Question Annual Pass Question/Blockout day ticket confusion

Purchased two SoCal Annnual Passes recently and put them on monthly payment plans (the $174 ones with lots of blackout dates but not as restricted as the Select) but due to many recent obligations my husband and I haven't had time to use them. I went to Disneyland with my husband to upgrade two twofer tickets to the passes a couple months ago, and we didn't actually go in the park to the AP Dept to get our photos taken, etc because we were just swinging by to upgrade before the twofers expired...basically we upgraded and left. My b-day is coming up on a block out date, so I was thinking of going to get my freebie into the park, and pay the $40 for my husband...BUT, since we actually never entered the park/passed the turnstiles the day we purchased them, does that mean we get in the park for free?? (aside from it being my B-day)---does it mean that we don't have to purchase a blockout day ticket? Or is it that the "loophole" for blockout days when you purchase an AP only counts for the date of purchase?----or does it count towards the first day of actual use?.......Hope that was not too confusing! Any help would be much appreciated since my husband and I are both students on a tight budget, and saving even $40 would be wonderful!!

• Space Mountain Junky

Re: Annual Pass Question/Blockout day ticket confusion

Unfortunately, after the day of conversion to an AP, you are now restricted to the blackout days. Sorry.

A strictly monetary thought:

If you also purchase a $40 discounted admission for yourself, you can get in and then trade your bday ticket for $69 of Disney Cash.....

It'll be like getting 42% off everything you buy in the park up to $69...... =)

• Banned User

You have very few options.

$40 block out ticket and go in the park to get the $69 gift card.

Buy a 3 day summer pass for $99 and use twice more in the allotted time to enter the park. You can then get the $69 gift card and use the $99 admission toward an upgrade and have 3 days in both parks.

I found out the hard way about paying on installment plan and will have to upgrade a friend for a lot of money if he ever gets around to going to the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    You have very few options.

$40 block out ticket and go in the park to get the $69 gift card.
    I have a blocked out AP for my Birthday so I plan to do exactly that with the blockout ticket and $69 gift card. But I am curious if I can apply the gift card towards my wifes blockout ticket? Or is the gift card limited to merchandise or whatever.

I'm sure the answer is already out here somewhere but I've been searching and failed so maybe I can get help.

UPDATE: Well I found the easiest answer. Call them. And yes, the $69 gift card works at the ticket booth.

It is going to be a bit of a pain, but that's the price of being cheap.
    1) Wait in ticket queue to buy $40 blockout ticket
    2) Wait in main street queue to get $69 gift card
    3) Leave park and find wife (probably texting somewhere in the shade)
    4) Wait in ticket queue to buy her $40 blockout ticket with gift card
    5) PROFIT!!! (well, not really. But I'll find good use for the $29 GC balance)
    Last edited by Anonymouse; 07-20-2009 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Got an answer