Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47
  1. #16

    • Future Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    6,930

    Re: Lightning McQueen & Mater in Cars Land: Drive-Around Characters

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    And while they're at it, make their windshield eyes be LDS screens that can have eye movements... And maybe make their mouths / grills move a little. It is 2009. They should not look like one solid piece of plastic.
    I agree, even in the movie, they look like they're windshields are screens. In real life, the detail is kind of disappointing. I wish they were a little more unpredictable, too, sort of like the talking trash cans.

  2. #17

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,886
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lightning McQueen & Mater in Cars Land: Drive-Around Characters

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Quantify what they gain from doing this besides a fixed M&G..

    "Betty, you have got to take your kids to California Adventure. They just opened that new car's land, you know the one they've been advertising on TV. Well, the kids wanted to see it, and it was so much fun. The line stretched 1/2 way out the park, but we were totally entertained the whole time, they had the Cars characters driving around and talking to the people. It was so neat, they asked what kids' names were and interacted with them. We had so much fun we didn't even notice an hour went by till it was our turn to ride."

    vs.

    "Barbara, don't waste your money on a ticket to that new car's land. The line stretched 1/2 way out the park, there was no shade, we all got a sunburn waiting for an hour for our turn to ride, and the thing was over in about two minutes. Go to Disneyland instead, they've got a lot more rides and the waits aren't so long. And it's got more shade."

    Does that work for you, Flynn?

  3. #18

    • Future Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    6,930

    Re: Lightning McQueen & Mater in Cars Land: Drive-Around Characters

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    "Betty, you have got to take your kids to California Adventure. They just opened that new car's land, you know the one they've been advertising on TV. Well, the kids wanted to see it, and it was so much fun. The line stretched 1/2 way out the park, but we were totally entertained the whole time, they had the Cars characters driving around and talking to the people. It was so neat, they asked what kids' names were and interacted with them. We had so much fun we didn't even notice an hour went by till it was our turn to ride."

    vs.

    "Barbara, don't waste your money on a ticket to that new car's land. The line stretched 1/2 way out the park, there was no shade, we all got a sunburn waiting for an hour for our turn to ride, and the thing was over in about two minutes. Go to Disneyland instead, they've got a lot more rides and the waits aren't so long. And it's got more shade."

    Does that work for you, Flynn?
    Haha, great point. I mean, I'm sure die-hard Disney fans would wait in line no matter what, but for everyone else, like the average Disney guests, tourists and stuff, would definitely see it that way.

  4. #19

    • He Gets The Job Done
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,158
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lightning McQueen & Mater in Cars Land: Drive-Around Characters

    They should have the cars stationary, but have them talk like potato head and roz with moving mouths (Disney On Ice)


  5. #20

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,732

    Re: Lightning McQueen & Mater in Cars Land: Drive-Around Characters

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Does that work for you, Flynn?
    If that was your attempt at giving a successful pitch... you'd get thrown out on your rear.

    I understand the desire, but you have to be convincing on why it's worth the risk - something you have yet to do.

    Look at the Wall-E character. It has YET to be in the parks and Disney invested in what was probably a fortune in it.. and the best it can do right now is press junkets.

    That is the mountain you must climb - and your anecdotal jabs at DCA really don't make the cut.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  6. #21

    • Future Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    6,930

    Re: Lightning McQueen & Mater in Cars Land: Drive-Around Characters

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post

    Look at the Wall-E character. It has YET to be in the parks and Disney invested in what was probably a fortune in it.. and the best it can do right now is press junkets.
    What are you talking about? Wall-E's not in parks yet because Disney put it on the streets of LA to see what reaction people had to it, nothings wrong with it.

  7. #22

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    941

    Re: Lightning McQueen & Mater in Cars Land: Drive-Around Characters

    Look, they've had Mater and Lightning drive around before. I'm sure there are pictures somewhere that you could look them up, but the main thing I can't help but remember, is that there were a LOT of frustrated people who wanted to get pix with Lightning and Mater, but the area was simply SWAMPED with people. A lot of people ended up annoyed because there was no way to simply get only their child in the picture, without another person's kid blocking some portion of the Cars.

    The way it's set up now, there's no risk of people getting hit (because even though they had like 4 people assist the Cars out to their location, and assisting with photos and crowd control, you still never know if/when a kid's gonna just run out in front of them at the last second). Anyways, people (generally) seem more satisfied that their photos are now just of their own family, without a bazillion extra people in the back- or foreground. Then, if they really want to see Lightning and Mater "in action," they can go catch them in the Play Parade.

  8. #23

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,886
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lightning McQueen & Mater in Cars Land: Drive-Around Characters

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    If that was your attempt at giving a successful pitch... you'd get thrown out on your rear.

    I understand the desire, but you have to be convincing on why it's worth the risk - something you have yet to do.

    Look at the Wall-E character. It has YET to be in the parks and Disney invested in what was probably a fortune in it.. and the best it can do right now is press junkets.

    That is the mountain you must climb - and your anecdotal jabs at DCA really don't make the cut.
    Those were real testimonials from actual housewives in the future. I broke out the time machine to find out and you're still throwing water on these plans.

  9. #24

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,886
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lightning McQueen & Mater in Cars Land: Drive-Around Characters

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    Look, they've had Mater and Lightning drive around before. I'm sure there are pictures somewhere that you could look them up, but the main thing I can't help but remember, is that there were a LOT of frustrated people who wanted to get pix with Lightning and Mater, but the area was simply SWAMPED with people. A lot of people ended up annoyed because there was no way to simply get only their child in the picture, without another person's kid blocking some portion of the Cars.
    Then do both! When not in calvalcade mode, they're parked at the gas station getting refueled.

  10. #25

    • Future Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    6,930

    Re: Lightning McQueen & Mater in Cars Land: Drive-Around Characters

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Those were real testimonials from actual housewives in the future. I broke out the time machine to find out and you're still throwing water on these plans.
    Haha, so if there aren't any drive-around characters, at least you can at least use the time machine to skip the line.

  11. #26

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,732

    Re: Lightning McQueen & Mater in Cars Land: Drive-Around Characters

    Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    What are you talking about? Wall-E's not in parks yet because Disney put it on the streets of LA to see what reaction people had to it, nothings wrong with it.
    Here's some reading on the topic

    Jim Hilll : Why For isn't WALL?E rolling around the Disney theme parks yet?
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  12. #27

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,886
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lightning McQueen & Mater in Cars Land: Drive-Around Characters

    I have to climb a mountain, and you just go up a HILL ?


    Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    Haha, so if there aren't any drive-around characters, at least you can at least use the time machine to skip the line.
    High five, good plan.

  13. #28

    • Embrace the kitsch!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    1,040

    Cool Re: Lightning McQueen & Mater in Cars Land: Drive-Around Characters

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    And while they're at it, make their windshield eyes be LDS screens that can have eye movements... And maybe make their mouths / grills move a little. It is 2009. They should not look like one solid piece of plastic.
    You want Lightning and Mater to join the Mormon Church?
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

  14. #29

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    118

    Re: Lightning McQueen & Mater in Cars Land: Drive-Around Characters

    I think I'd worry more about getting hit by one of the spinning bee floats in the Electrical Parade or by Genie driving the magic carpet, than by McQueen. Those guys seem like they are going 3 times as fast and drive straight toward sitting spectators. What if the brakes fail? What if some kid runs out to give the Genie a hug as he's speeding toward him? I think that's more dangerous than having McQueen drive around slowly.

  15. #30

    • A Weather Eye Open
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,547

    Re: Lightning McQueen & Mater in Cars Land: Drive-Around Characters

    I think it's a good idea, but they wouldn't want to pay any extra CMs to escort them. They'll have to add more people to the clock as it is with a new land coming in, so I'd bet they'll try to keep the number of CMs working at once to a minimum.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)



Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Blu-Ray Lightning McQueen - They just keep sending them to me
    By BC_DisneyGeek in forum Disney Collectables
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 04:43 PM
  2. Can you still meet Lightning McQueen at DCA?
    By bisongirl in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 09:58 PM
  3. Lightning McQueen & Mater
    By abarry90 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-19-2007, 02:26 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 08:03 AM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-30-2006, 01:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •