Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Has anyone had a Disney fairytale wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle&shine View Post
    I know that I am totally nosey but I would LOVE to know what kind of budget you had! It sounds totally amazing!!
    Well..the budget is quite large, I'm not exactly comfortable to get into exact numbers, I honestly think we're getting a great deal though because the cost is equivalent to the other location we had picked out and Disney has been very accommodating and helpful, I doubt we would have gotten the level of service we are getting.

• 387 Miles from Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by The Mouse View Post
    Well..the budget is quite large, I'm not exactly comfortable to get into exact numbers, I honestly think we're getting a great deal though because the cost is equivalent to the other location we had picked out and Disney has been very accommodating and helpful, I doubt we would have gotten the level of service we are getting.
    I am sure it will be worth every penny!! How many guests are you having? Congrats and I am sure it will be very magical.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Anders already had his say, let me put in my 2 cents.

As the bride, I have to say the fairy tale wedding was just what the name implies: A fairy tale. Disney took care of every little last detail for us, basically, all we had to do was fork over the cash and show up. The string quartet played beautiful music, our Cinderella coach was straight out of an animated feature, and the food was exquisite. I think it was definitely worth the money.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle&shine View Post
    I am sure it will be worth every penny!! How many guests are you having? Congrats and I am sure it will be very magical.
    Approximately 50-60 guests we're still waiting on some reply cards, numbers are actually high considering it's a destination wedding we live in Canada I didn't think we'd get as many responses as we did.

Actually going to have one, still haven't decided on the date yet.
    My adventures in Wonderland began when I followed the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole. All of the sudden--I fell! Down... down... down...

• in the Golden Afternoon

Yeah, I'm really excited now, it's coming fast (end of September), the ceremony starts after the park closes, it will be a late night we will be in the park from 930pm-3am.
    they really let people do that??
    thats awesome!

• Adventures with Duffy

Approximately 50-60 guests we're still waiting on some reply cards, numbers are actually high considering it's a destination wedding we live in Canada I didn't think we'd get as many responses as we did.
    Half our guest list was from Canada. I too was surprised and happy at those who were able to travel. I think what helps is Disney has other things to do around the parks other then the parks, so guest can really make a nice vacation out of it.

I hope you have a magical wedding day. I know it will be even better then what you think it will be. What was hard was trying to take it all in, because as the bride and groom you do so much. I was told to take moments to look around and take it all in. We did that and have wonderful memories of that day. I will also add, although Disney is wonderful, there still can be mix ups, so have someone that knows your wedding well. I used my mom. And if somethings not right, let them handle it. So you can stay in the happy moment.

Have a happy wedding. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by WeWantsTheRedhead View Post
    they really let people do that??
    thats awesome!
    Yep. I didn't know at first either but I always find out services Disney offers out of the blue like the Fantasmic Priority seating or the fireworks priority seating.

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    Half our guest list was from Canada. I too was surprised and happy at those who were able to travel. I think what helps is Disney has other things to do around the parks other then the parks, so guest can really make a nice vacation out of it.

I hope you have a magical wedding day. I know it will be even better then what you think it will be. What was hard was trying to take it all in, because as the bride and groom you do so much. I was told to take moments to look around and take it all in. We did that and have wonderful memories of that day. I will also add, although Disney is wonderful, there still can be mix ups, so have someone that knows your wedding well. I used my mom. And if somethings not right, let them handle it. So you can stay in the happy moment.

Have a happy wedding. :-)
    Definitely a lot of people are coming down as a little get away which added to the amount of people coming.

I also have said to Disney multiple times that I wish I was going to be a guest at my own wedding because I'm going to miss out on a lot of really cool things, like having a drink while riding Peter Pan, which has always been my dream

• Adventures with Duffy

Yep. I didn't know at first either but I always find out services Disney offers out of the blue like the Fantasmic Priority seating or the fireworks priority seating.

Definitely a lot of people are coming down as a little get away which added to the amount of people coming.

I also have said to Disney multiple times that I wish I was going to be a guest at my own wedding because I'm going to miss out on a lot of really cool things, like having a drink while riding Peter Pan, which has always been my dream
    Do you really have to miss out on something? Riding Peter Pan while having a drink is cool.

We missed out on one thing, the pre-reception. Well and riding in the bus. Yes we had to have a bus for our guest, due to they went back stage to get where they need to go. Anyhow, we didn't miss much because we were brought the food from the pre-reception to where we were getting ready for the grand entrance. Meaning it was a bathroom break and bussling the dress and a few bits of food and a drink. lol

I don't know all the details of your wedding and why things are the way they are. With that said, don't miss one thing you don't want to miss. Because afterwards you will hear your guest talk about what ever and you will always say I wish we would have... I hear the stories of how great the bus driver was and how much people liked the bus and wish we had left the limo and gone with our guest. lol

Are you pretty well done with the plans and just waiting for the day to come? That was a hard time, the day just never comes fast enough.

I'd love to get married in front of the castle... hopefully one day I have the budget to do so. I've looked at the photos on the website and it looks gorgeous!

The Mouse-- I hope your wedding goes well. It sounds like it is going to be wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    Do you really have to miss out on something? Riding Peter Pan while having a drink is cool.

We missed out on one thing, the pre-reception. Well and riding in the bus. Yes we had to have a bus for our guest, due to they went back stage to get where they need to go. Anyhow, we didn't miss much because we were brought the food from the pre-reception to where we were getting ready for the grand entrance. Meaning it was a bathroom break and bussling the dress and a few bits of food and a drink. lol

I don't know all the details of your wedding and why things are the way they are. With that said, don't miss one thing you don't want to miss. Because afterwards you will hear your guest talk about what ever and you will always say I wish we would have... I hear the stories of how great the bus driver was and how much people liked the bus and wish we had left the limo and gone with our guest. lol

Are you pretty well done with the plans and just waiting for the day to come? That was a hard time, the day just never comes fast enough.
    Well the only thing we're going to miss some of is the reception in fantasyland because that's when we are going to be taking photos, though we won't miss it entirely it's mainly in place so that we are able to get some photos in. I'm going to make sure we get to at least see it and mingle with the guests a bit, have some of the food, have a drink.

We're pretty much done planning everything, we're still finalizing the guest list at the moment but it's only a couple of people and our deadline is coming up, basically just waiting for the day and it seems to be coming up so fast. I remember when I was a kid Summers would last forever but when you're an adult with a job time just flies by.

• Semi-Lurker

Wink Re: Has anyone had a Disney fairytale wedding?

I attended a wedding at the hotel in the rose garden with a reception in the DLH. Except for the location and the fact that two minimum wage workers dressed as Mickey and Minnie showed up for 10 mins. it was a pretty much a standard formal sit down wedding with a no host bar.
    I was later told the price which I don't remember anymore but I remember thinking that it was astronomical for what they got, and that since the young couple had paid for it themselves, I thought it was a big waste of cash for just the setting. (Sorry)
    But if this is your dream go for it, hopefully you'll only get married once so your big day should be how you want it.
    Last edited by ExCandyMaker; 07-23-2009 at 11:00 AM.

• Adventures with Duffy

Well the only thing we're going to miss some of is the reception in fantasyland because that's when we are going to be taking photos, though we won't miss it entirely it's mainly in place so that we are able to get some photos in. I'm going to make sure we get to at least see it and mingle with the guests a bit, have some of the food, have a drink.

We're pretty much done planning everything, we're still finalizing the guest list at the moment but it's only a couple of people and our deadline is coming up, basically just waiting for the day and it seems to be coming up so fast. I remember when I was a kid Summers would last forever but when you're an adult with a job time just flies by.
    Im happy for you, its hard the photos are important too. We had a photo shoot list of who and where. It helped keep things moving. You may have something like that already.

Sounds like your pretty ready. Thats great. Theres always a couple of last min people to see if they are coming.

• Adventures with Duffy

sorry double post

• Who doesn't love NAPs?

wow, okay, so what I'm getting is-
    Yes it's very expensive, but totally worth it.
    My mom is getting married and Disneyland is definately NOT in her budget, but it might be when I get married, eventually. Thanks for everyone's beautiful stories!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast