Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• I'm not really here

Re: WoC : just water and lights

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    In Steve's presentation he said specifically that Chernabog would be created entirely out of water.
    Alrighty then... must have missed that bit Thanks for correcting.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I can see them canceling WOC performances due to a light breeze...that might mess up some effects.

• Californian Fox-Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by BCC View Post
    I can see them canceling WOC performances due to a light breeze.
    So basically World of Color is going to have the same operational frequency as the Golden Zephyr.
    Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
    I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

• I love my family!

Quote Originally Posted by BCC View Post
    I can see them canceling WOC performances due to a light breeze...that might mess up some effects.

They may scale down the larger jets but, a light breeze will not stop the show.

• I'm not really here

^^ Agreed. We've watched the Bellagio fountains in a pretty good breeze without a problem.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    ^^ Agreed. We've watched the Bellagio fountains in a pretty good breeze without a problem.
    Difference is these fountains aren't just shooting straight upward, they are creating shapes and characters. If a breeze causes the characters to be unrecognizable then I could see the show being canceled.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Difference is these fountains aren't just shooting straight upward, they are creating shapes and characters. If a breeze causes the characters to be unrecognizable then I could see the show being canceled.
    Very true. We didn't see much deformation of the fountains due to breeze at the Bellagio. Guess we'll have to wait and see how the fountains are affected by winds at DCA. With the screen of water behind the fountains, it may offer some protection from the breeze... but it may not. Who knows.

• A Weather Eye Open

I think the differences between F! and WoC (namely, that WoC has no live performers, and F! has ton) are going to keep each show special unto itself. I'm glad that they won't involve exactly the same elements!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    I think the differences between F! and WoC (namely, that WoC has no live performers, and F! has ton) are going to keep each show special unto itself. I'm glad that they won't involve exactly the same elements!
    agreed, it's nice to have variety! I'd certainly be disappointed if WoC had been designed as Fantasmic 2.0 with the same show elements but modernized. I'm glad that they will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    True, they can tolerate high wind speeds because they don't use projections for the most part.

WOC, as I'm interpreting it, will use projections 90% of the time.

• MC, this is LD

Personally, I think the charm of WOC will lie in it's ability to create objects out of "just water and lights".

--KAN

WOC has a large amount of wind sensors around the area and the ability to adjust the size of the presentation so that in the event of winds the show doesn't have to be canceled.

Also another thing to keep in mind is that not everything you see in the Blue Sky cellar is or was part of the final presentation. It is just part of the Blue Sky process. There have been many things people naturally assumed they would see in the park just because they see it in the Blue Sky cellar when it was never planned to begin with. There are constant changes occuring to all the projects and even some of the new stuff in the cellar is already out of date.
    Please pardon our dust as we gear up for an all new signature!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12