Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

• Banned User

Re: BLUE SKY CELLAR Reopens Featuring The World Of Color

Quote Originally Posted by bearride View Post
    Thanks Fishy.
    The interactive play fountain has me confused. Isn't it the same thing as the old Cosmic Waves. The had to shut down that because of kids using as a bathroom. Wouldn't this be the same thing? Guess where all the old Cosmic Waves fountain heads are going?
    and doesnt a fountain waste precious space for this new show that will be standing room only?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Crazee4mm View Post
    Thanks for the update on the Blue Sky Cellar. The World of Color show just seems to look better and better. I was taken aback a little by how much planning went into researching and planning for crowd flow and control. The big bugaboo I currently have with Disney is their absolute unbending stubbornness at scheduling all of their "Nightastic" offerings within a 2 hour window between both parks. They have obviously spent millions promoting these refreshed shows but there are not enough performances nor are the scheduled times very "guest" friendly. The "Summer Nightastic" weenies begin at 8:45 (DEP at DCA) and come to a conclusion two hours later with the conclusion of Fantasmic at approx. 10:52. With respect to the TLT Dance Club (with many of the same bands as before "Nightastic" or just a DJ on weeknights) people are not interested too much in spending much time there when the window of opportunity to see the BIG shows is so short. Pixie Hollow too, is not an attraction that holds a guests interest for long either.
    What I am getting at is that for 2 hours each evening, guests are hearded, stampeded, and made to endure horrifically crowded conditions just to see what is being offered. Now I know that on some nights a third Fantasmic is scheduled at the last minute but you can be assured that tons of complaints were voiced before Disney finally relents. There is a stampede from DCA to DL every evening following the Electrical Parade that is tantamount to the running of the bulls in Spain. Disney knows enough of this to station dozens of cast members and security officers in the esplanade to give verbal warnings to not run, but walk. This crowd gets to the DL turnstiles only to find only 3 open! Change the direction the parade runs and this situation will drastically change. The crowds would flow out rather than stampede! What am I missing here! It seems so obvious. Back when the Electrical Parade was running from front-to-back of the park (in DCA) rather than the other way around things went smoothly. Why the direction of the parade changed absolutely astounds me. I keep hearing (and reading) that Disney strives for a great guest experience but turns it's back on the cluster**** it creates every night during primetime. How about fireworks at 9:35. Why do the fireworks have to start within mere minutes of the completion of the first Fantasmic AND Electrical parade. The fireworks and Electrical parade only have a single performance each night! With the fireworks, it's understandable. But the Electrical Parade should have another performance around 10:30 or 10:45. This will bleed off some of the people who see it at 8:45 and then have to race across the esplanade to get lousy viewing of the fireworks.
    Disneyland used to have ALL of these shows within the berm and didn't experience the kind of chaos they have now. PLUS, there were 3 Fantasmic performances and TWO Electrical Parade shows. Attendance has grown and yet showtimes have been trimmed. Guest experience is diminishing every time we are funnelled into bottlenecks and it is avoidable (to some extent). In the final issue of E-Ticket Magazine Mr. Tony Baxter even makes mention of how the park is now too crowded for its design. This diminishes the quest experience to a point where crowds now routinely "MOO" like cattle when moving from one venue to another. As it is now, I am dreading what the World of Color will do to this scenario. Talk about a stampede when that show finishes each performance!
    good points and very true. we just experienced this condundrum personally.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonryan106 View Post
    and doesnt a fountain waste precious space for this new show that will be standing room only?
    the fountain will be turned off at night so ppl can stand there to watch world of color. Where did you come from? Too many negative comments.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Vault View Post
    the fountain will be turned off at night so ppl can stand there to watch world of color. Where did you come from? Too many negative comments.
    where did i come from? i dont understand the question. Need my zipcode? And as far as negativity, many have expressed displeasure at the fountain. is only your opinion valid?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonryan106 View Post
    where did i come from? i dont understand the question. Need my zipcode? And as far as negativity, many have expressed displeasure at the fountain. is only your opinion valid?
    No but i can see you're a a new poster with only a few posts and you jumped into many threads stating how you don't like the changes going on in DCA. Anyone who doesn't see the point in redoing the entrance pretty much loses all credit in my book.
    Last edited by Disney Vault; 08-10-2009 at 09:21 PM.

• Yeah.....

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I don't know about you. Come opening day, I am running directly to the viewing area at park opening.
    Don't let's be silly!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Vault View Post
    No but i can see you're a a new poster with only a few posts and you jumped into many threads stating how you don't like the changes going on in DCA. Anyone who doesn't see the point in redoing the entrance pretty much loses all credit in my book.
    whatever DisneyVault, anyone new cant have a point according to you... I liked the current DCA entrance and dont see the need for it to look like a Disney MGM Studios re-tread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    Don't let's be silly!
    With all this talk of the crowds I am now standing in front of the contruction and will remain here till the show starts ina year.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112