Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What California Themes are Missing from DCA?

I've always thought, in regards to space around Redwood Challenge Trail for expansion, that Disney could do something quite simple. Right now two trails lead through the Grizzly area. One is the scenic route which takes guests on the bridges and up against the mountain and through the smokers area. The other is a direct route that we all know. If Disney were to have the plot of land Redwood occupies combined with the main walkway after the GRR gift shop, they would have enough for a well-planned D-E ticket. It might also make the wilderness area seem more expansive as you have to wander through it over rivers and against cliffs.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

Talking Re: What California Themes are Missing from DCA?

i was a little disappointed with the colors on the new fun wheel..i dont really thing Victorian theme when i see it..its probally to match the WOC show but still. its to early to judge but i hope the new Pier while better fit its theme. For hollywoodland how a rollercoaster where you are in a model T roadster and the people behind you are the police...NOW you are a rumrunner and are trying avoid capture by the police. And on this rollercoaster track inside your ford you have a tommygun (that shoots lasers of course) and have to shoot various targets along the track to improve your speed.. the car behind you "police" tries to do the same and who ever at the end of the ride has the most targets shot either escapes with their moonshine and gets a little prize or if your the police and you capture the moonshine, you get a little prize. like the license at the begging of autopia.
    Sounds like a real disneyride dosnt it? hahah
    Last edited by MostExalted; 07-18-2009 at 10:30 AM.

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

on a serious note i think a old jazz club in hollywoodland would fit in nicely

• Iron-Clad Allie

I prefer the themeless themepark theme such as DCA currently has.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

It missing rainbrows in SF.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    - Something based on the myths and legends that surround California. The state was named after a Spanish novel that involved "amazon" women and their man-eating gryphons living in cities of gold.
    Yes! I've heard about this book but for the life of me can't remember the name.

• Gateway Fantasmic!

They need to show more beaches and some Hollywood.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

• Senior Minion

What California themes are missing from Disney's California Adventure?

For starters, just about everything in J.S. Holliday's The World Rushed In; Kevin Starr's Americans and the California Dream; and Carey McWilliams' Southern California: An Island on the Land.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

I really like the idea of turning Soarin' into a mine style coaster, they could even take the MM track over there and turn it into a runaway mine ride indoors with AAs and falling boulders and TNT explossions. They could then expand the GRR area to cover were Soarin' was.

Then get rid of the challenge, kids (and especially adults) dont wanna excercise on vacation ! And built a new building to house the stage for Country bear jamboree!

As for Soarin' either place it in the new Carsland area or make a whole new area for aviation you could have Soarin' anchor the land with a C or D ticket around the area. I really think thats what its missing is a big aviation land that incorporates old planes the history of planes and you could really have a post-war feel with CMs dressed to that era, and you could have like a welcome home signs posted up and ballons and a mini parade for the troops coming through. Something to symbolize the importance of aviation and especially the timeline.

For Hollywood land its fine, this and that could be done but i mean every theme area is going to be like that, it has its staple E-ticket and other attractions to keep you busy, but a Steamboat Wille Ride would be tops.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Banned User

I think that there is a big open opportunity to revamp Hollywoodland when the re-theming of the main entrance and hub of DCA is re-themed. If you were to get rid of Muppets, the former WWTBAM soundstage, and Monsters you would be able to install a pretty sizeable attraction there that could accomodate a supporting theme to the main Hollywoodland strip. What I would like to see is a ride based on the Sunset Strip as the main drag in Hollywoodland could be Hollywood Blvd and the path to tower of terror could be Vine St. What I would do is install an updated version of rockin rollercoaster with a sunset strip theme as the emphasis.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123