Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 173
  1. #151

    • Cars Land Rocks!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    4,635

    Re: BLUE SKY CELLAR Reopens Featuring The World Of Color

    I think the music is fine to open and close the show. There will most likely be many different pieces of music used throughout the 25 minute production. I don't think anyone is going to hear the World of Color song at the start and walk away from the show.





  2. #152

    • TDS and TDL FUN times
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Posts
    1,485

    Re: BLUE SKY CELLAR Reopens Featuring The World Of Color

    I have a couple concerns the show looks amazing lets just hope they have all the sightlines worked out. I assume from the expereience of fantasmic the viewing area will be layered well enough so 9,000 people can see well enough they will be happy. It would be pretty crappy if people couldnt see because the platform wasnt angled and leveled off correctly. Again I assume this shouldnt be a problem but then again I assumed the new monorails wouldnt of been an issue either. Ah too Soon? Also I really hope they show this more than once a day if only 9,000 people fit yet the goal is eventually attracting 30,000 plus a day they need 2 shows.!! just some thoughts!

  3. #153

    • Member; Mousketeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    697

    Re: BLUE SKY CELLAR Reopens Featuring The World Of Color

    Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    Also I really hope they show this more than once a day if only 9,000 people fit yet the goal is eventually attracting 30,000 plus a day they need 2 shows.!! just some thoughts!
    If the show is well received, then there will be
    encore showings.

  4. #154

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: BLUE SKY CELLAR Reopens Featuring The World Of Color

    i don't think there will be too many site line issues. The fountains are suppose to be from 30 to 200 feet high. I am sure there will be people in other areas besides the viewing platform watching the show.

    They are probably going to rope off sections along the rails on Paradise Pier bridge and then sections along the parade route near the Mermaid structure

  5. #155

    • TDS and TDL FUN times
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Posts
    1,485

    Re: BLUE SKY CELLAR Reopens Featuring The World Of Color

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob™ View Post
    If the show is well received, then there will be
    encore showings.
    so it will just be once a night to begin with, that doesnt seem like a good idea?

  6. #156

    • Member; Mousketeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    697

    Re: BLUE SKY CELLAR Reopens Featuring The World Of Color

    It may start out that way but it all
    depends on how the public will react
    to the show.

    If deemed spectacular, the public
    will want more showings of it.

    Just like how Fantasmic! gets second showings
    on a nightly basis. Because of the popular demand
    for it.

    No doubt that World of Color will also
    receive the same praise.

  7. #157

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: BLUE SKY CELLAR Reopens Featuring The World Of Color

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob™ View Post
    It may start out that way but it all
    depends on how the public will react
    to the show.

    If deemed spectacular, the public
    will want more showings of it.
    Based on what they are showing us, how could it be anything but spectacular?

    I would think they'd anticipate a demand for at least two shows. They'll be adding shows soon enough by the looks of it.

    To do that, however, they'd have to keep the park open later most likely. Is it part of the plan to keep DCA open later eventually?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  8. #158

    • Member; Mousketeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    697

    Re: BLUE SKY CELLAR Reopens Featuring The World Of Color

    I have no doubts the show will
    be immesely sucessful and popular.

    And I'm sure because of that, the park
    may remain operative for extended hours.

    However, another issue is having the majority
    of the attractions closed for such a long period
    of time. One showing of World of Color will prompt
    many of the attractions on Paradise Pier to close early
    before the show begins.

    If an encore showing were to happen, then
    this would require all rides on the pier to
    close yet again.

    Thus causing a logistical dilemma.

  9. #159

    • Fancy that...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,311

    Re: BLUE SKY CELLAR Reopens Featuring The World Of Color

    I think that only Screamin' and the Ferris Wheel are going to have to be shut down because of their close proximity to the fountains. That probably also includes the Golden Zephyr and the SSS, but anything that's indoors or separated by the bay with a pathway should be fine.

  10. #160

    • Member; Mousketeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    697

    Re: BLUE SKY CELLAR Reopens Featuring The World Of Color

    Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    I think that only Screamin' and the Ferris Wheel are going to have to be shut down because of their close proximity to the fountains. That probably also includes the Golden Zephyr and the SSS, but anything that's indoors or separated by the bay with a pathway should be fine.
    Yes you bring up a valid point.
    King Triton's Carousel, Toy Story Midway Mania,
    Games of the Boardwalk and the Maiboomer
    would most likely remain open.

    Theoretically that is.

  11. #161

    • Still lost in Neverland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    Posts
    4,083

    Re: BLUE SKY CELLAR Reopens Featuring The World Of Color

    No, the Entire Paradise Pier will be closed. This is going to be the last thing that goes on in DCA each evening. They want that area emptied out first. So closing it for the show is the easiest way to do it. When the show is finished everyone has to leave the Park. They have specifically times it this way. If they add more shows, the Paradise Pier area in back will still be closed as all those things back there are part of the show. Plus the Santa Ana winds blow in from the North going South and that will blow any mist away from the viewing area and right into the Peir area so they must empty it. I talked to an Imagineer that was in the Blue Celler on Saturday and he is working on the show and verified that information.

    Also you may have noticed that almost all of the California Dream show building is now been trashed, except for that one wall with the mural which is still standing on pillars that held it up. I found out that despite what it looks like, they are not going to save it. It will be bulldozed down as the cost of taking it down in peices so it could be sold or put somewhere else is to high. The money is better spent on the attraction itself.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

    Thank You Poisonedapples

  12. #162

    • Member; Mousketeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    697

    Re: BLUE SKY CELLAR Reopens Featuring The World Of Color

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    No, the Entire Paradise Pier will be closed. This is going to be the last thing that goes on in DCA each evening. They want that area emptied out first. So closing it for the show is the easiest way to do it. When the show is finished everyone has to leave the Park. They have specifically times it this way. If they add more shows, the Paradise Pier area in back will still be closed as all those things back there are part of the show. Plus the Santa Ana winds blow in from the North going South and that will blow any mist away from the viewing area and right into the Peir area so they must empty it. I talked to an Imagineer that was in the Blue Celler on Saturday and he is working on the show and verified that information.
    I had a cogitation that it would close, indefinitely.

    Although I believe it's a good strategy.

    This will make guest continuously want
    to remain within the park to watch the show.
    If they so happen to miss the show, then it
    would give them a reason to come back to
    the park to see it.

  13. #163

    • Buena Vista St. & Red Car
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, CA
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: BLUE SKY CELLAR Reopens Featuring The World Of Color

    Ah I love how Steve Davidson leaves out some transition for us to discover. I know he mentioned a secret way the whales will be called after the Crush scene...i'm betting it's Dory.

  14. #164

    • TDS and TDL FUN times
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Posts
    1,485

    Re: BLUE SKY CELLAR Reopens Featuring The World Of Color

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Based on what they are showing us, how could it be anything but spectacular?

    I would think they'd anticipate a demand for at least two shows. They'll be adding shows soon enough by the looks of it.

    To do that, however, they'd have to keep the park open later most likely. Is it part of the plan to keep DCA open later eventually?
    ------
    I guess this will have to be all part of test and adjust, and maybe once they get operations under control maybe they can do 2 shows??? I just am envisioning alot of people being left out and mobs of angry people rushing guest relations most likely angry AP'ers no disrespect im an Ap'er too but , if I were a full paying guest and I miss out a show just because only 9,000 people could fit and people were camping out all day id be a little upset.

  15. #165

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,209

    Re: BLUE SKY CELLAR Reopens Featuring The World Of Color

    I don't know about you. Come opening day, I am running directly to the viewing area at park opening.


Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Trip Report] Assorted videos, "small world", Celebrate!, Blue Sky Cellar +more! (Photo Heavy)
    By dland_lover in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 10:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •