• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Your Story's of joy!

Hi there, I made this thread to post story's of joy you experienced at Disneyland, moments when the Disney magic really swept through you, things a cm did, moments that just amazed you!

March 2001 - My only time in Disneyland

My most memorbal, and joyful time was seeing Fantasmic. I was amazed, the magic, the technology. Ever since I was little I was a theater rat, did shows all the time. When I saw fantasmic I was like, MICKEY WENT DOWN A TRAP DOOR, HOW COOL! I was just amazed by how beautiful it was. It brought tears to my eyes. A dragon materialized on an island, a witch grew in the air, mickey shot sparks out of his finger... Pirates fought on a moving and real pirate ship. It amazed me, and made me feel like I was apart of disney, I had made it to a world that just simply, was incredible!!

Does anyone else have any story's of times you were so happy at Disneyland, times you wanted to cry because you were just so amazed?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Rainicorn.

Re: Your Story's of joy!

On the anniversary, after waiting a long time in DCA, we were let in before official opening (around 7:30-45 AM). As I walked under the railroad bridge and onto Main Street, I heard clapping and cheering! The streets of Main Street were lined with cheerful CMs, clapping and saying, "WELCOME HOME!"

Yeah. I about cried.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Blog Entries

That would of been something amazing to see!

~

• Oh, the cleverness of me.

Didn't happen to me, just heard it from a fellow cast member. She described it as an "awwww story." So here it goes: One of my leads was ringing up a little child's purchase and after finishing the transaction, he looked down at the child and said 'Have a great day princess.' The child with long dark hair looked up, and my lead realized that the child was a boy. So he takes the child, find's his mother and apologizes, saying that he only saw his long hair and couldn't see his face. She said it was alright, and told her son to tell my lead why he was growing his hair out. He said that it was for a girl with cancer. (Wait, it gets even better). My lead about dies when he hears this and grabs his pin lanyard and tells the little boy that he can choose any pin he wants and it's his. The little boy chooses a Tinkerbell pin, and his mother says that that pin is a girl's pin. The little boy then responds 'but it's for her.' All this from a little 5 year old boy! Now that is Disney Magic at it's finest!
    <o>

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

With my work schedule, my wife working and taking care of our girls, their school schedule and our partridge in a pear tree, we unfortunetly only get to make it to CA once or twice a year. I've never worked for or lived near DL, but after the 400 mile drive to DL, something magic happens everytime. I can't quite explain the feeling but always on my first day walking up to the property or entrance, I get this feeling as though a burden has been lifted and I'm somewhere better. That is my joy, I'm able to escape from the real world.

Oh, and Fantasmic rocks too, wouldn't miss it for the world
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Blog Entries

Hehehe, awesome!

~

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    That would of been something amazing to see!
    Yeah, even my friends were even amazed, and they're totally not into DLR in the way I am, you know? It was truly mind blowng.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

My favorite moment would be when I went with my friend and his family to Disneyland during December two years ago. At the time I just moved out of Cali, so it was nice to visit with them again and hang out at Disneyland. Well we ended the night when his folks bought everyone cookies, cotton candy, and hot cocoa.

• Circle of Ancients

When I saw the new fireworks show for the first time this year, I was in total awe. The funny thing was , I had gotten separated from my family so I was watching the show form the middle of Main Street "all by myself." But I just couldn't contain my excitement at how awesome everything was so I kept turning to people around me and saying "wow" and "Oooh " and "Ahhhh." I saw a few other people who were also "by themselves" and they were into it as much as I was. It helped make up for the fact that I wasn't watching it with my family. But the next time I saw it was with my family and friends and we were right smack in front of the castle! That was the best time so far!!

My last 6 or 7 trips have been in November or I've gone in Spring with friends who I couldn't be a Disney nerd in front of so I hadn't seen Fantasmic since i was in like 5th grade. Seeing it all over again this year with my g/f was really magical just because it reminded me of how much I love DL and have since my first trip when I was 3.

• Dreams do come true

I posted this story a few weeks ago but with the server change it got swept into neverland....

Here is the backstory, I am almost totally blind in my left eye, while it has not bothered me in any way, except for one thing I cannot see 3D movies with the traditional red and blue glasses. So being a kid from N california we made it down to DL evry few years or so. While on one of these trips while in TL we were in line to see Captian EO. I was both excited and sad for I was excited to see a movie with Michael Jackson ( being born in the mid 70's he was a musical god to my sis and I) but I was also sad that I could not experience the 3D in the movie. But I went inside anyway. I remember the CM's giving us these crazy plastic glasses. They were not red and blue lenses!! Once the movie started it was apparent I COULD SEE 3D!!!!! I was so happy I think I shed a tear. Disneyland had made my dream of seeing 3D a reality. I watched Captain EO a few more times that day just to catch up on all the 3D I had missed. Thank you DL and MJ.