Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Animatronic

Re: Piece of Golden Dreams in TLM

The entrance structure is remaining, that's enough. That was also the best part of Golden Dreams. Don't get me wrong, American Journeys is my favorite and most repeated attraction in Epcot. It's the same concept as Golden Dreams, only done right. Golden Dreams was a bit too low budget, and a bit too lame. Disney needs to think more about the attraction and less about the "synergy" of promoting current Disney "celebs."

That said, I'm looking forward to it's replacement. The Little Mermaid hosted by The Cheeta Girls. Finally a timeless attraction in the best Disney style.
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    IJA has an Eeyore sign from the old parking lot by the projector. I think remembering old rides is a nice touch. I even like the shout out to Superstar Limo in Monster's Inc.
    There's a SL tribute in Monsters? Where?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by ryno1986 View Post
    I don't understand the hatred for Golden Dreams. It gave the park a heart and explained why California is an important place. Theme parks don't just have to be about mindless fun. There can be learning and moving experiences as well (spoken by a true EPCOT Center fan).
    It attempted to but the show
    left a lot to be desired.

Disney had a substantial history
    of delivering high caliber shows.
    Golden Dreams could have been
    yet another great opportunity
    to be one.

But it was not.

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

yeah i dont think a tribute is needed

• Koubu Pilot

The dome being left from the attraction should be good enough, right? If they really want to leave something behind, it seems like the Califia statues being part of Ariel's grotto or sunken ruins (if they decide to take the attraction through ruins) is probably the only one that would work.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    The entrance structure is remaining, that's enough. That was also the best part of Golden Dreams. Don't get me wrong, American Journeys is my favorite and most repeated attraction in Epcot. It's the same concept as Golden Dreams, only done right. Golden Dreams was a bit too low budget, and a bit too lame. Disney needs to think more about the attraction and less about the "synergy" of promoting current Disney "celebs."

That said, I'm looking forward to it's replacement. The Little Mermaid hosted by The Cheeta Girls. Finally a timeless attraction in the best Disney style.
    As for those featured in Golden Scheems, your term "Disney celebs" is accurate. Kudos!
    It has been pointed out by others that the show was a low budgeted cheesy production.

Plus, non-intellectuals were bored stiff. The intellectual crowd was marginalized due to the politically correct account of California history ... and the fact that most of the people featured were those that left-wingers loved and right-wingers detested. That's what you get when an idiot like Paul Pressler assumes the thrown of Walt in Anaheim. Word got around, and most guests avoided that piece of crap like the plague.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-18-2009 at 11:17 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• HauntedOne999

I don't understand the hatred for Golden Dreams. It gave the park a heart and explained why California is an important place. Theme parks don't just have to be about mindless fun. There can be learning and moving experiences as well (spoken by a true EPCOT Center fan).
    I agree... most of my favorite attractions were learning based... YAY original EPCOT!
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    There's a SL tribute in Monsters? Where?
    lots of stuff... many of the set pieces and even the figures were carried over, not to mention they use the same cars.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    I agree... most of my favorite attractions were learning based... YAY original EPCOT!
    EPCOT is the "learning-based" king among theme parks. I love everything about it.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Theme parks don't just have to be about mindless fun. There can be learning and moving experiences as well (spoken by a true EPCOT Center fan).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The intellectual crowd was marginalized due to the politically correct account of California history ... That's what you get when an idiot like Paul Pressler assumes the thrown of Walt in Anaheim. Word got around, and most guests avoided that pice of crap like the plague.
    ryno, I couldn't agree with you more about the possibilities of learning and "moving" experiences within a theme park. I can only hope that the experiences at EPCOT are a whole lot better than what I remember with the Whoopi-cushion we had here.

It was poorly done and politically correct. This isn't the debate lounge, so I really don't think it's appropriate to open that can of worms here.

Suffice to say, this is one attraction that doesn't even deserve a spot in Yesterland. How about Presslerland.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    EPCOT is the "learning-based" king among theme parks. I love everything about it.
    its just too bad that DCA can't/won't create a new Golden Dreams and do it like the American Adventure. They could so easily copy the Roosevelt/Muir scene, Rosie the Riveter scene, and even the Great Depression scene... heck even the Will Rogers scene with the lasso.

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    ryno, I couldn't agree with you more about the possibilities of learning and "moving" experiences within a theme park. I can only hope that the experiences at EPCOT are a whole lot better than what I remember with the Whoopi-cushion we had here.

It was poorly done and politically correct. This isn't the debate lounge, so I really don't think it's appropriate to open that can of worms here.

Suffice to say, this is one attraction that doesn't even deserve a spot in Yesterland. How about Presslerland.
    I just dont understand why so many people hated the attraction?!?! I really liked it... I made it a point to see it everty time i went to DCA. And if it were to come available on DVD I'd buy it.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post

It's the truth and needed to be said. If somebody disagrees, I will not argue ...as I did not make the statement for purpose of debate.

Whoopi-cushion! Presslerland! I love it!

• Iron-Clad Allie

its just too bad that DCA can't/won't create a new Golden Dreams and do it like the American Adventure. They could so easily copy the Roosevelt/Muir scene, Rosie the Riveter scene, and even the Great Depression scene... heck even the Will Rogers scene with the lasso.
    Each of your ideas would have served to make it a far more interesting and enjoyable attraction.

I just dont understand why so many people hated the attraction?!?! I really liked it... I made it a point to see it everty time i went to DCA. And if it were to come available on DVD I'd buy it.
    Your ideas are far superior to Whooper Scooper approach. The attraction failed because they didn't fire Pressler and hire you in his place, Alpoe.

• Animatronic

I think you pegged it! Would you buy the movie components of American Journeys? Of course not. You'd only get a fraction of the experience. Even if they filmed the ride, you'd only get a fraction of the experience. With the panning and zooming, the immersive experience would be gone.

If you buy a DVD of Golden Dreams, you get the entire experience. Heck, if they sold a blu-ray, a typical home theater could easily exceed the experience with more comfortable seating. In my theater I'd probably fake a D-Box motion base track and substantially exceed the experience of the attraction. That's the problem with movie based attractions. They're only *almost* as good as staying home.
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast