was reading a story from a book and didn't just say "here's what happened in the mansion long ago," I don't think we can automatically accept the story as canon.

Ok, I am almost defiantly sure that the BUTLER is not MASTER Gracey, even if he is dressed up like him. Secondly, I do not think that these stories have any substance to them; they were certainly not created by WDI. They mean nothing, either that or Disney is trying to Confuse us.
    Not only was he dressed up like him, but he got older over the course of the night.

• Hurry Baaaaaaaack!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey13 View Post
    But why would they go the extra step to age the butler a la Master Gracey if there wasn't a connection or if we weren't supposed to notice the connection?