Page 8 of 139 FirstFirst ... 567891011183358108 ... LastLast

• is too darn hot.

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

I was born in '82, so I was alive when that was going down.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Death Certificate on hand

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

I was born in '63, so I remember old and new. What I miss most is the Welch's grape juice stand. They were the only place that I know of that served the white grape juice frozen pops.
    Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

• Inhospitable about happy

And I'm older than dirt, so...

I've got a nice picture on the wall of Mrs. Hatbox and me with our three-year-old daughter, spinning around in a teacup in the last year of the old Fantasyland. Now that daughter has a six-year-old, a three-year-old, and a one-year-old, and we're all planning on going to Disneyland next year.

Not a single one of them knows about "HBG2" or these Threads, either.

Mmmm, oh wait; where was I? Most people think the New Fantasyland is much better than the old one. I say: they are correct. I miss Skull Rock and the Chicken-of-the-Sea pirate ship (like all the oldies do), but other than that it's no contest.

• Death Certificate on hand

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Mmmm, oh wait; where was I? Most people think the New Fantasyland is much better than the old one. I say: they are correct. I miss Skull Rock and the Chicken-of-the-Sea pirate ship (like all the oldies do), but other than that it's no contest.
    I never ate at the pirate ship [I DO NOT eat tuna] but I miss Skull Rock. But I do not miss the medieval pavilion design of the old FL. Every time I see a pic of WDW, I wonder how we got lucky enough to get the funding first.
    Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

• Banned User

And I'm older than dirt, so...

I've got a nice picture on the wall of Mrs. Hatbox and me with our three-year-old daughter, spinning around in a teacup in the last year of the old Fantasyland. Now that daughter has a six-year-old, a three-year-old, and a one-year-old, and we're all planning on going to Disneyland next year.

Not a single one of them knows about "HBG2" or these Threads, either.

HBG2, I'm glad you're going to DL next year. It's about time the HM guru rides the HM again.

Hopefully, you'll see your namesake in the attic...

• whatever

Quote Originally Posted by hauntedmotion View Post
    I'm going to the hm tomorrow

I'll check it out
    I said I was going to go the hm and indeed I did:

The ride stopped for about 20 min; I was right between the attic and the ball room - I noticed a few things

• The chandelier in the ballroom reflected on the back wall (Is there another slate of glass further back in the ballroom?) If there is, that would explain the double reflection effect I got from one of the constance/dead husband portraits in the attic.
    • During the downtime, I heard muffled cm conversation over the entire ride sound system, but the music didn't duck so I couldn't tell what they were saying.. (I don't think it's common for cm's the communitcate over the loud speakers; If they were trying to tell the guests something, there's no way we could of heard them without the music ducking)
    • The ride pace was very quick; I barely made it on to the doombuggy @ the loading area. Maybe it's just me but we were definitely booking it through the ride
    • The organist got a hair cut

• Banned User

MousePlanet is reporting that the HM will be down for refurbishment Sept. 10-24.

As Arsenio used to say, things that make you go hmmm...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    MousePlanet is reporting that the HM will be down for refurbishment Sept. 10-24.

As Arsenio used to say, things that make you go hmmm...
    Haunted Mansion Holiday has been mentioned/confirmed for Disney for this year.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Dapper Dan-nabe

What's interesting to me is that the D23 article on Halloween Time (linked in today's Dateline Disneyland on Miceage) mentions that as part of the HMH, "Jack and his friends provide plenty of havoc and surprises as they celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Haunted Mansion in their unusual style." Is this just different wording of a press release, or do you think they have plans for some changes to the HMH layout in celebration of the anniversary this year?
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• Inhospitable about happy

Let's just suppose, theoretically—theoretically, mind you—that plans for a HBG2 have been in the works for the 40th. No need to rehearse again the many indicators that this is a reasonable suspicion. Let's suppose too as a, um, thought experiment (yes, that's it; a thought experiment) that there were delays, snags, obstacles. One factor in the emerging drama would be the decision to have the HMH as usual. It's too dang popular, and 99% of the guests don't really know or care about ride anniversaries anyway, so it's on with the HMH show! Okay, that's in the mix.

That would leave two plausible options (among others). There could be a big announcement at the 40th anniversary bash, which takes place not very long before the ride goes down for switchover, or there could be a big debut at that time.

As you ponder this situation in your thought experiment, I would point out that one issue that is a non-issue is the issue of installing it, just to have it uninstalled after a very brief appearance to make way for HMH. Big whoop. Important and complex additions to rides require on-site testing. It's tedious, but there's going to be a certain amount of popping the thing in and out under any circumstances. A brief debut before going down for HMH would be more or less equivalent to a soft opening.

The choice between the two options would really depend (one imagines, in our thought experiment) on how much the WDI guys want to bust their butts to gitter done by that deadline. One imagines that a firm decision under such circumstances could be late, perhaps shockingly late.

Okay, daydream over. This post is just a hazy memory, and you know NOTHING.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Oh, that wacky Buckethead.....

Buckethead - Pepper's Ghost (2007) - Shared MP3. Free MP3 music downloads from Rapidshare, Megaupload, Filefactory. - Download now for free!

HM continues to creep it's ghostly tentacles into "popular" culture...heh...
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Banned User

What's interesting to me is that the D23 article on Halloween Time (linked in today's Dateline Disneyland on Miceage) mentions that as part of the HMH, "Jack and his friends provide plenty of havoc and surprises as they celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Haunted Mansion in their unusual style." Is this just different wording of a press release, or do you think they have plans for some changes to the HMH layout in celebration of the anniversary this year?
    That's a surprise. I had heard that HMH wouldn't happen this year. As it turns out, I'm probably not going to DLR this year, so I won't get to see how this anniversary celebration plays out (unless someone posts pics on this thread, hint, hint). As for the mentioned "surprises", cross your fingers and toes, folks.
    Last edited by disneyfann121; 07-20-2009 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
    A meet would be fun. Someone start a thread in the Meets forum so we can discuss it there and not have it interfere with general HM discussions.

Here ya go:
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...post1055449117

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

I care about anniversaries. I was there on the Tiki Room's this year. I didn't go in because it was super busy, but still.

I know I'm not part of that 99%, but it's sad that it's truly that high of a percentage.
    dreams. come. true.

• We Go On.

Let's just suppose, theoretically—theoretically, mind you—that plans for a HBG2 have been in the works for the 40th. No need to rehearse again the many indicators that this is a reasonable suspicion. Let's suppose too as a, um, thought experiment (yes, that's it; a thought experiment) that there were delays, snags, obstacles. One factor in the emerging drama would be the decision to have the HMH as usual. It's too dang popular, and 99% of the guests don't really know or care about ride anniversaries anyway, so it's on with the HMH show! Okay, that's in the mix.

That would leave two plausible options (among others). There could be a big announcement at the 40th anniversary bash, which takes place not very long before the ride goes down for switchover, or there could be a big debut at that time.

As you ponder this situation in your thought experiment, I would point out that one issue that is a non-issue is the issue of installing it, just to have it uninstalled after a very brief appearance to make way for HMH. Big whoop. Important and complex additions to rides require on-site testing. It's tedious, but there's going to be a certain amount of popping the thing in and out under any circumstances. A brief debut before going down for HMH would be more or less equivalent to a soft opening.

The choice between the two options would really depend (one imagines, in our thought experiment) on how much the WDI guys want to bust their butts to gitter done by that deadline. One imagines that a firm decision under such circumstances could be late, perhaps shockingly late.

Okay, daydream over. This post is just a hazy memory, and you know NOTHING.
    Somewhat along the same lines, what if Disney decided to announce the HBG coming at the 40th anniversary, and that it will appear after HMH?

Page 8 of 139 FirstFirst ... 567891011183358108 ... LastLast