Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Do you wish the Disneyland maps were more detailed?

I believe that main street specifically needs to get more attention in the park maps.

I notice that most of us associate certain segments of main street as the hub, town square, central plaza, etc. but the map completely discludes this labeling and simply blocks the entire strip as just "Main Street U.S.A."

Wouldn't it be nice for not-so-regular park visitors to be informed on the proper names given to the different areas of Main Street?

Also, many of the shops are just completely ignored and, serving as seemingly empty buildings as far as the map is concerned.

They could add detail to the maps to actually make them worth a look even for those of us who've been countless times and know the park like the back of our hands.

(was thinking about this after reading Kevin's column)

• in the Golden Afternoon

Re: Do you wish the Disneyland maps were more detailed?

Yeah I think that would be nice.
    But I can see that having so many different parts of Main Street could be very confusing for a tourist.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

To the OP...great idea!

What I'd like to see are land-specific collector's maps sold. What I mean by this is have maps of each specific land blown up and sold either with or without a frame. I truly love New Orleans Square and Adventureland. If there were a map of just each of these sections I'd buy it in a heartbeat and quite possibly get it framed!

<Joe>

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember going as a child in the 90s and the maps included stores, but now they include only attractions and restaurants. My only concern with this idea is clarity vs cluttered. There is a lot of stuff to fit on very small maps, and I know guests are more likely to ask where Pirates of the Caribbean is rather than where the Fortuosity shop is.

[QUOTE=Quacky4Donald;1055444231]
    What I'd like to see are land-specific collector's maps sold. What I mean by this is have maps of each specific land blown up and sold either with or without a frame. I truly love New Orleans Square and Adventureland. If there were a map of just each of these sections I'd buy it in a heartbeat and quite possibly get it framed!QUOTE]

I love this idea!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cutlass View Post
    My only concern with this idea is clarity vs cluttered.
    Agreed. I like them as is now.

Besides, having names on a map isn't going to help people know the proper names. People see the correct names on there now and still say "Haunted House", "Auto-topia", etc.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I would love to see the souvenir guidemaps from the 1980s return. They had a fold out map that was more detailed than the park maps today. There was also a lot of info in them with descriptions of each park attraction.

I started collecting park maps from 1986 up until 1995 when the started going to the less detailed fold-out style maps.

I love looking at the old maps. They are a reminder of how much better the park was back then... At least in my opinion.

• A Weather Eye Open

the free maps we have right now are fine, me thinks. not much more could fit on those wee pieces of paper.

i'd be down for ultra detailed collector's maps, a casually bigger and more detailed guidebook for purchase, etc! i'd love to see prints of 50s and 60s maps available or at least on display as well.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Comets? Comets!

My favorite part of the map is the "forest" behind Space Mountain.

• Im a stage Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by SolCross View Post
    lol mine too
    This is my Leko their are many like it but this one is mine. With out my Leko i am job less, with out me my Leko is not working

• Californian Fox-Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by SolCross View Post
    LOL, Same here. I understand the need to hide backstage, but I think they could have done something better than a nonexistent forest.
    Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
    I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

• Mickey's pal

Do you wish the Disneyland maps were more detailed?
    Not particularly. I don't really use the maps.
    "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice for not-so-regular park visitors to be informed on the proper names given to the different areas of Main Street?
    In theory, yes. Most visitors dont care though. The only people that care about things like that are people who go a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    What I'd like to see are land-specific collector's maps sold. What I mean by this is have maps of each specific land blown up and sold either with or without a frame. I truly love New Orleans Square and Adventureland. If there were a map of just each of these sections I'd buy it in a heartbeat and quite possibly get it framed!

<Joe>
    I would totally buy those, frame them and hang them in my home.

I would like to see maps throughout the years, by land and date, that you could purchase and frame.
    I have spent 80 days of my life at Disneyland.

• Comets? Comets!

Quote Originally Posted by simmer View Post
    LOL, Same here. I understand the need to hide backstage, but I think they could have done something better than a nonexistent forest.
    It's a magic space forest, I'm sure.

• "I Break Things"

I would enjoy themed collector maps that are specifically to be collected (including artwork etc. Similar to the Jungle Maps).

However as far as a regular park map I feel less is more! Tourists want to know where attractions are, where there's a place to eat, Bathroom and Lost & Found... anything more is just confusing! They don't even want show times on the map... just put show times on a little piece of paper of it's own, clearly labeled Show & Parade Times or something like that. There are multiple reasons why they have the current map design but honestly I like it. The old "fold-out" maps were a lot bigger and consequently got in the way. People at that point would rather ask a CM then confront the Disneyland Thomas Guide o'Folding! I laugh when people screw up folding the current maps... those are "single sheet" a lot easier then the old ones that went up and out and back and... yeah those ones... designed by a professional fluent in the paper folding art of Origami!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast