• Boozer, User, and Loser

Question Jazz Music At The Resort

I have to do some concert reports for a class this semester, and realized I can watch live jazz at the resort. So I need some help, when do performers play at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen and does Disneyland ever have live jazz music in New Orleans square? Thank you so much for your help. Can't wait to do my homework and have fun too.

• Greetings, Program!

As far as I know, Kenny Sara's band still plays every Friday and Saturday night at hte Jazz Kitchen. They are iiiiiiiincredible musicians and very nice guys!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by HarajukuBoy
    I have to do some concert reports for a class this semester, and realized I can watch live jazz at the resort. So I need some help, when do performers play at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen and does Disneyland ever have live jazz music in New Orleans square? Thank you so much for your help. Can't wait to do my homework and have fun too.
    I hate to say it but... I think Disneyland would be the absolute WORST place to go for jazz. It is NOT jazz its watered down new age. If you want to hear real jazz you should REALLY try to go to Steamers or the HOB Sunset. If you do both and compare you will understand what I am saying.

http://www.steamerscafe.com

• Banned User

There are some great Jazz bands that play in NOS. The river Rascals and Brass Bayou band are great. I can't think of the name but there is a trio of guys (sax, Trumpet, and a bass) and they are awesome.

• Do I seem familiar?

You know what would be cool? If we could have legendary artists perform on the Mark Twain, like the episode of Louis Armstrong on the Walt Disney Treasures set for Disneyland. I was amazed that someone of that fame and caliber actually performed at Disneyland. It would be so cool to attend an event like that.

Quote Originally Posted by invader pearl
    You know what would be cool? If we could have legendary artists perform on the Mark Twain, like the episode of Louis Armstrong on the Walt Disney Treasures set for Disneyland. I was amazed that someone of that fame and caliber actually performed at Disneyland. It would be so cool to attend an event like that.
    That would be kinda cool... I know that on May 4th there are a lot of... "events" planned. Some will include preformances in the park. That all I know...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by innonut99
    I hate to say it but... I think Disneyland would be the absolute WORST place to go for jazz. It is NOT jazz its watered down new age. If you want to hear real jazz you should REALLY try to go to Steamers or the HOB Sunset. If you do both and compare you will understand what I am saying.

http://www.steamerscafe.com
    pfft I know two bands that play jazz in disneyland as well as the guys that play in New Orleans, they are very good *throws a shoe at you*

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDemona
    pfft I know two bands that play jazz in disneyland as well as the guys that play in New Orleans, they are very good *throws a shoe at you*
    I didnt mean that the people who play in Dland are not good. But Jazz is all about the atmosphere. Disneyland has never created a REAL jazz atmosphere imho.

And... ow that shoe hurt... :P