Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Living the Fairytale

Re: Has anyone had a Disney fairytale wedding?

My husband and I were married at the Wedding Pavilion in DisneyWorld. We opted for Disney to do everything (dj/cater/florist/transportation/cake, etc) it was absolutely amazing. The carriage is the best part..

It is amazingly expensive - about $35k for 50 people, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. We had our reception at the Grand Floridian, and even our rehearsal dinner was at the time of fireworks, and we paid to have the "Wishes" music piped in. We were on the Sago Cay Pointe patio. It was amazing.
    You can contact me if you want to see more pictures, I have hundreds. We even paid extra for the Magic Kingdom photo session and got to be in the Magic Kingdom before it opened with our photographer for pictures outside/inside the castle and on Cinderella's carousel.
    I don't know about the folks at DisneyLand Weddings, but Disney World knows how to organize a wedding. Every bride's dream.

I know a mom who had her's there...I have no idea on the particulars however. I could ask her for info if you really want and she's willing to contact you or something. ?

• Always smiling

My brother and his bride-to-be are getting married in September 2010. They have been told that their vows will be exchanged in the rose garden at the Disneyland Hotel. Their cocktail hour at Terrace Wine Tasting and the reception will be held in the Disney Animation bulidling inside DCA. They would have loved to get married inside Disneyland, but it is quite costly so the economical alternative is DCA.

• Honorary Mermaid.

Anyone ever have a Disney Wedding?

Or ever been to one?
    (& Sorry, if this is the wrong forum to post this in.)

But I'm so curious to know. Being the girly girl that I am, I've always dreamt of my wedding day, and I honestly can't think of a better place to have it than at Disneyland! (I know I'm young, but a girl can dream, right?!)
    So I wanna know if anyones had, or is planning to have, a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding, and if so I wanna hear allllll about it, so I can be all giddy and dream about my wedding day :]

• Minion

Re: Anyone ever have a Disney Wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLocks View Post
    Or ever been to one?
    (& Sorry, if this is the wrong forum to post this in.)

But I'm so curious to know. Being the girly girl that I am, I've always dreamt of my wedding day, and I honestly can't think of a better place to have it than at Disneyland! (I know I'm young, but a girl can dream, right?!)
    So I wanna know if anyones had, or is planning to have, a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding, and if so I wanna hear allllll about it, so I can be all giddy and dream about my wedding day :]
    How cute are you! Don't be silly, what girl doesnt dream about their wedding day! You know I dont know anyone who has had one at Disneyland, but I have TOTALLY checked out those "fairy tale weddings" and they are so beautiful! Even the simple ones that are in between the Disneyland hotels are really nice too.

The only thing I can tell you is my best friend proposed to his now wife infront of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. It was really cute, he had told Disney CM's ahead of time and they had a red carpet and a little area closed off for him! It was so darn sweet! (They didnt get married in Disneyland,but what can you say the next best thing would probably be a proposal....)

Get giddy we all do

• Minion

I'm sure there are cute ones, DisneyParks on YOUTUBE just added this new clip. This will get you more giddy about it. Its cute, I liked it!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InV7Sh5zNtg]YouTube - Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons Commercial (:60)[/ame]

• Honorary Mermaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    How cute are you! Don't be silly, what girl doesnt dream about their wedding day! You know I dont know anyone who has had one at Disneyland, but I have TOTALLY checked out those "fairy tale weddings" and they are so beautiful! Even the simple ones that are in between the Disneyland hotels are really nice too.

The only thing I can tell you is my best friend proposed to his now wife infront of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. It was really cute, he had told Disney CM's ahead of time and they had a red carpet and a little area closed off for him! It was so darn sweet! (They didnt get married in Disneyland,but what can you say the next best thing would probably be a proposal....)

Get giddy we all do
    Hahaha :]
    They are very beautiful! I've seen the Disney Dream Weddings show on WE, and it made me want to get married there even more. The only problem, is, that the show only focused on weddings at WDW. What about the original Land?!
    Everyone says they're way super expensive (and I've done my research, they aren't exactly cheap), but it's not like I wanna get married in front of the castle! :[ (okay maybe I do, but we all know THAT will never happen )

But that proposal story is so cute!! I think it'd be so romantic to get proposed to in front of the castle or Snow White's Wishing Well *swoooon*. Were people watching him propose to her?
    Because I saw pictures of a guy proposing to his girlfriend in front of the castle, and in the background everyone had their cameras out, taking pictures of them. Haha cutest thing ever. After all, everyone loves a good love story :]

• Honorary Mermaid.

I'm sure there are cute ones, DisneyParks on YOUTUBE just added this new clip. This will get you more giddy about it. Its cute, I liked it!

YouTube - Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons Commercial (:60)
    Oh dear, that really did it! I'm such a little girl, haha that made me sooo happy.
    Ohhh, I can't wait to get married

• Minion

Hahaha :]
    They are very beautiful! I've seen the Disney Dream Weddings show on WE, and it made me want to get married there even more. The only problem, is, that the show only focused on weddings at WDW. What about the original Land?!
    Everyone says they're way super expensive (and I've done my research, they aren't exactly cheap), but it's not like I wanna get married in front of the castle! :[ (okay maybe I do, but we all know THAT will never happen )

But that proposal story is so cute!! I think it'd be so romantic to get proposed to in front of the castle or Snow White's Wishing Well *swoooon*. Were people watching him propose to her?
    Because I saw pictures of a guy proposing to his girlfriend in front of the castle, and in the background everyone had their cameras out, taking pictures of them. Haha cutest thing ever. After all, everyone loves a good love story :]
    They are certainly pricey (at least in the park!)

Everyone was watching as he proposed! His friend recorded it too. It was so romantic! Im with you, in the two areas you mentioned above, lets hope someone comes up with more creative ideas. I have many already of what could be cute! Hey you NEVER KNOW, never say never!

How cute, so you say "soon" are you getting the feeling you may be popped the question soon?! If so how exciting! Every girl loves hearing and talking about weddings. How fun!

• Honorary Mermaid.

They are certainly pricey (at least in the park!)

Everyone was watching as he proposed! His friend recorded it too. It was so romantic! Im with you, in the two areas you mentioned above, lets hope someone comes up with more creative ideas. I have many already of what could be cute! Hey you NEVER KNOW, never say never!

How cute, so you say "soon" are you getting the feeling you may be popped the question soon?! If so how exciting! Every girl loves hearing and talking about weddings. How fun!
    Hahah oh gosh no! Unless a miracle happens, of course, and I find my true love like...tomorrow.
    But I'm not even dating anyone at the moment, so being popped the question now by someone would be kind of...uhm, really awkward? Hahaha, but still. HOPEFULLY soon.
    But you can't rush fate :]

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Re: Has anyone had a Disney fairytale wedding? (merged threads)

Just over a year ago, two fellow MiceChatters had a Disney wedding, complete with Cinderella's coach. It was officiated by yet another MiceChatter. It was a beautiful ceremony:

Happy Wedding Day Anders And Sunnygirl

• Minion

Hahah oh gosh no! Unless a miracle happens, of course, and I find my true love like...tomorrow.
    But I'm not even dating anyone at the moment, so being popped the question now by someone would be kind of...uhm, really awkward? Hahaha, but still. HOPEFULLY soon.
    But you can't rush fate :]
    You're cute!
    You're certainly right you can't rush fate! When you least expect it you'll see. There is nothing wrong with planning ahead, a friend of mine got married about three years ago and she had a folder of every wedding detail she wanted from when she was a little girl. So start that folder if you havent! Its nice to look back because our taste often time changes. Plus its something to smile and look back on when you do get married to your Prince Charming!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWed View Post
    My husband and I were married at the Wedding Pavilion in DisneyWorld. We opted for Disney to do everything (dj/cater/florist/transportation/cake, etc) it was absolutely amazing. The carriage is the best part..

It is amazingly expensive - about $35k for 50 people, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. We had our reception at the Grand Floridian, and even our rehearsal dinner was at the time of fireworks, and we paid to have the "Wishes" music piped in. We were on the Sago Cay Pointe patio. It was amazing.
    You can contact me if you want to see more pictures, I have hundreds. We even paid extra for the Magic Kingdom photo session and got to be in the Magic Kingdom before it opened with our photographer for pictures outside/inside the castle and on Cinderella's carousel.
    I don't know about the folks at DisneyLand Weddings, but Disney World knows how to organize a wedding. Every bride's dream.
    How romantic is that?!!!!!
    Uuummm yeah 35k?!!!! For only 50 people? Yikes, I know on my side alone it'd be a 100 plus people! As for my other half, Ill let you know when I meet him!

• Honorary Mermaid.

You're cute!
    You're certainly right you can't rush fate! When you least expect it you'll see. There is nothing wrong with planning ahead, a friend of mine got married about three years ago and she had a folder of every wedding detail she wanted from when she was a little girl. So start that folder if you havent! Its nice to look back because our taste often time changes. Plus its something to smile and look back on when you do get married to your Prince Charming!
    Heheh ^_^
    I totally already have a folder. HAHA. As my mom always tells me, I've got my whole wedding planned out, all I'm missing is my Prince :]

ohhh, and heart shaped raviolis!!!! My gosh, Disney is amazing.
    Eeek it really is something out of a fairy tale. Especially that carriage.
    And to get married with a whole bunch of mice chatters there! How cool would that be? Fun people who share your love of Disneyland with you!!

• world class bilge rat

Re: Has anyone had a Disney fairytale wedding? (merged threads)

In July of 2008, my oldest son was married at DL. It was absolutely beautiful! The folks at DL did a fantastic job, they took care of everything. While the wedding was going on, they had CMs posted at the sidewalks near the entrances, and only invited guests were allow to pass by. Very nice setting, typical Disney.

The Cinderella carriage at the end was a very nice touch. It just goes around the block, but it topped off a wonderful event. This was if fact, the only Disney themed item in the whole ceremony. They wanted to be married by Mickey Mouse, but DL doesn't allow any characters at the weddings.

I don't know what it cost, the brides family paid for it. I heard it was around $30K, but that's just what I heard. I paid for the reception ($1400), and the minister ($200). We're all from northern Nevada and central Oregon, there were about 60 people.

The only negative thing I can think about it is I'm a single dad with a 15 year old daughter who talks occasionally of her own future DL wedding. Guess I'd best start saving!

Rob

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast