Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Who doesn't love NAPs?

Has anyone had a Disney fairytale wedding? (merged threads)

They seem really expensive, but I don't think they're that much more expensive than any other high-end wedding, especially for disneyland. Has anyone had one, or been to one? Was it worth the price?

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Re: Has anyone had a Disney fairytale wedding?

I've seen multiple merely as a spectator and can say it looks like the most magical wedding on the face of this earth.

Infact, I saw a wedding next to SBC itself near the gardens opposite of Snow White's Grotto. I can't think of a more magical spot to get married.

(but of course, both in the couple have to be very into Disney or I would suggest something else )

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Have been to one and it was really quite lovely. Especially liked the bride's entrance!

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

The topiaries near the Disneyland Hotel (I'm pretty sure it was that hotel, not positive!) wedding gardens are also very charming, displaying some (if not all) of the fab five in pure natural art.

I say I'm not positive bc I really am clueless about the Hotels near the Disneyland region but can say it was just behind the entrance to DTD from the street.

EDIT: here's a pic I found online. They are so cute!

• Minion

I've seen them on TV, they're are always stunning. I agree two have to be really into Disney to have them. I have seen one next to the Disneyland Hotel, it was beautiful. I'm pretty sure they're pricey, more than an average wedding. It really depends if you want it in the park, or outside the park. It also makes a difference on how many guests attend. (than again the number of guess make a difference on a non disney wedding as well) Are you planning one?

• Disneyland History Lover

Hopefully someday.

• Banned User

I also saw one close to the Plaza Gardens. It was a very cut e asian couple. They were taking picture with Mickey and Minnie who were dressed for the occasion! They had a harpist playing disney classics beautifuly! And they cut the cake too. It was VERY small and looked to be VERY expensive.

• Future Imagineer! =D

nope but it's my dream to first get proposed to in front on the castle and then getting married in front of the castle! My husband wil have to share the love of Disney with me. I already have my own fairytale- we will both be working in Disneyland and both be obsessesd with Disneyland and fall in love and get married at Disneyland. lol. Disney weddings seem pretyt expensive (I've already researched it! lol!) so I plan on getting rich somehow (hopefully!) because I want to go full out
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

well, as the groom at the Fairytale Wedding that MissChristine attended, I guess I should enter the conversation in this thread.

We got married at the Disneyland Hotel in the Rose Garden and had our reception in the ballroom at the Grand Californian. Obviously, my wife and I are both into Disney as we met on MiceChat, so that definitely makes the extra price you may pay worthwhile.

One great thing about Disney is that they take care of basically everything if you want them to. They took care of the food, the flowers, the entertainment, we had our own photographer, but you can have a Disney one if you want.

You are only allowed to get married inside the park during non-operating hours. The weddings you may have seen near Plaza Gardens are part of a different program that Disney has worked out with a group from somewhere in Asia, I don't remember which country it was, so that would be the reason the bride and groom seen were Asian.

For whatever reason, I can't get the first page of the thread to open at the moment, but here's a thread with many pictures from the wedding.

Happy Wedding Day Anders And Sunnygirl

I'll be happy to answer any questions anyone may have about the whole thing, feel free to post them here or send me a PM.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    nope but it's my dream to first get proposed to in front on the castle and then getting married in front of the castle! My husband wil have to share the love of Disney with me. I already have my own fairytale- we will both be working in Disneyland and both be obsessesd with Disneyland and fall in love and get married at Disneyland. lol. Disney weddings seem pretyt expensive (I've already researched it! lol!) so I plan on getting rich somehow (hopefully!) because I want to go full out
    Wow, both work there? Cant say I'd like to work there although I am AP holder, and I enjoy Disneyland...

My Fiancee and I are getting married in front of the Castle, having our reception in fantasyland (with some rides open) and having our meal and dancing/partying out in front of it's a small world. I must say at first I was a bit apprehensive of the idea but I'm fully on board with it now, the workers at Disney are the best, have gone above and beyond the call of duty so to speak.

• The Dudester

Quote Originally Posted by The Mouse View Post
    My Fiancee and I are getting married in front of the Castle, having our reception in fantasyland (with some rides open) and having our meal and dancing/partying out in front of it's a small world. I must say at first I was a bit apprehensive of the idea but I'm fully on board with it now, the workers at Disney are the best, have gone above and beyond the call of duty so to speak.
    That sounds freakin' amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by LLCMC View Post
    That sounds freakin' amazing!
    Yeah, I'm really excited now, it's coming fast (end of September), the ceremony starts after the park closes, it will be a late night we will be in the park from 930pm-3am.

• Adventures with Duffy

We had a Disney Fairytale wedding in WDW in May 2008. Why WDW since we live 20 min from DLR? Cost and locations.

The cost structure is a bit different at WDW, due to they have a Wishes Weddings, where in 2008, you had to spend $10,000 or more. Then they have Escape Weddings, that started out at just $3,000 and I think now are $5,000.

Escape weddings are for couples who have 18 guest or smaller. I have heard you can pay to have a total of 25 guest. Not sure what to cost of that is.

We did a wishes wedding, due to our guest list was 35 people. Cerimony was heald at the Wedding Paviolion which is right next to the Grand Floritian. The reception was held in a privet room in Living Seas, called the Living Seas Salon. Since we had windows into the aquarium, we asked Mickey if he swim by and say hi. He was more then happy to do that. Of course he had to charge us for it, he is a busy mouse and time is money. lol (well worth it) Then later on after Mickeys swim once he had a chance to get toweled off and put on his top hat, he and Minnie stopped by to to dance and cut the cake. They took time to posse for photo. It was very nice of them to stop by, our guest love it.

Two days after the wedding, my husband and I got dressed up in our wedding attire again and had photos taken in the Magic Kingdom before it opened for the day. It was still dark out, so the lights were on, but we were fighing the sun rise and had to take the shoots quickly. From what I know you have to get married in WDW to be able to do this. They also offer AK, Epcot and Studios photo shoots and some couples have down two parks.

Disney puts on a great wedding. They can do as much or as little as you want them too. You are given a wedding planner to helps you though it all. The only thing you have to meet is your min. for the wedding and the locations. Some dinning locations say your food budget has to be this much, what ever it is. Its not hard to meet those min. Your cake can count, a lot do an hour of a pre-reception and have food there. So its not all that hard.

Im the one whos the big disney fan. Before my husband and I met he had been to Disneyland once in the 80's and never any of the other parks. I was careful to not over Disney it. There were Disney touched and well Mickey and Minnie are very Disney. But if your partner isn't a huge fan, still look at a Disney wedding, because it can be done.

Would I do it again? In a heart beat. It was such a magical day, very Disney, very special. If you are looking for a website to chat on about disney weddings look at disboards. There is a section on weddings and they will have more current information then I have. Do take note, that I think most of the people on there are having WDW weddings, but there are a few who do DLR weddings. WDW just does a lot more weddings then DLR. I think the day we got married there were 8 other weddings and no I did not see another bride. Disney works very hard so you have your day as your day. I only know there were that many weddings, due to the internet and I was trying to set up a time to take photos at the Boardwalk and was waiting for two weddings in the Epcot area to be done with before we start.

• 387 Miles from Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by The Mouse View Post
    I know that I am totally nosey but I would LOVE to know what kind of budget you had! It sounds totally amazing!!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast