Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disneyland Couple

Hidden Mickey's in DLR

Just wondering if anyone has purchased the book to help you find all the hidden Mickey's in DLR. Does anyone have a hint list to help? We don't want to be told where they are, just hints of places to look for them.

Thanks!

Drew and Raina

• Young Padawan

Re: Hidden Mickey's in DLR

I have Steve Barrett's Hidden Mickey's book and I really enjoy it. It starts off giving clues so you have a basic idea of where to look, and later on gives more in-depth hints if you really can't find them.
    I'd recommend you get this book if you are just looking for hints.
    Show off your Disneyland knowledge by entering my photo contest:
    http://ocregister.upickem.net/engine...contestid=2557

• Disney Trivia Queen

The book is great if you want hints. The only problem with the book, is that it's doesn't have all of the Hidden Mickeys and it hasn't been updated in a while. But I used it a while ago and it was fun!

• Future Cast Member

Yeah, i think the book is great! My favorite one is one near ROA. Across from Big Thunder Mountain, next to the queue for Mark Twain and/or Columbia, there's a picture of the Mark Twain on Rivers of America. look on Mark Twain's lower deck, toward the right, and you'll see Mickey holding someone's hand on the boat.
    Probably one of the easiest hidden mickeys is the one in the haunted mansion. It moves around the table, but its always in the ballroom, made up of a large round plate and smaller round dishes or a cup to make mickey's ears.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Small Fry View Post
    I have Steve Barrett's Hidden Mickey's book and I really enjoy it. It starts off giving clues so you have a basic idea of where to look, and later on gives more in-depth hints if you really can't find them.
    I'd recommend you get this book if you are just looking for hints.

Yeah, I've got that one! Good tip!

Haven't seen you in a while Small Fry. Nice to see your posts again!

• Future Cast Member

the book doesnt just have hints, it has a section with hints to play like a game or scavenger hunt, and another section describes in detail where the hidden mickeys are.

• Disneyland Enthusiasts

Steven Barrett is actually coming out with a 2nd Edition for Disneyland Hidden Mickeys. Since he is actually out in Florida, he asked a few local Hidden Mickey hunters for help. Our website (Home - FindingMickey.com) has photos of most of the Hidden Mickeys, some decorative ones and even a few wishful mickeys. We also have a free checklists for all the parts of the Disneyland Resort.

If you are interested in hunting for Disneyland Hidden Mickeys, please check our website out!
    http://findingmickey.com
    the hidden mickeys and details of disneyland resort

• Future Cast Member

I've checked out the website before, i love it! It has the mickeys from the book, but with pictures, so some of them that are hard are easier to find once you see the pictures, plus its always updated so it has newer ones. Great site!

• Disneyland Enthusiasts

thanks a lot! we've been working on the site since 2005 and its great to know that we're not the only ones who read the site. ^^

• Future Cast Member

No problem! Before I got the book, I thought hidden mickeys were just the normal circle with two smaller ears hidden in wallpaper or carpet or something, I never realized how hard some of them are to find, and how creative and interesting they are. I think if more people would get the book they'd get interested in hidden mickeys. now whenever i go on indiana jones i hear people asking about the hidden things in the queue, there always seems to be a big group of three different families listening to a CM point out something to them, and they'll be holding the books.

• Seeker of Fun

I've heard a rumor that there's one on the grass right as you walk in............ok...bad joke???

• Disneyland Enthusiasts

seems vaguely familiar... grass and flowers?

My sister and me both have a copy of the book and found it rather helpful. We also went to the park yesterday and both confirmed two hidden Mickey's in the POTC ride. The first one is just before you enter the jail scene. Hint: This fellow cant seem control his laughter; Close to the flaming brim yet above the bulge a pleasant surprise will be found. Highlight for exact location of this hidden Mickey: Just before the jail scene pay attention to the laughing drunk pirate above you. His jug of rum has a flame comming out of the top of the jug. Just below the top portion of the jug (the neck part of the jug) is a Hidden Mickey painted on it. We both heard about it and could'nt adjust our eyes to see it well enough; but luckily we both saw it yesterday. Only problem now is how to get a picture of it.....

The second Hidden Mickey has been mentioned many times before; but its the first time both me and my sis actually saw it. In the last scene just before you see Jack Sparrow at the end of the ride you might want to pay close attention to any chest armor you might see around there....

• Future Imagineer! =D

I also own Hidden Mickey's written by Steve Barrett. It's fabulous! He's gives cool hints. Here's on, for example-

"*Go to Space Mountain in Tomorrowland and walk up the entrance queue.
    Clue 3: See anything on the ride vehicles?" page 23

I highly reccommed this book for you and your family! Good luck while finding hidden Mickey's =]
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Wow Ilook at my hairy legged pirate every time but never have seen a hidden Mickey on his jug!

The other HM in there, and the first one I ever saw, is in the battle scene. In the stone wall are 3 cannonball holes in the shape of a hidden Mickey.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast