Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• CM for 4 years!

Blue Bayou Facts - To Inform the Misinformed

There is so much misinformation that goes around about the Blue Bayou that I figured I should make a thread about it. Please feel free to ask any questions past the answers I give.

*Yes, the Blue Bayou is the restaurant which is right next to Pirates of the Carribbean.

*Yes, the only seating available is on that patio. So, anything that you can see from the ride is the entire restaurant.

*The Blue Bayou does sometimes have a blues guitarist, sometimes accompanied by a violinist, on the upstairs patio.

*Lunch menu prices range from $7 for a bowl of soup to $19 for prime rib.

*Dinner menu prices range from $8 for an appetizer to $37 for a grande cut of prime rib. Most other menu options fall between the $23-28 range. Each entree includes a bowl of soup or a side salad.

*The Blue Bayou's soups are vegetable gumbo and clam chowder

*The Blue Bayou does not offer soup in a bread boule, but this item is available at the Royal Street Veranda or the French Market.

*The Monte Cristo is only available at lunch time.

*Lunch is served from 11:30 am until 3:40 pm.

*Dinner is served from 4:00 pm until close (varied based on time of year, time of week, park hours, etc.)

*The Blue Bayou usually books up on off-season weekdays by noon same-day.

*The Blue Bayou usually books up on Saturdays and Sundays by 10:00 or 11:00 am.

*A Priority Seating is not like a reservation-- it is more like a Fastpass. It gives you the first available table for the time at which you check in. It also puts you ahead of any stand-by. It does not mean immediate seating.

*A wide selection of priority seatings are available as little as one day beforehand.

*You can call (714) 781-DINE to make a Priority Seating at any Disney Resort dining location, excluding the Rainforest Cafe.

*Priority Seatings are also taken at the Blue Bayou podium in front of the restaurant up to a week in advance.

*Walk-ups are accepted if there are any available tables in the restaurant. Because the entire restaurant is booked through Priority Seatings, "available tables" usually means that a large number of guests have not shown up for their Priority Seating. Unfortunately, the reservationist can't tell when someone is not going to check in for their reservation so s/he can not tell when the restaurant will accept walk-ins.

*The Disneyland Five Crowns plate set is offered at the Blue Bayou for $24.99 per plate (including a complimentary dessert) or $124.99 for the entire set of 6 plates (no complimentary dessert but you get one plate for free). Other locations which are better equipped to sell this set (because they are to-go locations or just less busy) are the French Market, Plaza Inn, Ariel's Grotto, Wine Country Tratorria, Storyteller's Cafe, Goofy's Kitchen, and Rancho del Zocalo.

*A seat next to the water is usually an additional wait. This wait can range from 15 minutes to over an hour, depending on the number of requests at the time, and the size of the party.

*A complimentary dessert is offered to anyone who has a birthday who is dining at the restaurant. Let your server know, and your chocolate mousse will be brought right out after you've finished your entree.

*The Blue Bayou is wheelchair accesible.

*The bathrooms are down the street, the last left before the train station.

*The payphones are down the street, on the right across from the bathrooms near the train station.

*The closest ATM is in Frontierland.

*The closest smoking area is on the Rivers of America across from the Haunted Mansion.

*The Blue Bayou accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Disney Visa, Disney vouchers, Disney gift card

*The Blue Bayou chocolate gold dubloons are available for sale for $2.99 for a box of 16 mints. Just ask at the front desk and a reservationist will be happy to assist you in your purchase. Just let him/her know how many boxes you would like, and s/he will serve you as quickly as possible.

*None of the menu is available to-go except for the Monte Cristo at lunch time. This special request can take a little time to fill. Just let the reservationsist know that you would like a Monte Cristo to go, and s/he will serve you as quickly as possible.

Any other questions, folks?
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• All you need is LOVE

Re: Blue Bayou Facts - To Inform the Misinformed

Thanks

• Oh, the cleverness of me.

Great info! Thanks a bunch! I think next time I'm in the park I'll get a Monte Cristo to go! WOO HOO!!
    <o>

• Senior Minion

Thanks, there were some vague areas that I wasn't sure about, and some I knew already. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 10-04-2005 at 05:55 PM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Animatronic

That's great info! I haven't eaten there this year so my information may be dated, but here's some more info.

* You can also pay cash or use Disney Dollars.
    * While dining, the restrooms are the hallway left of the entrance.
    * You aren't really outside.
    * One table has a nice view of the shooting star mechanism.
    * If you eat there enough, you'll overhear someone saying "the moon is painted on the wall" and someone else saying "but the clouds are moving"
    * If you don't tip, animatronic gators will leap out of the water and eat you.

• Hedonist

Do you get a discount if you dress like a pirate?

• Minion

Post Re: Blue Bayou Facts - To Inform the Misinformed

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    *The bathrooms are down the street, the last left before the train station.
    This is a little confusing. There are bathrooms INSIDE the Blue Bayou. I know! I have gone there many many times. Or I have made many many icky mistakes.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by General You
    Do you get a discount if you dress like a pirate?
    No, but they do have free paper pirate hats and a childs activity book.

• =)

Ahhh, the Blue Bayou...that very well may be my favorite restaurant in the world. Not so much because of the food, but because of the environs. The food's great, too.

Not many people realize that part of Pirates of the Caribbean actually runs underneath the Blue Bayou. Most of the skeleton scenes are located directly below the Blue Bayou area.

Never look up for too long in the Blue Bayou. You'll end up with your eyes semi-adjusted to the dark, causing you to notice details in the sky that make it seem rather un-skylike. Plus, the stupider tourists on PotC often take photos with the flash on in there. That'll really ruin the whole "outside" illusion. Just allow the sky to be a vast darkness overhead that you don't directly look at too much.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Any other questions, folks?
    Why's it always so dark in there? Is it ever daytime at the Blue Bayou?

What happened to the shooting star?

Can you tell that boatload of people to be quiet and stop taking my picture?

How much is the Monte Crisco sandwich?

I want a table inside of the house over there.

Waitress, are you animatronic, too?

Can I have a seat next to the water?

(Of course, I'm kidding.)

• CM for 4 years!

Ugh. One of the hsots calls it a Monte Crisco.

And the light bulb is dead in the shooting star. I mean, uhhh
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Why's it always so dark in there? Is it ever daytime at the Blue Bayou?

What happened to the shooting star?

Can you tell that boatload of people to be quiet and stop taking my picture?

How much is the Monte Crisco sandwich?

I want a table inside of the house over there.

Waitress, are you animatronic, too?

(Of course, I'm kidding.)

OMG~!!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

The kids meals are yummy! Plus you get jello with them!

• Senior Minion

My wife would like to know if she can get the salad without the sweet crunchy cajun pecans in them next time.

(My wife can't tolerate spicy foods. When we went there last, she tasted one in her salad, and it was sort of sweet--so on her next bite, she had about four of them. Her head nearly exploded! )
    Last edited by Wotan; 10-04-2005 at 06:36 PM.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    There are bathrooms INSIDE the Blue Bayou. I know! I have gone there many many times. Or I have made many many icky mistakes.
    No kidding. I'm beginning to think I pee'd in a broom closet on my engagement day. I know I wasn't *that* overwhelmed.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast