Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• soul reflector.

Indiana Jones closed Wed July 15th

Hey all.. We were at DL on Wed the 15th from opening until about 5pm.. Indiana Jones appeared to be closed the entire time we were there. We kept checking back but CM's were standing in front of the ride turning people away every time we checked back.

I was just wondering if anyone is aware of why it was closed? As usual, extremely minimal information was given to us by the CM's standing guard at the ride. They simply said it was closed and "maybe it will reopen a little bit later, but we don't know when."

Thanks!

• Shifting cargo

Re: Indiana Jones closed Wed July 15th

Indy is always having technical difficulties and breaking down. It frequently does and it's usually for the same reason, technical difficulties or something of the sort.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I swear this ride needs to get a complete overhaul. It seems to break down more and more. (Although, I really wish I could be on the ride during an evac. Especially near the snake or the rolling boulder!)

<Joe>

I really wish Indy would get a full overhaul in the same manner as Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Small World. There are just so many things that need fixing that I would gladly go without it for a year or so if they could get it back to "like new" condition.

• We Go On.

Well, Disneyland Paris's Space Mountain went down after just nine years. Who says Indy can't go down for an overhaul? I think once TLM and WoC are up and running that would be a nice distraction.

• I read the news today...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cutlass View Post
    I really wish Indy would get a full overhaul in the same manner as Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Small World. There are just so many things that need fixing that I would gladly go without it for a year or so if they could get it back to "like new" condition.
    I think they just need to close it in September, as soon as the summer season closes. This way they can fix it a bit so it can make it through December, the whole holiday season. If you close it for the holiday season when a lot of people vacation there, they are going to be PO'ed. Then they can finish the work during the "slow season" of January through March or April. Disney knows when the slow times are, they need to fix things during those times.
    "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by rajbonham View Post
    I think they just need to close it in September, as soon as the summer season closes.
    But September is the busiest time of year at Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by rajbonham View Post
    I think they just need to close it in September, as soon as the summer season closes.
    Along with Pirates and Space Mountain? I think there'd be massive capacity problems.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe Lounge View Post
    Along with Pirates and Space Mountain? I think there'd be massive capacity problems.
    Agreed, I have a feeling that major DLP refurbs will start happening after or right before the DCA transformation is complete.

• soul reflector.

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    Agreed, I have a feeling that major DLP refurbs will start happening after or right before the DCA transformation is complete.
    so you're talking 2012?

• Comets? Comets!

When I went on a walk-through of Indy, the CM told us about the huge dry ice machine that they installed so that when you enter the main room, the dry ice would fall to give the illusion that rocks are falling from the ceiling. But the problem is, it never really worked, so they pretty much just had to leave it there since it was too costly to do anything with.

So yeah, I think there definitely are a lot of things that need attention inside the attraction. It would be cool if they could get that effect going.

• Mickey's pal

Broken Indy...why does it have to be broken Indy?

(Yes, I love the movies and yes that is reference to the famous "snakes" line. )
    "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• A Weather Eye Open

Poor thing's been clearly overdue for a full refurb for years. They don't need to even change a thing, just take it all apart, give it a good scrubbing, replace lots of parts, and get all that's broken fixed again. And replace those dang lights that are always burning out with some new LED bulbs. I'd be happy to see it down even for a month, if not several. It's been operating nearly non-stop since it opened, yes?

We've been told on this board by several CMs, etc, that it's quite usual for it to break down shortly 3 or even 4 times a day. It's possible that it was operating throughout the day, but every time you checked, it had broken down again! That's happened to me a few times.

Poor Indy just needs a little love, and it seems like TDA just doesn't want to give it to him! I know it's one of the most popular rides in the whole resort, and loads of people will get boiling mad if it goes down for so long during their vacation, but they really will get over it! There's no time like the present, and the ride probably can probably afford only so much more wear and tear on it before things get more serious.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• soul reflector.

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    We've been told on this board by several CMs, etc, that it's quite usual for it to break down shortly 3 or even 4 times a day. It's possible that it was operating throughout the day, but every time you checked, it had broken down again! That's happened to me a few times.
    ahhh, ok.. this makes sense. actually one of the poor side effects of people getting turned away at the front is that it sort of created a crowd of people pondering what was wrong with the ride, right in an area where it was pretty crowded to begin with..

crowd control might be even MORE motivation to get it working more consistently!

thanks for the info.

• Banned User

It's too bad they aren't willing to pony up the money to give Indy a top-to-bottom refurb... I don't think it has had an actual major refurb in quite a while, and it shows. Hopefully this doesn't end up as a "Big Thunder" situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast