Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Koubu Pilot

The Return of Koutesu

It's finally time to return to Anaheim. I meant to start the thread a couple of days ago, but being busy with work and housework and putting together out Linger Longer luncheon at church delayed that until just now.

The cast of characters this time includes myself, my parents, my sister, my brother, my bother in law, my nephew, and 3 nieces plus my brother in law's niece. I can't wait to go into the parks with my 2 younger nieces, Victoria and Lola, in particular. Victoria is 2 and can't wait to meet the princesses and see Tink and Dumbo in the fireworks. Lola might enjoy visual stuff like the Electrical Parade. The one character missing from last year is the ex-girlfriend (just look at Snow White and Sleeping Beauty: a lot of stories have witches). It's complicated, but a load has been lifted.

Our travel plans are as follows. My sister and brother in law took my nephew and 2 younger nieces to pick up my brother in law's niece in Vegas, then they're going to Oceanside to visit his nephew Phil, who was on our trip last year. I'm going to pick up my parents, brother, and eldest niece and we should be leaving Phoenix around 2 am. We have to be in San Diego in the morning. My dad has a follow up appointment related to his kidney transplant back in '06. It's routine and requires a little lab work in the morning and seeing the actual doctor Wed afternoon. After that, we drive on to Anaheim.

We'll be staying at the Peacock this year. We bought our park hoppers on the "5 days for the price of 3" promotion, so that means 5 days worth of theme parks.

I plan to drive over to Riverside on Saturday morning. My friend, and roommate, Travis is buried at Olivewood. It's been over a year since all of that happened and the trial won't be until 2010. I haven't even been by that house since my and the other roommate grabbed our stuff out of there. If you're wondering what all that is about, you've probably already seen it on your local news and CBS 48 Hour Mystery aired the story as well (it's called "Picture Perfect").

I'm ready for fun. As usual, I may post as time may allow during the trip, but I may not post until after my trip. I intend to share some photos. After the vacation, I also plan to compile photos and video clips into a long slideshow, similar to my previous vacations in 2007 and 2008 as well as some camp outs. YouTube - koutesu's Channel

• Banned User

Question Re: The Return of Koutesu

Hi. That all sounds interesting. However, since I'm new, would you please be so kind as to tell me the purpose of your post? I'm curious. Thanks. PCB

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: The Return of Koutesu

Quote Originally Posted by Popcornballs View Post
    Hi. That all sounds interesting. However, since I'm new, would you please be so kind as to tell me the purpose of your post? I'm curious. Thanks. PCB
    That was pretty rude as far as first posts go.

Koutesu, welcome back to Anaheim! Sounds like it'll be a great time for you and your family.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Banned User

Red Face Re: The Return of Koutesu

Rude? Why rude? I don't know the poster or his "fame", so when I read a post about what he is doing I was just wondering why he would post that information? I haven't read about other people posting about them selves. Just an honest, open, curious question. According to Webster, "rude" means:
    "Characterized by roughness, unpolished, coarse, lacking refinement". I certainly don't think my post was "rude". PCB

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Popcornballs View Post
    Rude? Why rude? I don't know the poster or his "fame", so when I read a post about what he is doing I was just wondering why he would post that information? I haven't read about other people posting about them selves. Just an honest, open, curious question. According to Webster, "rude" means:
    "Characterized by roughness, unpolished, coarse, lacking refinement". I certainly don't think my post was "rude". PCB
    Since you're new, take a look at the labels on some of these threads. This one is labeled as a "Trip Report" because I'm sharing the details of my trip. Some people can start their thread before leaving, while on their trip, or after the trip is over. Other threads will be labeled as "rumour", "chat", "fun", etc. Paying attention to these labels will give you an idea of the thread's nature.

Since this is a trip report about my trip to Disneyland, this is the forum in which I should post.

• Banned User

Thanks, my friend, I appreciate the help and advice. PCB

• Koubu Pilot

I feel so tired. We left my parents' house this morning around 2:30 am and arrived in San Diego @ 8:30. My dad's lab work was fast, so we went over to the cafeteria of the UCSD Medical Center for breakfast. We went over to Target off I-8 (a 2 story Target!) where my parents bought a new camera. Mom was wanting one to finally retire that old film camera. It was a Samsung for $89.99. At first, the camera guy said they were out and mom got that look of distress and disappointment on her face, then he said they had some on clearance for the same price that were upgrades from the other camera, so mom bought it.

Now, we're in our room at the Best Western Seven Seas Lodge. Tomorrow's itinerary involves taking my dad for his official appointment at the UCSD Medical Center, and then head up I-5 to Anaheim.

It won't be too long that we'll be entering Disneyland...

• hi!

haha, there's so much suspense leading up to your Disneyland visit
    -plagued

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    haha, there's so much suspense leading up to your Disneyland visit

Not even I know what will happen...

• Koubu Pilot

We'll be checking out of BW Seven Seas Lodge in San Diego soon. My dad has his follow up appointment at UCSD Medical Center around 1 relating to his kidney transplant he had there in 2006. It's a routine check up.

My "low tire pressure" indicator came on in my Civic, so I have to adjust my tire pressure.

After the appointment, we will drive up to Anaheim and check in at the Peacock. I may not post more until I get home because Peacock's internet is available for a fee. That's right. A resort, with 2 room suites, that markets itself for Shell Vacation Club, which is a timeshare kind of thing, charges for internet you could always get for free at Days Inn, Best Western, etc.

Our park tickets were purchased as part of that "Buy 5 for the price of 3" promotion. What that means is each of our tickets are 3 day park hoppers that will be valid a full 5 days. If we can extend our stay one more night, then tomorrow is our first day at the parks. If we can't extend our stay, then today will be our first day at the parks and will probably go late afternoon. Either way, we're excited!

Saturday is when I'm going to my friend/roommate's grave in Riverside.

• Koubu Pilot

So we get free internet here at the Peacock!

After my dad had his appointment in San Diego, we went up I-5 to Anaheim. The traffic wasn't bad leaving San Diego. We hit traffic in Tustin through Santa Ana.

We got a nice 2 bedroom suite. Living room has a flat screen, fridge, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker as well as a table and chairs, sofa, and chair with ottoman set. There is a bedroom with its own bathroom and cal-king bed. There's a separate bathroom. End of the hall has a room with 2 queens. Both bedrooms have their own TVs. All 3 TVs have cable and a DVD player. From the 2 queen room, I can see Gardenwalk. I can also see Tower of Terror, Maliboomer, and California Screamin'.

I'm so excited to visit Disneyland tomorrow! Won't the morning come?!

• Koubu Pilot

Today is the big day! Everyone's excited. We still have to eat breakfast downstairs in the hotel's breakfast room. Here's the view from hotel:

To quote Michael Eisner on Family Guy in the "Brian Does Hollywood" episode:

"See you at Disneyland! BRING MONEY!"

• Koubu Pilot

Pics of the day.

Tomorrow is DCA! or is it a ?

• Koubu Pilot

It's off to DCA today!

• Waiting for fireworks...

How are you handling the weather? I'm from AZ too and I will be going to DLR on Sunday and I'm hoping for a little bit cooler weather. I know that it will still be hot...just wondering how a fellow Zonie is coping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast