Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Assorted videos, "small world", Celebrate!, Blue Sky Cellar +more! (Photo Heavy)

Day One- Part I

Hey howdy hey! It's time for another photo report from yours truly!

I started the day off early, and right- a Venti Caramel Mocha Frappuccino, double blended! YUM!

And then I made my way up, arriving at the parking structure around 7:25a. I got to park in Pinocchio, but was waaaaaayyyyyy in the back of the lot. Phooey.

When I got up to the main entrance plaza, the lines were backed up to the Monorail pylons. Not too bad, but I know I can do better! (I've been first in line before- and I live an hour away!) Once in, I made my way to Fantasyland to get on the recently refurbished Peter Pan and Snow White. What I ended up with, was a whirlwind trip through Fantasyland, made possible by the lack of crowds! I got on, in the first hour, mind you: Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio, Casey Jr., Dumbo, Mr. Toad and finally Alice. I took video on each of the rides (except for Alice), which I will post, once they are uploaded.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxPcw6PC7Nk"]YouTube - Peter Pan's Flight (HD)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzxatdY6fuA]YouTube - Snow White's Scary Adventures (HD)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO6vAfUartQ"]YouTube - Pinocchio's Daring Adventure (HD)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_-KX293w64]YouTube - Casey Jr Railroad Caboose Backwards (HD)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UABxeX9ZC-8"]YouTube - Dumbo the Flying Elephant (HD)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4JbwZkl-3w"]YouTube - Mr Toad's Wild Ride (HD)[/ame]

I also took a few pictures in my meandering around:

From there, I bolted up to it's a small world, and due to my stopping mid-line to take a few pictures, got my own boat! And the CM working the Tower was awesome- she wished me an enjoyable private cruise 'round the world. She could have just done the standard spiel, but didn't. I like those kinds of little extras the CMs do.

Here are some of my photos from it's a small world!:

And with that, I shall end this first part! There are many photos left to go through, but here's a small sample of what's to come:

Last edited by dland_lover; 07-27-2009 at 09:45 PM.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Re: Assorted videos, "small world", Celebrate!, Blue Sky Cellar +more! (Photo Heavy)

LOVE the empty Fantasyland and Small World pictures!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: Assorted videos, "small world", Celebrate!, Blue Sky Cellar +more! (Photo Heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    LOVE the empty Fantasyland and Small World pictures!
    Thanks! That's the benefit of getting there super early!

• Addicted to MC since '08

Excellent photos!

If I may ask, from which point did you take this photo?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    Excellent photos!

If I may ask, from which point did you take this photo?
    Thank you!

I took that while waiting in line for Casey Jr.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Very nice, clear shots! Keep them coming!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Great selection of photos and videos! Love the videos the most!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Day One- Part II

I added another video (and will soon add yet another) to the first post, btw.

Moving on from it's a small world, I drifted over to the Enchanted Cottage to get a Bavarian Pretzel (super yum!). These are the best pretzels in the Resort- waaayyy better than those nasty Mickey cheese "pretzel" things.

(I was never a fan of the show the did here, but it's just a darned shame to see it just rot away, sitting there all neglected)

(with requisite Honey Mustard sauce, of course)

And then, I thought to go up into ToonTown and take some area shots and get a FastPass for Roger Rabbit. Unfortunately Roger was closed, so I started my photo hunt a little earlier than expected. It really is dead in the first part of the day. It seems like it never really gets busy in this end of the park until after lunch.

Hubba-hubba

Roger Rabbit was back up again, so, with a 10 minute wait, I just went in the Stand-by line. I had a blast careening my way through the streets of Toon Town!! This is one of my absolute favorite rides out of both parks!

Then I headed towards the Matterhorn, and decided to txt Dani (MonstersGoBoo!), and see where she was. She was over with her friend in Tomorrowland, waiting for him to finish up his pin trading. I met up with them, and we hung out for a little while, and then I split off from them, wanting to get a FastPass for Space Mountain, before they were gone.

This is me, approving of having fun with your friends at Disneyland (or, rather, wanting to be having fun... Dani, you know what I mean )

From there, I wanted to go on Haunted Mansion while my eyes were still adjusted to the daylight, and would not be able to see the inner workings of the Mansion, like I usually can at night.
    After making it out alive, narrowly escaping the clutches of 999 happy haunts, I realized it was getting even hotter. :/

Can you say Splash Mountain Single Rider???

And I didn't get that wet. :/ What the heck???

Still needing to be cooled off, I boarded a boat into the surprisingly air conditioned Caribbean.

After that (boy do I ever say that a lot ), it was past time for the meet!
    So, I pulled a White Rabbit, and dashed off to the Hub! There were surprisingly few people there. But, we still had fun!

It seems to me, that Walt is either, 1) blessing the new color scheme, or 2) reaching to rip it out of the ground and throw it far, far away...

Monsters... Go...

Boo!

I just LOVE the new color scheme on the AO!!!

From here, MGB, Sir Didymus and I decided upon Plaza Inn for lunch (okay, they decided, and I tagged along). I got the kid's pasta with marinara sauce, one of those cute little bottles of water (comes with the food, at no extra cost!) and a regular sized Diet Coke. We had THE MOST AWESOME CM at the cash register... OMG!!! (Dani, did you ever get to City Hall??)

After that, I had to leave to check in at my hotel, as I was going to the D23 Disneyland, U.S.A. event that night, and knew I didn't want to have to drive home late, and time it right to get back for registration with D23, and to meet up with Troy (Hilsbro) around 3. Oy!

And I'm going to end this here, for now. I'll continue to upload videos, and intersperse them to their correct locations in the TR. Until then-

Auf wiedersehen!
    Last edited by dland_lover; 07-27-2009 at 09:46 PM.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post

(I was never a fan of the show the did here, but it's just a darned shame to see it just rot away, sitting there all neglected)

(with requisite Honey Mustard sauce, of course)
    the Pretzel looks good.
    and the show area looks beautiful..wish they could turn into something ..like some seasonal or something to do with the classics

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

^Or an outdoor theater, again... What? Just sayin'.

And the pretzels are fabulous! If you're not allergic, everyone should get one! And they're HUGE!! *drools*

• The Prince

Thank you for sharing your trip report. I really like those pictures, very stunning and creative. Not only you were lucky to be around Fantasyland without the big crowds and that makes it easier to take great pictures. I like the videos by the way.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    This is me, approving of having fun with your friends at Disneyland (or, rather, wanting to be having fun... Dani, you know what I mean )
    If you're talking about me waiting for Ozzie for almost 45 minutes while he was pin trading, then yes, I wanted to go have fun. D:

Monsters... Go...

Boo!
    LOVE IT!

From here, MGB, Sir Didymus and I decided upon Plaza Inn for lunch (okay, they decided, and I tagged along). I got the kid's pasta with marinara sauce, one of those cute little bottles of water (comes with the food, at no extra cost!) and a regular sized Diet Coke. We had THE MOST AWESOME CM at the cash register... OMG!!! (Dani, did you ever get to City Hall??)
    I didn't! Hopefully my compliment is still valid, because I'm going to try to get to City Hall tomorrow and submit it. She was seriously AMAZING.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwalker View Post
    Thank you for sharing your trip report. I really like those pictures, very stunning and creative. Not only you were lucky to be around Fantasyland without the big crowds and that makes it easier to take great pictures. I like the videos by the way.
    Aww... thanks! It pays to discover... Fantasyland in the early morning.

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    If you're talking about me waiting for Ozzie for almost 45 minutes while he was pin trading, then yes, I wanted to go have fun. D:
    Yupperz, that's what I'm talking about.
    LOVE IT!

I didn't! Hopefully my compliment is still valid, because I'm going to try to get to City Hall tomorrow and submit it. She was seriously AMAZING.
    txt me her name, because I want to send in a compliment for her, too. She... was.. INCREDIBLE!! (has to be new- you could smell the freshness of the pixie dust still but who cares when they're that good?)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I think I want to let this get over onto a new page before I post more. This page is "bogged down" enough, me thinks, for those folks without super fast internet connections (how do they survive? ).

Also, you might like to know that each and everyone of those pictures are a clickable link, that will take you back to the original copy on Flickr, where you can then get it in many different sizes. Feel free to download any and all you like to use as your desktop background. I know I like it when I get permission to do that, so I'm giving you all this opportunity.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Nice pictures, Thomas. Can'rt wait for more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast