Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• In Between inbetweens

Question Splash Mountain..er...precautions?

Hey all!
    I have a few more questions..
    less than 2 months to my trip to DL!
    WooHoo!

So- here goes:

If I am riding Splash Mountain..can I take my knapsack on it with me? ( I'd wrap it in a plastic garbage bag so it doesn't get wet.)
    Is there a locker area near SM so I could stash my knapsack?
    I hear there is at Grizzly Run. But which ride gets you more drenched?

Think it's possible that Fantasmic will be on when I am there? I am going on a Friday in September?

I'm sure I'll have more questions soon!

Re: Splash Mountain..er...precautions?

you definitely get much wetter on GRR, sometimes totally drenched, so best to have a change of clothes, just in case. You can use the lockers near GRR for free for 2 hours--very nice. Backback in a garbage bag will work well for Splash. no lockers near Splash.

• In Between inbetweens

Wow- fast response- Thank you!

• Banned User

In terms of how wet you get on Splash Mountain, it really depends on where you sit. If you sit in the very back seat, you and your knapsack would only be mildly splashed. There are no lockers in Critter Country.

And yes, Grizzly can get you absolutely drenched if you are on the receiving end of the first drop.

• hi!

it also depends on who's sitting around you on the splash mountain log..

my entire group had the perfect number of people to fill a boat exactly. and our largest friend sat in the front. needless to say, after both drops where the log freefloats before it catches back on the track, the boat dipped forward causing water to easily find its way on everyone on our log.

as far as your knapsack, it should be fine. while you can get pretty wet on Splash Mountain, i wouldn't say you'd get so drenched that water would find its way in your knapsack, which you said would also be wrapped in a plastic bag.
    -plagued

Yah, in Splash Mountain it really depends on who sits in the first 2 seats. Luckily, parents with small children will let their smallest sit up front so you can get lucky most of the time. On Grizzly it's all about where you sit and where the boat turns when it drops.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Usually when I sit in the front I don't even get that wet. It's totally safe to bring a purse on that ride. I do it all the time. I put the strap on my leg though and then put my purse on my lap so I can put my hands up though. Haha! Whenever I go on GRR i always get a plastic bag from the store next to GRR and put my purse in it though
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Returning to DL 2/29

for Splash you can ask a cast member to hold it on for you
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• Minion

Splash Mountain generally doesn't get you very wet as far as water rides go. However, you can get drenched on GRR.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

I got drenched on splash mountain 2 weeks ago...I was in the 3rd seat. I guess its just bad luck sometimes because it doesnt happen often

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• DL podcaster

i actually get more drenched on splash than GRR...which is unusual, i know. but generally i get stuck sitting in the very front where every drop felt like someone pouring a bucket of water in my face.

i had my backpack with me with a paper princess crown i got from ariel's grotto. water did end up dripping into my backpack and needless to say my crown was sacrificed to the splash mountain gods.

don't underestimate either ride and stick with your trashbag

oh and i asked a cast member to hold my crown....they said no. i believe it's general policy that they can't hold anything for you

Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

Quote Originally Posted by OregonBoy1963 View Post
    you definitely get much wetter on GRR, sometimes totally drenched, so best to have a change of clothes, just in case. You can use the lockers near GRR for free for 2 hours--very nice. Backback in a garbage bag will work well for Splash. no lockers near Splash.
    I have to disagree with u on that one. After the recent renovation, Splash Mountain can get u soaked, while Grizzly Bear Rapids can get u wet. If u sit in the first 2 seats on Splash Mountain, your guaranteed to get soaked.

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

I have long legs, so on Splash I've only really had my knees and thighs soaked. Water always seems to come over the sides of the log.

On GRR, I've gotten everything from soaked to mildly sprinkled. Someone in my raft ALWAYS gets drenched, though. Love the nearby lockers. I just cram all my stuff into one of those and throw caution to the wind.

• Keep Moving Forward

Quote Originally Posted by hurricanefreak View Post
    for Splash you can ask a cast member to hold it on for you
    Incorrect - we can't hold anything for you unless it can't go on the ride (i.e. balloons). But, as others have said, ask for the back and you should be fine. 9 times out of 10 the back stays perfectly dry, so your knapsack should be fine. If you wrap it in a garbage bag, it will definitely be fine no matter where you sit!

From my own personal experience, I've taken my camera bag with me in the front seat, and though the bag itself has gotten pretty soaked, the camera inside wasn't wet at all. Again, this is just my experience - results may vary. However, I don't think you'll have anything to worry about.
    Interested in visions fantastic of Disneyland?
    Check out my albums on Flickr by clicking here!

• "Always On The Move..."

Last time I was on Splash, my friend and I both got drenched from a "wave" that came up on the right hand side. Never had THAT happen before. LOL (That was during late Oct. Froze to death afterwards.)
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast