Page 6 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156106 ... LastLast

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

Well, I know there are 2 bottles in the Disneyland ballroom, one on the table and one on the floor. Sadly, no floor bottle for us WDW people. I'll have someone check the label.

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post
    The portraits have never synched up with her speil, so nothing out of the ordinary there.

And there is a portion of her projection and speil that are slightly off from each other as well. Like with all of the video projections now in the mansion, the systems are tied together, the audio file is paired with the projection as opposed to being on another system where it may go out of synch.
    Thanks GRD. I did forget to add that on Tuesday from 3:30 to around 4:10 The George Portrait wasn't working at all.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

It was off the entire time, or did the ride happen to stop in the attic when you were in front of Constance?

• Inhospitable about happy

I'm not a subscriber, so I'm going to have to watch the newsstands for this baby:

• whatever

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey13 View Post
    Thanks GRD. I did forget to add that on Tuesday from 3:30 to around 4:10 The George Portrait wasn't working at all.
    If the ride stopped at all, the portaits probably seize operation; I'm going to the hm tomorrow

I'll check it out

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

That reminds me, it would be nice if the doom buggies would move just a bit slower, so i can enjoy the scenery easier, and longer.

Who would like to sign a petition to cease HMH taking place against the Haunted Mansion?
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I'm not a subscriber, so I'm going to have to watch the newsstands for this baby:

Hmmmm...definitely shall have to check that out. One thing, and it could be nothing, it specifies that Ed Squair is from the Disney Photo Library...perhaps never-before released photos? That would be my hope anyway...who knows what Disney has locked away in their cobweb-strewn vaults, guarded by Malificent's goons....err.....hidden in a closet in Glendale, rather.

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    Hmmmm...definitely shall have to check that out. One thing, and it could be nothing, it specifies that Ed Squair is from the Disney Photo Library...perhaps never-before released photos? That would be my hope anyway...who knows what Disney has locked away in their cobweb-strewn vaults, guarded by Malificent's goons....err.....hidden in a closet in Glendale, rather.

Where would one whom is not a subscriber pick one of these issues up? I've never seen them for sale before. Would a Borders or Barnes and Noble carry it?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Barnes and Noble is supposed to carry it, is my belief, but not 100 percent verified on that. I just went down to the Disney Store itself, as we still have one in the mall here, but I don't think those are nationwide any longer.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skoolpsyk View Post
    Where would one whom is not a subscriber pick one of these issues up? I've never seen them for sale before. Would a Borders or Barnes and Noble carry it?
    I know the Disney Store carries the magazine and I believe it is available at Barnes & Noble.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    My understanding is that there are tons and tons of pictures that have never been published. By the time a ride opens, they have photographed practically every inch of it. It's for insurance purposes, and for reconstructing something if it gets destroyed.

Earlier in the process, it's a lot easier to discuss problems or float new suggestions if you can sit around a table and point to the thing you're talking about on a picture rather than making everyone troop over to the building, or trying to describe it and hope everyone at the table is thinking about the same thing you're talking about.

That is not to say that all of this stuff is archived with military precision in neat rows of filing cabinets in perfect alphabetical order. This is real life, and we're talking about 50 years ago (for some of it). Stuff gets shifted around, not put away properly, pilfered, accidentally destroyed, taken home by an Imagineer for some reason and then lost, etc.

You want to pull your hair out? There are no doubt several pictures of the Hatbox Ghost quietly collecting dust in photo albums on some dusty shelf (probably in Tokyo, lol), taken by some thoughtless tourist in 1969 and now relegated to the vasty realms of old vacation snapshots that no one ever looks at.

• Collision speed....FULL!

I know they have D23 at World of Disney store at DD; I know this because I tried to get the last issue of the great 'The "E" Ticket' Magazine, and all they had on every rack on the counter were a ton of issues of D23.

• Death Certificate on hand

I rode HM today, and I have never seen the GH swinging above the Stretching Room as much as he did today. The blast-up in the graveyard is still sick, barely clearing the top of his crypt. And the light levels in Load were almost enough to read by.
    Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Stinker Bell View Post
    That reminds me, it would be nice if the doom buggies would move just a bit slower, so i can enjoy the scenery easier, and longer.

Who would like to sign a petition to cease HMH taking place against the Haunted Mansion?
    I think the speed (relatively speaking) of the Doombuggies is for re-rideabililty. It can't go too fast because no one would see anything, but if it crawls through the ride, some will get impatient or bored. This careful balance also creates re-rideabilty, since in many scenes (the ballroom, the graveyard) you can't quite see everything. I personally think the speed of the ride is just right, because it adheres to the show business adage: always leave 'em wanting more.

At least, that's my theory. Maybe GRD could comment?
    Last edited by disneyfann121; 07-18-2009 at 06:43 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Kreepy Karl View Post
    While it's not HBG papercraft, here is something I made that you might enjoy.

Instructions:
    1] Print out on cardstock (thick) paper.

2] Cut everything out. The only tricky part is where you have to cut into the wings of the backboard so they can fold out. There are red dots to show where to stop.*

3] Using the edge of a ruler, fold down all the sides.**

4] Cut out the game pieces. Fold the bottom a little bit so they can be glued to the game board. Glue the 2 side together.

5] Glue game pieces to the game board, using the below photo of my big game (so don't freak out if it looks different!!)as a reference. The ghosts have a specific place. You can glue the colored game pieces wherever you want.

Tip: White craft glue works the best!

You can resize it to whatever size you want. A larger size will have better detail, but a smaller one (5.5cm for the game board) is just cuter.

Have fun and please post pictures of it when you are done (or at least let me know you made it)!
    KK

Instructions for the anal (like me)

*I hate these red dots!! After you cut it out, please use a black marker to get rid of them!!!
    ** Use the flat side of the ruler. If you used thick paper you may want to score it first. You score it with a dull razor blade (I use the top of my razor blade. Just lightly drag the dull razor across the line so it bends easier.
    I still have an old (very old) beat up copy of that game. We actually played it a lot as kids; it was a well designed game that really captured the spirit of the Mansion. I like how the dancers turning would change the game, and the crow would block the exit sometimes.

Page 6 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156106 ... LastLast