Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: BLUE SKY CELLAR Reopens Featuring The World Of Color

I'm all giddy with excitement! Just looking at those pictures made me start laughing (with happiness, not mockingly of course). I am soo ready for WoC to start. Goodbye Fantasmic, hello World of Color !

^^ 545 now!

Thanks Fishbulb! WoC is going to be awesome!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    Excellent update! I have been wondering though, is the artwork in the cellar just for DCA attractions, or is there some DLR stuff lurkin about?
    It is just DCA at this time. The point of the Cellar is to explain to guests what all the construction around them is all about.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• FastPass n00b

Considering the fact that rides cost hundreds of millions of dollars each, Disney has to pay for demolition and cleanup costs, and the park is a continuously operating park, I just don't think that the money, time and dedication put into this makeover will be anything more than a dressing up of the park. Sure, we get a couple of amazing, out-of-this-world rides and attractions that no one has ever seen before, but the rest of the park is just lipstick on a pig.

It's going to take a LOT more than $1.2 billion to undo the damage left behind by the previous management, but it's an excellent first step... and let not the Disney management forget that, it is a STEP, not a final rendition of the park. If they don't have a Phase II after a few years, DCA will be barely better off than it is now.

Excellent article today, by the way! The multiplane aspect of the projections should make Fantasmic's projections look like they are from the stone age of animation.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    512 people viewing this thread! WOW!
    That might be a new record... it's the most I've ever seen!
    600+ in the thread now, but not even close to a record. We had over 2,000 people in the Monorail accident news thread a couple weeks ago.

We are just happy that people look to us for their breaking Disney news.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Still lost in Neverland

Thanks for the preview of the Preview Cellar Fishy. It's going to be amazing. I will be there Saturday and look forward to seeing the new stuff in person. Thanks for doing this for us. You are the man!
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

Guhh this all looks so amazing! I can't wait to check out the cellar myself!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I

Can't

Believe

Another freaking water play area. ugh!

And a water play area less themed than the S.S. Rustworthy, or Flik's Fun Fair, and Bugsland/Farm area.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Thank you for getting up early to share this with us Fishy!

And for those who can't make it to the park, Disney has launched a new Blue Sky Cellar web site: Disneyland Resort - Blue Sky Cellar

I like that there's a site to see the older footage of upcoming attractions! And i like the red car loading bar.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Drink life to the lees.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb View Post
    Included will be effects that envelope the 9,000 seat viewing area in an experience that is sure to be awe inspiring.
    Any ideas as to what those effects could be? This show sounds absolutely amazing!

Thumbs up Re: BLUE SKY CELLAR Reopens Featuring The World Of Color

Did you guys see this one of the Cheshire Cat and Alice in the Bottle! Omg its going to me amazing! I Can't wait to see it all come together and the music is just going to be wonderful! Spring 2010 can't be here any sooner!

Does anyone have the new video? Btw, thanks for the pics!
    I'm a gymnast...
    I do my own stunts

• Mickey's pal

Looks great, thanks for posting.
    "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• Disney friends are #1

Thanks for the update on the Blue Sky Cellar. The World of Color show just seems to look better and better. I was taken aback a little by how much planning went into researching and planning for crowd flow and control. The big bugaboo I currently have with Disney is their absolute unbending stubbornness at scheduling all of their "Nightastic" offerings within a 2 hour window between both parks. They have obviously spent millions promoting these refreshed shows but there are not enough performances nor are the scheduled times very "guest" friendly. The "Summer Nightastic" weenies begin at 8:45 (DEP at DCA) and come to a conclusion two hours later with the conclusion of Fantasmic at approx. 10:52. With respect to the TLT Dance Club (with many of the same bands as before "Nightastic" or just a DJ on weeknights) people are not interested too much in spending much time there when the window of opportunity to see the BIG shows is so short. Pixie Hollow too, is not an attraction that holds a guests interest for long either.
    What I am getting at is that for 2 hours each evening, guests are hearded, stampeded, and made to endure horrifically crowded conditions just to see what is being offered. Now I know that on some nights a third Fantasmic is scheduled at the last minute but you can be assured that tons of complaints were voiced before Disney finally relents. There is a stampede from DCA to DL every evening following the Electrical Parade that is tantamount to the running of the bulls in Spain. Disney knows enough of this to station dozens of cast members and security officers in the esplanade to give verbal warnings to not run, but walk. This crowd gets to the DL turnstiles only to find only 3 open! Change the direction the parade runs and this situation will drastically change. The crowds would flow out rather than stampede! What am I missing here! It seems so obvious. Back when the Electrical Parade was running from front-to-back of the park (in DCA) rather than the other way around things went smoothly. Why the direction of the parade changed absolutely astounds me. I keep hearing (and reading) that Disney strives for a great guest experience but turns it's back on the cluster**** it creates every night during primetime. How about fireworks at 9:35. Why do the fireworks have to start within mere minutes of the completion of the first Fantasmic AND Electrical parade. The fireworks and Electrical parade only have a single performance each night! With the fireworks, it's understandable. But the Electrical Parade should have another performance around 10:30 or 10:45. This will bleed off some of the people who see it at 8:45 and then have to race across the esplanade to get lousy viewing of the fireworks.
    Disneyland used to have ALL of these shows within the berm and didn't experience the kind of chaos they have now. PLUS, there were 3 Fantasmic performances and TWO Electrical Parade shows. Attendance has grown and yet showtimes have been trimmed. Guest experience is diminishing every time we are funnelled into bottlenecks and it is avoidable (to some extent). In the final issue of E-Ticket Magazine Mr. Tony Baxter even makes mention of how the park is now too crowded for its design. This diminishes the quest experience to a point where crowds now routinely "MOO" like cattle when moving from one venue to another. As it is now, I am dreading what the World of Color will do to this scenario. Talk about a stampede when that show finishes each performance!

• Haunted Mansion Fan

Stockton, CA; AKA too far from Disneyland (5 hrs, 48 mins/375.1 mi)

source: Disneyland News Today Podcast

There are large high resolution pictures of these available when you click on the images.

First Look at the Updated Blue Sky Cellar

July 16, 2009, 1:45 pm | Disney's California Adventure
    Continuing in our coverage of both the updated Blue Sky Cellar and World of Color, here’s some Disneyland press images just released showing concept art for World of Color, the updated exhibits in the Blue Sky Cellar, and the World of Color construction site (be sure to click on each image for a closer look at these beautiful photos):

Disney’s “World of Color” will bring new nighttime excitement to Paradise Pier at Disney’s California Adventure. This nightly panorama of spectacular water effects, colorful lighting and music will bring Disney animation to life with an entirely new creative and technical approach

The Alice in Wonderland scene is rumored to be the longest, starting off with “In The Golden Afternoon”

The Cheshire Cat’s face will appear in the mist screens as his body is created by twirling jets

The “marvels of earth, sea, and sky” will be covered in the show. Wall-E will represent the sky, Finding Nemo will represent the sea, but what movie will represent the earth is anyone’s guess. Also featured will be the “hopes and the tears, the joys and the fears”

Pocahontas paints with all the “Colors of the Wind”

All this concept art and more is featured in the updated Blue Sky Cellar

The Paradise Pier model remains, but one change has been made

The water fountains for World of Color have been added to the model
    Keep an eye on us here at Disneyland News Today for the latest on both World of Color and the Blue Sky Cellar.
    Last edited by Villains Fan; 07-16-2009 at 05:37 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast