• Disneyland Connoisseur

How could I become involved in the Disney company?

For a while I have pondered this question, and have never been able to answer it by myself. I'm not familiar with all of the positions available in the Walt Disney company, but I know that many micechatters are. I am a big fan of the Disney company, I love Disneyland, and I love the movies. I guess that getting a job with them is a dream of mine. So, the question is: What could I do for the Walt Disney company? How do I become involved? My dream is to get a position that takes place in the actual company, or in the theme park business (imagineering).

So, let's look at my skills and interests:

I am a very creative person, and I mean VERY creative.
    I have good people skills, and cooperate well with others.
    I'm not a very good artist, but I have a small amount of talent.
    I'm not interested in engineering, or anything science-related.
    My biggest strength is my creativity, my imagination. I would like to have a career that lets me utilize my creative talent.

That's just a little bit of information, and I know that it is not professional. So, what would you classify me as? I'm going to be a junior in high school, so I still have a while to go, but I would like information on what jobs would suit me, and how to get involved.
    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

• Diamond Edition

Re: How could I become involved in the Disney company?

The sad truth about The Walt Disney Company is that you either have to start at the bottom (working in the parks) and work your way up over a long period of time or make a name for yourself elsewhere and get their attention that way. Since you are still in high school, I strongly recommend going to college and taking a semester off to do the Disney College Program, which is a good way to get a start with the company and get a good feel for what you want to do. Disney also offers internships throughout the company that are only available to college students and it depends on what your major is. This is basically the loop hole to starting in the parks or working elsewhere. If you get an internships in Imagineering, for example, you will then know people there and they will in turn know you and the work you are capable of. Basically, when you graduate and are entering the work force, they will keep you in mind. Otherwise, they pretty much only hire from within.

• I'm not really here

A good place to start is the Disney Careers website. Current job listings.
    If theme park is the way you want to go... you need to apply there. Many Imagineers have worked their way up the ranks at Disneyland.
    The Imagi-Nations contest that happens ever year offers WDI internships... that also can be a good route to go.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• aliceindisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    The sad truth about The Walt Disney Company is that you either have to start at the bottom (working in the parks) and work your way up over a long period of time or make a name for yourself elsewhere and get their attention that way. Since you are still in high school, I strongly recommend going to college and taking a semester off to do the Disney College Program, which is a good way to get a start with the company and get a good feel for what you want to do. Disney also offers internships throughout the company that are only available to college students and it depends on what your major is. This is basically the loop hole to starting in the parks or working elsewhere. If you get an internships in Imagineering, for example, you will then know people there and they will in turn know you and the work you are capable of. Basically, when you graduate and are entering the work force, they will keep you in mind. Otherwise, they pretty much only hire from within.

hi, if you go to the college in florida, could you choose being a character, i would like to be a face character, but i would have to move to florida, how old must you be to go there

I have a question. I'm much like MadHatter45. I like being creative and I have a graphic arts background. I want to know what are the specific jobs? What are the titles?

Oh how I love smiles!