Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Anyone else hate Autopia?!

I think it is outdated and with the new racers in cars land it is probably one of the next attractions to leave Disneyland. What would you guys like to see in its place? I rode just for kicks several days ago and I don't know why people wait in 45 minute lines to get on it the cars are hard to maneuver and it has pretty much no good scenery and a cause of pollution. I personally would like to see something more thrilling take its place.. maybe some flying cars working over a magnetic line or something of the sort. Something more tomorrowish :P But Definitely something I can actually fit in and have a desire to get on again.

EDIT: I don't hate Autopia just dislike...

Re: Anyone else hate Autopia?!

My kids love it, but FP is a must for us if they want to ride it. I agree that it no longer seems to fit into the "Tomorrow" theme (as most of TL attractions these days).

re: Flying Cars - I was thinking the same thing with some sort of hovercraft vehicles or the like.

• Dream in wonderful color!

never liked it as a kid and I don't like it now. Plus it takes up way too much space.. they could easily fit a brand new land in its space!

• Not a Minion

The contract with cheveron is about to end, so hopefully we'll see some change soon. HOWEVER, when I say change, I don't mean the removal of the ride and adding of something new, but an upgraded version of the attraction.

What I would like are "greener" vehicles, maybe of some sort of hybrid or pure electric design (perhaps their partnership with Honda can help with this).

I would also like to see the track get rid of the stupid guide in the middle...

They could also cut down the space as said by nonob88, BUT you won't fit a brand new land in it's space. It's not that big of a space. They could fit another type of attraction. One that I could think of is bringing back the hovercrafts they had in opening day. Sure, they're bringing it to DCA's car's land, but they've got two carousels in the resort, so Im sure having a second hovercraft attraction won't be too hurtful.

Or perhaps, a small restaurant in that area themed to autopia...

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

People wait 45 minutes to ride.....so it must be the next to go????

To the chagrin of many, this is a VERY popular attraction......could it use an upgrade?

Of course......but the basic premise, getting to drive your own attraction, must remain. My son and nephews always listed the Autopia as one of their favorite attractions; from age 3 all the way up to age 11.

How about we get that Peoplemover moving again, put a D or E level attraction back in the old Carousel Building, and maybe even get someting moving in the Motor Boat lagoon before we suggest yanking out an old favorite like Autopia?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm not a big fan of it at all. My kids don't like it either. Fumes, can't bump, they are slow and they are not very comfortable for big guys.

I wouldn't call for the removal of the ride but if they decided to use the space for a cool new E-Ticket ride I'd be 100% behind the decision.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    How about we get that Peoplemover moving again, put a D or E level attraction back in the old Carousel Building, and maybe even get someting moving in the Motor Boat lagoon before we suggest yanking out an old favorite like Autopia?
    Amen!

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

I am pretty sure the racers in the upcoming cars land will be 20x better than autopia which is why I think it will probably go because the racers there will probably take autopia's audience...If DL chooses to keep autopia after the really well themed racers in cars land... then they should at least retheme the ride and allow guests a more exciting experience such as driving over water, over a glass floor, through a tunnel and so on along with updating the cars and removing the track to allow guests a little more freedom I am sure installing more safety features on the cars along with the no bumping rule will provide sufficient safety for drivers.

• Addicted to MC since '08

I say update it, and demo Innoventions and build a new ride there.

As stinky and boring, and unfuturistic it may be, it still has a place in my heart... somewhere... way far down.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I like Autopia. They're getting new cars soon (hybrid's from what I've heard) so that will definitely help with the stinky parts of the ride.

• Disneyland Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfito View Post
    I am pretty sure the racers in the upcoming cars land will be 20x better than autopia which is why I think it will probably go because the racers there will probably take autopia's audience...If DL chooses to keep autopia after the really well themed racers in cars land... then they should at least retheme the ride and allow guests a more exciting experience such as driving over water, over a glass floor, through a tunnel and so on along with updating the cars and removing the track to allow guests a little more freedom I am sure installing more safety features on the cars along with the no bumping rule will provide sufficient safety for drivers.
    I feel that Autopia's audience is mostly children looking to drive a car for the first time. The Racers appear to be a fast thrill ride. I think they have totally different audiences and are only comparable as far as both vehicles being cars.

• Minion

I think it needs to be updated, but since it is an opening day attraction I would hate to see it removed.

BTW, it is 1000 times better than WDW's version: the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway.

• Californian Fox-Wolf

I really don't mind Autopia. Just upgrade it to something more futuristic and I'll be happy. What I do hate, though, is Autotopia.
    Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
    I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Nope. I've actually grown quite fond of it over the past few months.

• sleepy lagoon

Quote Originally Posted by Gregmh48 View Post
    I feel that Autopia's audience is mostly children looking to drive a car for the first time.
    Oh, yeah, my kids love the Autopia, but I hate waiting in that line. It is awful. But who among us didn't love that ride when we were kids? It is too much fun to drive a car when you don't have a license yet...

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast