Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Mickey's pal

Question Disturbing lack of...

...Donald Duck in the parks (and everywhere else). I could barely find any Donald merchandise, and the few things I did find weren't that great. He's on stuff with other characters, but if you want Donald only, good luck.

What's even worse is it's his 75th anniversary.

I could not believe the trouble I was having finding good Donald stuff. What's the deal? They've got Grumpy and Tinkerbell (especially Tinkerbell)* plastered on everything from hats to shirts to old ladies, but to track some Donald stuff down you need a time machine to go back to when Disney cared about one of their most popular characters, apparently.

*I guess it's because some people have the "I'm so cool because I act like an ***hole" mentality these days. Even Mickey Mouse merchandise has him sporting mean and or angry faces now. I saw a hat where he looked rabid, FFS. But this is getting OT.
    "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Disturbing lack of...

Funny you say that. Last Sunday he was out on Main Street and I was commenting that you don't see him much anymore. Hopefully it's a trend!

• Banned User

There is a line of I flunked my anger management class, and also some other small things. You just have to look for them. I wouldn't say that they neglect him. They go off what people want. And right now people love grumpy for some strange reason. There isn't a lot of goofy or even mickey merchandise without all of them being together either.

• Senior Minion

The Duck don't get no respect.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• hi!

poor donald
    -plagued

• Future Cast Member

hmm... wow I've never noticed that before! =o You should contact disney and bring this up.

• Mickey's pal

Yeah, I saw Donald once on Main Street sometime in the afternoon. I took a picture with him. Good thing too, 'cause I never saw him again.

I saw that "I flunked my anger management class" hat but didn't really like it. I only saw two Donald shirts, which I liked but couldn't buy.
    "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

You can customize all of the donald merch you've ever wanted at the online Disney Parks store.

I'm planning on buying a light blue one with just a huge picture of donald in the front.

The demand for Donald is not great enough to take up a store rack/shelf at this moment.
    Last edited by Goover; 07-23-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Trimming my post.

I had to go to TT morning madness just to find Donald on one of my trips. I didn't find him anywhere else in the park during a 7 day stay. (Goofy, OTOH, was EVERYWHERE.)

• Trouble a'Bruin

I just got a great mug w/ him on it on main street. its there, just not wall to wall like some other characters
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing-it was all started by a mouse

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    You can customize all of the donald merch you've ever wanted at the online Disney Parks store.

I'm planning on buying a light blue one with just a huge picture of donald in the front.

The demand for Donald is not great enough to take up a store rack/shelf at this moment.
    what donald needs is a movie all his own..they did it with goofy and it did wonders for the charecter and ducktails dont count because he was barely in it. but he needs his own movie toi play up the charecter..even if its a disney team up...like stitch and donald...that would be hilariously violent...

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFan68 View Post
    (Goofy, OTOH, was EVERYWHERE.)
    *Is glad I'm not the only one haunted by themed Goofy's everywhere*

((the hawain shirted one in DCA is the worst))

• Mickey's pal

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFan68 View Post
    I had to go to TT morning madness just to find Donald on one of my trips. I didn't find him anywhere else in the park during a 7 day stay. (Goofy, OTOH, was EVERYWHERE.)
    He is. I saw him on Main Street a lot, and saw him in DCA a lot as well. You can get Goofy stuff EVERYWHERE! I love Goofy too, but Donald is obviously my favorite and I wasn't expecting to not be able to find good stuff with him on it. I saw mugs and pens, two shirts and one hat, mostly.

• Mickey's pal

In my Nemo thread I mentioned buying a photo album--it has Mickey, Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, Nemo and Buzz on the cover. Freakin' Nemo is on the cover, but Donald is on the back, at the very bottom, and is an inch tall. What does Disney have against Donald all of a sudden...? It's just weird.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Duck View Post
    Yeah, I saw Donald once on Main Street sometime in the afternoon. I took a picture with him. Good thing too, 'cause I never saw him again.
    I almost never see Donald out in the park unless it is part of a show or parade. I think we have pictures with him when I was a kid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast