Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: Assorted videos, "small world", Celebrate!, Blue Sky Cellar +more! (Photo Heavy)

Day One- Part IIb

Here's a few more from ToonTown, in no particular order. Just couldn't resist adding them!

Last edited by dland_lover; 07-27-2009 at 09:48 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: Assorted videos, "small world", Celebrate!, Blue Sky Cellar +more! (Photo Heavy)

Day One- Part III

Ok, I have a little time, before I have to go to the dentist, to get a little more in here...

I was able to get back to the Main Entry Plaza shortly after 3p, and found the booth to register for the D23 event that night. They had no signs up saying this line and booth were for D23 members, we all just kind of assumed. I was, maybe... 12(?) people back. Those around me were all slightly confused, but someone asked "Is this for D23?" We all kinda said "Not sure. We hope so, though!"

A quick txt later, Troy came out of the park and met me. We finished with that, and got our event packet, which consisted of: 2 complimentary tickets to DL, 2 "Donald" fastpasses (good for 1 time, any time, use on Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain or (I think) Indiana Jones Adventure), schedule for the night, a general "welcome to the event" letter, a couple "I'm Celebrating!" buttons, and, cutest of all- a park map.

Anyways, it was about time for Celebrate! A Street Party to start, so we went hunting for Troy's group. Went up to it's a small world- not there. Walked back towards Main Street- not in the Hub. Finally, when we reached the Kodak Photo store, Troy spotted them. Apparently, we had passed them already, and not known it!

So, here are some of my pics from that (which was also my first time watching it):

(BTW, we were just ahead of the first float, in the Hub performance, so we got to see it 1.5 times! These first couple are from that, and then into the main street show stop!)

(Can I just say how awkward it was seeing Winnie the Pooh dancing like this? It doesn't suit him. King Louie? Heck yeah- that'd be perfect. But Pooh? Not so much.)

A little blurry, but really funny. I think so, anyways.

Lizzi and Steven do the twist!

Ooh! Swishy!!

CONGA!!! WHOO-HOO!

Okay... my thoughts. Umm, it's okay, I guess. There were some really fun songs in the mix, but overall- I don't need to see it again. Epecially since I caught glimpses of it several more times the next day (different show stop, different show time, whatever- you name it). I think I "saw" it about 5 times, 4 in passing. Yeah... I've had my fill. Sorry Brooke, Lizzi and Troy! *ducks for cover*

Okay, I have to get ready now, but I hope you're enjoying this as much as I had being there!
    To be continued... *dun dun dun*
    Last edited by dland_lover; 07-27-2009 at 09:48 PM.

• Decor Extraordinare

I have to agree with you on the new parade - it's cool the first time, but that's about it. The other factor of the parade that strikes me odd is the "bubbly" Design of Pluto, Donald, etc. on the floats, but the actual characters are parading the streets around them. It creates odd contrast and is...well just odd

Major laughage to Pooh dancing! How unfortunate I didn't get to see him partying last I was there :[

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Day One- Part IV

Okee dokee, let's keep this thing rolling, shall we?

After watching Celebrate! we all decided to fill up on water, and take a restroom break. From there, we ventured over to New Orleans Square for dinner- namely the French Market. I got the Jambalaya, fruit plate and a Mint Julep (super-yum!), and while we were eating, the Royal Street Bachelors got up on stage and started to play some nice bluesy-jazz music. A couple songs in to the set, Queenie walked up and joined the fun. She really is great to watch and listen to- great performer.

Troy reminded me of the time. It was time for us to meet up by small world for the D23 event. Once there, we bumped into a few familiar MiceChat faces, and mingled for a little while. Then, the moment came- we were going to go backstage!!
    But first we were warned to turn off all cell phones and put all of our cameras away into their bags, or have their lens caps on. They opened up the gates, and off we went! They took us up to the turn-off for the Monorail and Train spur that goes to the Roundhouse. We hugged up against the small world show building, and then hooked left behind it. They have all of the small world holiday stuff in a warehouse behind small world itself, and we also saw some vehicle storage areas/maintenance bays. We were led up to an unassuming place (in the HOT sun, mind you), and were introduced to the head of the DL Pyro team (I think that's who he was, anyways). He pointed out the main launch site for the fireworks, which was only 100 feet away, at most. He continued on to explain some of the technical info (pre-approved, of course) of the shows, and confirmed that we are getting Hallowishes from WDW, but while we'll be using the same music, ours will be hosted by Jack Skellington, and will use completely different pyro shells and effects than Magic Kingdom. It was also confirmed that "Remember" will be returning this Spring, followed by the return of "Magical" in the Summer, and then Hallowishes and "Believe... in Holiday Magic" for Christmas still. FOUR shows per year! Truly EPIC!!

Some questions were asked, one dodged completely, and then we were off to TDA (Team Disney Anaheim) for the main event! We queued up outside the building, where they handed us goodie bags full of sugar and a program for the evening, and some other stuff (did I mention they gave us SUGAR?!?!?!!). We were led inside to the intimate Lion King Theater (IDK if that's what it actually is called, but that's what Troy (normally a CM) let me know. They had a really cool design in the ceiling that pretty much solidified that.

The panel discussion began with Dave Smith, Tony Baxter and Ed Hobleman, led by Tim O'day. Some awesome stories were shared, and after a while, the wrapped that section up.

We then got into the film, which was amazing to see on something other than my TV at home. After the film, they had a second panel come up, which consisted of Jack Lindquist, Gerri... somebodyerother (one of the original Tour Guides) and Bob Gurr. More awesome stories were shared, and then we were allowed to take photos of all of the panel members up on stage. Boy did those cameras ever come out fast!

Here's a few of the shots I took (all without flash, BTW):

From left to right- Dave Smith, Jack Lindquist, Ed Hobleman, Tim O'day (in the back), Tour Guide Gerri, Tony Baxter, Bob Gurr, Mickey Mouse and Steven Clark (head of D23)

The aforementioned ceiling details. See the nose and mouth?

From there, we were taken to the Plaza Pavillion, where they had roped off a rather large section for us, and provided free cupcakes, taffy, ice water (this went really fast!), coffee, fruit punch and somehting else that I didn't really see what it was. The cupcakes were really yummy, and the water was more-than-welcome! A short while later, Magical started, and although we had to find a hole through the trees to see them, the castle, Tinkerbell and Dumbo, it was an awesome spot to watch from. That, and the fact that we weren't part of the chaos just outside the ropes! Thank heavens!! After the fireworks, they announced the event was over (I think. Regardless, it was), and it seemed everyone in there decided to wait out the MASS of people trying to navigate Main Street, while we calmly waited, with plenty of room to spare. (Why, oh why can't this always be the case? )

After that was said and done, Troy and I headed for Tomorrowland to go on Space Mountain, but it was 101. So, we opted for Autopia, instead. Fun, as always! Space was still 101, so we went into Fantasyland to go on Snow White (he hadn't been on it since it reopened) and then Pinocchio (I think). We decided to use our freebie fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain, instead of Space Mountain. But, the path from Fantasyland to Frontierland was closed off. So, we went around through Carnation Plaza Gardens, and found out that BTMRR was 101. Big Thunder Trail was blocked off from the Frontierland side, too, and Troy noticed a black curtain that had been hung up across the whole walkway, back by the smoking section. We were concerned something bad might have happened, but kept on going, on to the Haunted Mansion. Such a great ride, as always! From there we dashed over to Space Mountain, with 10 minutes until park closing, and thankfully it was back up! We dashed into the line, and made it on, finally! Going through the ride, we were singing really loudly with the soundtrack! We had a blast! And the lady in front of us told us afterwards that she thought our singing was awesome!

That's Troy in the far back, left-hand side, and me to the right of him. And the aforementioned lady was right in front of me, in black.

We then moseyed on out of the park, as it was now closed. What a great day, and evening! We had a blast, and the D23 event couldn't have been cooler (except, maybe, if they had let us take pictures backstage, which would NOT be posted here, of course. I don't want to get in trouble, you know.)

We went our separate ways once we reached the Main Entry Plaza, then, and I crashed in my hotel room. Didn't get to sleep until 2a (by choice), but didn't care, as I had a 12:00 check out time, so I didn't have to get up early!

And thus concludes the first day! Next up, we'll venture over into DCA for some Blue Sky Cellar goodness, Paradise Pier construction Animation Building lobby (easy and fast access to AC!!) and some shots of the Astro Orbitor sporting it's new colors!

And a teeny-tiny preview of what's coming up:
    Last edited by dland_lover; 07-28-2009 at 06:07 AM.

• Following the Second Star

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Anyways, it was about time for Celebrate! A Street Party to start, so we went hunting for Troy's group. Went up to it's a small world- not there. Walked back towards Main Street- not in the Hub. Finally, when we reached the Kodak Photo store, Troy spotted them. Apparently, we had passed them already, and not known it!
    Troy's such an idiot. Almost every time we've watched it together we've been on Main Street. Why on earth would we be at Small World? Doofus. Why do we even allow him in the group?

....and of course I mean that with all the love in the world.

And I guess Celebrate just isn't for everyone. I love it lots.

(His name is Steven by the way)

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Kablary View Post
    I have to agree with you on the new parade - it's cool the first time, but that's about it. The other factor of the parade that strikes me odd is the "bubbly" Design of Pluto, Donald, etc. on the floats, but the actual characters are parading the streets around them. It creates odd contrast and is...well just odd

Major laughage to Pooh dancing! How unfortunate I didn't get to see him partying last I was there :[
    Yeah, and while I understand that the characters on top of those floats are supposed to be balloon versions of their regular counterparts, it was still really, really weird to see the balloon opening/blow up things on their butts.

I offer Exhibit A:

Yeahh...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    Troy's such an idiot. Almost every time we've watched it together we've been on Main Street. Why on earth would we be at Small World? Doofus. Why do we even allow him in the group?

....and of course I mean that with all the love in the world.

And I guess Celebrate just isn't for everyone. I love it lots.
    Aww... now he's a useless idiot prince? I'm sure he'll be thrilled.
    (His name is Steven by the way)
    (Thanks )

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Day Two- Part I

I started my day very lazily, due to a nice 12 noon checkout time.

My big goal for the day was to see the newly reopened Blue Sky Cellar. And see it I did! Wow!

Talking with the CM on hand, he said that the screens running the length of the show, in the background, will be 65' tall and 400' long! OMG
    There will be butterfly fountains during the Pocahontas scene, that will have flapping wings! And, as some of the pictures in the BSC explain, will have many AWESOME effects, like a flowing waterfall feeding into a river that will flow towards guests. I mean- COME ON!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!?!?!?!

And, they're using standard animation for the main characters in the animated segments, but paper models in stop-motion animation for the other characters! Like in Alice in Wonderland- the Cards, Cheshire Cat, White Rabbit's House, etc. are all made out of paper, and filmed using the same process that is used for clay-mation films, such as Wallace and Grommit.

BTW, I took most (if not all) of these pics without flash, to preserve the art pieces and the eyesight of everyone else in the room. Plus, I don't like washed-out photos.
    Which does mean, that not all of the photos will be perfectly clear. (I'm not using a DSLR )

The soon-coming replacement for the Pizza Oom-Mow-Mow/Burger Invasion/S.S. Rustworthy area. A grill-type restaurant and a pizza and pasta place. And an expanded dining area, too. Sounds great!

You can see the butterfly fountains in the foreground of this piece of concept art.

]
    Waterfall and river effect

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure building. I love it, except for the giant Ariel on top of the Palace of the Arts dome. :/

Actual models used for the show!

I'm really in love with this model, as you'll soon see...

Live entertainment!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2efatIp0YXw"]YouTube - Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar- July '09 film (HD)[/ame]
    This is the updated video (July '09 version) that's playing in the small theater room in the BSC.

OMG I'm so excited for this part of the show!!

Logo for the show

This guy looks so cute! I mean, come on- who else but Disney could make water look cute?

More Alice in Wonderland art...

Be prepared!

More model goodness

Yay! Trees!!

I want this pin!!

And with that, I'll finish this part of the report, and next time, we'll continue on with some different shots (mostly construction ) around Paradise Pier, and venture into the Animation Building lobby, to escape the heat.
    Last edited by dland_lover; 07-27-2009 at 10:55 PM.

Aww... now he's a useless idiot prince? I'm sure he'll be thrilled.
    He always has been. However, he knows I say it in the most lovingly way possible. He may be a useless idiot prince...but he's MY useless idiot prince.

...It's funny how couple-y our relationship seems sometimes....

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Wonderful 'Celebrate' pics! Thanks for sharing the TR!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

"Editor's" Note - FYI, everyone- the reason this is taking so long to finish, is life is constantly getting in my way. I'd like to have this finished by Thursday, but we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    He always has been. However, he knows I say it in the most lovingly way possible. He may be a useless idiot prince...but he's MY useless idiot prince.
    Aww... how sweet.

...It's funny how couple-y our relationship seems sometimes....
    Hmm... yes. Yes, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    Wonderful 'Celebrate' pics! Thanks for sharing the TR!
    Oh, you're welcome! There's still more to come, so stay tuned in the coming days.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice pictures!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMickey View Post
    Nice pictures!
    Thanks!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I'd like to start by apologizing for how long it's taken to get this thing finished. I'm really upset things haven't worked out for me to finish it, or progress on it. With that said, let's keep going!

Day Two- Part II

Let's see... where was I? Oh yeah- just finished the Blue Sky Cellar! From there I wanted to go and check out the progress on the demolition of the Golden Dreams Theater, and also general Paradise Pier goodness.

What's that I see over there? Oh my gosh- it's much further along than I had thought!!

Ooh!

Ahh!

Enjoying the fireworks?
    No- your chair's on my foot!

And I'm all kinds of excited for this demolition. Why? Because it means we're that much closer to:

And scaffolding is inside of the Orange!

A view of the carnage from the other side.

And this is an angle of Grizzly Peak that won't last forever!

^The construction wall for Silly Symphony Swings

Scaffolding!!

I Single Ridered Mulholland Madness , and then went over to Midway Mania! I hadn't been on it in a while.

On the way...

And I also took the opportunity to play the new Games of the Boardwalk. Cute, and fun (although I'm sure is more fun when you actually play with people you know)- what I was expecting. I did not do the Casey at the Bat or Goofy About Fishin', so I played a round on Dumbo Bucket Brigade and twice on Bullseye Stallion Stampede. I didn't win with Dumbo, but had better luck with Bullseye! I beat an eight year old girl!
    I'm saving my cheapy little pillow, until I have two more to trade up to the Bullseye "large"-size plush.

I wanted to scream some, so I hopped, skipped and jumped over to Screamin' and SRed it, too. SO MUCH FUN!!

And from here I bought an ice cream cone from Catch-a-Flave (butter pecan flavor- super yum!), and enjoyed it next to the Screamin' launch/Cove Bar. It was so super hot, and I was overheating, even with an ice cream cone, so I bolted over to the Animation Building once I was done with my ice cream. I plopped myself down against the wall, near the Animation Academy, and just rested.

And took pictures.

Ahh!!! It's scary Heimlich!!

Hi-deedle-dee-day: an actor's life is gay!

Uh oh... I think these three are up to no good!

Now who could this be...?

Emperor Kuzco, of course!

He's a tramp!

And now, shall you deal with me, o prince! And all the powers of HELL!!!!

You know- I'm really not supposed to talk to strangers, but we've met before!

It was from here that I developed a strong yearning to go on it's a small world (currently my fav. in DL), so I ventured on over there, being fully rested and cooled-off. On my way, I txted Dani (MonstersGoBoo!) to see if she was in the Parks and wanted to meet up. She was going to watch the Play Parade, so I made plans to meet she and her brother Shawn (Pac-Man) after I was done with small world.

We ended up right across from the Wine Country Trattoria, closer to the Pacific Wharf bridge than a bug's land. We were the only ones on that side, and got major attention from the performers! It was so fun!

Dani and Shawn were headed over to DL to watch Celebrate!, but seeing as how I'd had my fill, I passed. I still went to Disneyland, but with a different agenda- pictures of the recently-repainted Astro Orbitor, and to get video of the planets spinning (which looks awesome in person, btw).

And a slight warning- turn your volume down for this video. Celebrate! was going on still, when I took the video, and totally killed the sound. Which is why I'm looking for a great quality, low-cost digital recorder, to replace my videos' sound with something that actually sounds decent, if not great.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSuXvkFIqcI]YouTube - Astro Orbitor Spinning Planets[/ame]

I needed to head home, so I left the park before the madness escaped from Main Street, and hopped on a Tram back to M&F. I decided to take some backstage shots from the garage, since I never do.

And who did I spy, but none other than...

Tic-Toc Croc v1.0!!!!

And some... cherry pickers. yay

And with that- I'M FINISHED!!!

THE END

Thanks for bearing with me, and sticking it out to the end, those of you who have! I hope you enjoyed it, and as always- please feel free to use any of my photos for your own personal use as desktop images, or the sort. Please do no post them anywhere on the internet, without checking with me first. Thanks!

P.S. The link to my Flickr account is in my signature, below.

Tic-Toc Croc v1.0!!!!
    Haha that just reminds me of the time I was with SkeletonStockings and her boyfriend and we drove past that.

Me: LKDSFLAK;DFA;DSKF CROCODILE
    Lizzi: OMG TIC-TOC.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12