Page 89 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3964798687888990919299114 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2078

• Yoiks!

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

Tin-Web sounds cool.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by nojarama View Post
    Nope. It'll be open by then. It closes Sept. 10-24 for the overlay and re-opens on Friday, September 25!
    It's Pirates that will be closed — DARN!

• Member of Baxter's Army

I have a question for our WDW Cast Members. I noticed in a lot of the recent videos that I cannot hear the bats wings in the Stretching Room. Were they turned off?

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I'm just going to say it. By FAR the best HM ride-thru video ever done. Bar none. It's da bomb.
    Martin Smith is a really great video editor and also knows quite a bit and a very nice guy. The guy who filmed it is very good too.

• Doesn't get enough Disney

Wow, I know it's been said many times already, but I [finally!] got some time to watch the M-W () video and it's amazing!!

Si vous voulez venir danser aussi, le ticket d’entrée n’est jamais gratuit.
    Il faut payer de sa vie.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

The bat effects are still in there.

That video was amazing. You really don't appreciate things like the desperation of the guy in the coffin on a typical ride-thru. Chilling.
    Also I think I caught a few details on Attic props but I will need confirmation from the Eagle-Eyed Members
    I think I saw the couch at the top of this picture in the George Tableaux.

http://www.disneyfans.com/photos/Wal...s/1120_206.jpg

Also I think I found the Main Street Hitching post that was the very first topic on GRD's Blog.
    http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4...Street---1.jpg

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Alas, you didn't see the hitching post. It's not in there anymore, though, its not far from the show building...

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post
    Alas, you didn't see the hitching post. It's not in there anymore, though, its not far from the show building...
    Where is it? BTW' I thought I saw that CoD portrait that used to be in the Attic hanging in the Corridor of Doors in that video.

• Yoiks!

Over at DB, Gordon Free posted some old photos of the berm Random DL HM pics - No Flash Pictures, Please - Hot and Cold Running Chills - Disney's Haunted Mansion - Message Board - Yuku

One of the gravestones was for Mister West. I thought he was exclusive to TD. Was West always there? If not, what is his timeline?

• Inhospitable about happy

I've been geeking out about gordonfree's photos all day. Well actually, just the first one.

Extremely rare photo, that. That cluster was to the right of this set:

Not only that, but I figured out today a way to defeat the block on my computer that incapacitates my screen grab function while the DVD player is going. So, here are some shots of the berm graveyard from Jeff Lange's video of the HM from 1992-95:

Add this shot of the Phineas Pock stone on the berm and you've got, I think, the complete set, thanks to gordonfree's new picture from ca. 1986:

If you compare gordo's and Jeff's pix, you can see that Brother Dave and Mister West were removed sometime between the mid 80's and mid 90's. I'll wager Phineas Pock came out at that time as well. The rest were out by 2000. They should bring them back; there's no excuse not to.

Notice the name alterations when they recreated stones from the original set and from WDW:

Master Gracey became Mister West
    Brother Claude became Brother Dodd
    Francis Xavier became Chauncey Xavier
    Cousin Huet became Old Cousin Huett

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by Kreepy Karl View Post
    One of the gravestones was for Mister West. I thought he was exclusive to TD. Was West always there? If not, what is his timeline?
    The berm graveyard was the second graveyard. The first had eight stones and was in the corner of what is now queue area. Uprooted in...dunno, mid 70's? One stone (Pock) went up on the berm, the rest went to the Imagineers who were honored by them. They made at least seven new ones, recreating four of the DL originals and three that were original to WDW and now made their DL debut. They changed the names on four of the newly minted seven, and none of them looked exactly like the originals.

• Yoiks!

Thanks for the history lesson. The history has been mentioned before, but I didn't know (or forgot) about West.
    I knew you would freak out when you saw Gordon's photo.

Here's how he looks in Tokyo.

You can't see the chain that links the dog to the grave.

And while we're in Tokyo, lets look at this amazing detail.
    Last edited by Kreepy Karl; 09-06-2009 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Added Photo

• Banned User

Thanks, Karl. I really love that fountain, but I hate the hokey looking spiderweb in front of it, they really need to take that out, and put in more realistic looking spiderwebs. Also I can see the chain connecting the dog to the tombstone.

And, when referring to Mark Davis and his body of work, you just add an " ' " to the end of his name, so it comes out as "Mark Davis' body of work". Do not make it look as "Mark Davis's", that is incorrect!

Greg Stone (First Resident of the Haunted Mansion)

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Quote Originally Posted by firstresident View Post
    Thanks, Karl. I really love that fountain, but I hate the hokey looking spiderweb in front of it, they really need to take that out, and put in more realistic looking spiderwebs.
    Isn't that spiderweb there just for the HMH?