Page 61 of 139 FirstFirst ... 113651585960616263647186111 ... LastLast

• We Go On.

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Kevin Kidney's got up a bunch of photos of their full-scale HBG replica:

Link: Kevin Kidney
    It's beautiful (in its own unlivable way)!

However, the face isn't as detailed. Something about the old HBG, with its more defined lip/chin creases and frowning brow make it seem more HM-ish. And the head needs to be straighted up just a bit.

EDIT: After looking at it again, it has a certain touch of HM charm the other HBG didn't have. Not charm that the old one lacked, just a different charm.

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

Kevin Kidney's got up a bunch of photos of their full-scale HBG replica:

Link: Kevin Kidney
    Wow, If I only had the money. I love the detail! It is a beautiful piece. It would look great in my living room!

• Inhospitable about happy

Richard Kaufman, who is a pretty experienced hand in this sort of thing, guesses that it'll go for ten to twenty grand..

• Banned User

This is an auction, and it's a unique piece. I wouldn't be surprised if it went for much more. If I was a millionaire, I'd bid 50K for that sucker.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    This is an auction, and it's a unique piece. I wouldn't be surprised if it went for much more. If I was a millionaire, I'd bid 50K for that sucker.
    But woudn't it cost more in Canada?

• Larger Than (After)Life

I was thinking more along the lines of $50K to $100K.

If it sells for only $10K, I'll be pissed!

Where do all these Disney auction earnings go? Is it, at least, for charity??

BTW, Kevin Kidney just signed my petition and listed his age as "space age."

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    But wouldn't it cost more in Canada?
    No, for once the exchange rate is in their favor. Right now according to Google it's a fraction shy of $1.10 Canadian to $1 US, for a long time it hovered around 73 cents Canadian to the USD.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Couldn't resist.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    No, for once the exchange rate is in their favor. Right now according to Google it's a fraction shy of $1.10 Canadian to $1 US, for a long time it hovered around 73 cents Canadian to the USD.

--<< Bruce >>--
    That would explain the Canadian price on Surrell2.

Couldn't resist.

Yes and no.

Yes, I belong back in The Mansion's attic; but, no, not like that.

My overcoat needs to be much more visible, not to mention MY PANTS! Otherwise, I look like a crazy, old flasher, mental hospital escapee with bad teeth and a hatbox.

Well, how's this then? Can't do nuthin' about the pants. Maybe those ARE pants. Look at the hands. That's what the texture of the legs would be if they were nekkid.

He was also too high up, or the attic wall was too low, in the first attempt.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

With the plans off to include the replica on the 9/9/9 event, I wonder if they'll go with the next most obvious temporary option: a live actor. If event organizers are reading, I'm available.

Still have the costume.

• hatbox ghost believer

Fantastic job!!! Wish I had the money to bid on it myself. And hopefully someday soon, he will make a return to his home in the attic!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

Well, how's this then? Can't do nuthin' about the pants. Maybe those ARE pants.
    Someone needs to ask Kevin Kidney. He studied the old photos and can tell us whether or not he made pants.

They don't look like pants to me on the original nor replica figure of The Hatbox Ghost.

Maybe we can take a poll? Throw up both photos and ask, "Does this ghost look like he's wearing pants?"

I don't know why I'm so obsessed with something so stupid. It's just that The Hitchhiking Ghosts all appear to have sufficient clothing, while poor Hattie is catching a draft.

HBG was a frame made of wire and thin pipes. They built up the torso and limbs with gobs and gobs of plastic wrapping, then costumed it with (1) shoes (2) hat (3) coat (4) cloak. So the question is, what is all that plastic wrap supposed to "be"? It's not a question anyone is even supposed to ask, but there it is. Well, it's not bare skin, because (1) the hands and face are clearly smooth, hard, skeletal surfaces, not gauzy blobbery, and (2) if it's his bare skin then he's not wearing shirt, pants, or socks. If that's the case, it would make him a goofball-perv, comic character, which doesn't seem to be the case.

The plastic has a satisfying, cloudy glow under a black light. It's not fair looking at the photos of the figure under regular lighting. You'd have to look at him under black lighting. It's deliberately undefined, but the plastic wrap evidently represents his fully-clothed body, minus the outerwear listed in 1-4 above.

That's my take, anyway.