Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Big Thunder Trail and Mountain closed 7/17, late night- Why?

All I know was that when I was working that day and we were closing, the lead said that there was a situation in DCA, and 30 mins later they said the situation was fixed. I also did see that the trail was closed later that night.

• Mickey's pal

Is BTMRR still closed...?
    "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Unless there was an incident today, no. It was up and running fine on Saturday.

EDIT: And clarification on Dumberbell- I was talking to Nico (Kritter) on Saturday, and in talking about the fireworks, called Dumbo "Dumberbell", because I was thinking Dumbo and Tinkerbell at the same time (mainly, that they haven't flown recently, due to high winds, apparently). It just came out, and we were like whattheheck??

It was awesome.
    Last edited by dland_lover; 07-19-2009 at 07:59 PM.

• hi!

That's strange, i was IN THE LINE when they closed it down at around 2pm.

I was standing in the (oh so very HOTTT) line, about to enter the boarding area, when the all too familiar voice on the speaker said "blah blah blah, please turn around and reverse the direction of the line"

From what I could see, the last train had just gotten stuck before it was to re-enter the boarding area after it's already gone through the ride. a CM was on the track standing next to the train telling all the guests not to worry and they'd have them out in just a little bit.

Not sure how long it took since i did leave and headed to Indiana Jones.. but it would have been quite discomforting if they had to sit, stuck in the train in the blaring sun..

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

we were in the area right after fireworks on the 17th and it was definitely being blocked off. Though it seemed to have just been blocked off then since people were still coming from the Fantasyland side of the trail, but after a ride on Big Thunder it was roped off with no one coming through.

We did see what looked like a priest in full robes heading to that section of the trail at the time, so we were hoping that everyone was ok over there.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Great Googily Moogily!

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    we were in the area right after fireworks on the 17th and it was definitely being blocked off. Though it seemed to have just been blocked off then since people were still coming from the Fantasyland side of the trail, but after a ride on Big Thunder it was roped off with no one coming through.

We did see what looked like a priest in full robes heading to that section of the trail at the time, so we were hoping that everyone was ok over there.
    If there was a priest heading over there, could it have been a wedding in the old festival of fools theater?
    Have you PLay'ed today?

• Mickey's pal

Exorcism, anyone?

Dun dun dun!
    "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by bubble_POP View Post
    If there was a priest heading over there, could it have been a wedding in the old festival of fools theater?
    We didn't think of that as a possibility. We were more worried about a last rights type of situation.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    Flying Dumbo in Magical. Can anyone confirm that this was to film him? It doesn't seem the BEST vantage point... I've always thought the Matterhorn side of the castle was a better view of the wire..
    Well... Kritter is one who would know these things...
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

What you saw was Tinkerbell. They wrap her in a dark cloak and she runs from the stage gate between the Fantasyland bathrooms and Big Thunder to back stage after the fireworks are over.

You'll sometimes see Tinkerbell fans there clapping for her as she makes her mad dash.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    What you saw was Tinkerbell. They wrap her in a dark cloak and she runs from the stage gate between the Fantasyland bathrooms and Big Thunder to back stage after the fireworks are over.

You'll sometimes see Tinkerbell fans there clapping for her as she makes her mad dash.
    i wonder why so secretive... i've heard rumors that some tink's are MEN because they are more easily seen from a distance for the 'in-the-sky' segments..
    -plagued

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    i've heard rumors that some tink's are MEN because they are more easily seen from a distance for the 'in-the-sky' segments..
    Ehhh... look, this is embarrassing to confess, but the truth is a lot of us guys believe we're more easily seen from a distance, especially when we're soaring around up there in the night sky. The radiance of our personalities, and all that.

Not that I subscribe to that theory, mind you! Just sayin'.

And the fact that as I type this I'm wearing shades so my reflection in the computer monitor doesn't blind me has nothing to do with it.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Oh, and by "late night", I mean 11:45pm.

• Anaheim Born & Raised

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Friday night, I was walking to Big Thunder with Hilsbro, through Fantasyland, and the gates between FL/well... FL, were closed, with 3 CMs there explaining we'd need to go around through the Hub to get to Frontierland. Once there, we saw that Big Thunder was, in fact, closed. Too, they had that side of Big Thunder Trail closed off, with a rope, and several CMs. What is worrying, though, is further back on the trail, near the smoking area, there was a large black curtain strung across the whole width of the trail.

Anyone know what happened?
    The trail was closed due to a power outage.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post

hmm, that would make sense, though we saw the cloaked figure going from the riverfront area near the Big Thunder entrance back towards Big Thunder Ranch around 10:15 or so.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast