Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• hi!

How much $$$ do you spend on an *average* visit MINUS entrance??

the economy is dying (or is pretty dead already), and some of us literally cherish every dollar we have. but for some reason, a lot of us, when we head to disneyland for the day, end up looking at our wallets when we're finished and gasp, "WHERE DID ALL MY MONEY GO!?!?"

so let's break it down. maybe this will help us monitor our spending when we are so 'worry-free' in the park.

since we normally already set aside monetary units for entrance itself, we will not be including it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

since i have an Annual Pass, and i'm quite the complainer when it comes to heat, i usually wont find myself stepping into the park until after 2pm. i usually have my normal hefty meal before entering the park. i bring my own water bottles (usually 4), and the bag checkers usually laugh at me calling me a thirsty fellow.

i dont usually find myself hungry until the later hours (around 8pm-10pm) and would usually go to Pizza Port to get the Chicken Fusilli Pasta with no drink since i have my own water.

so my spending breakdown usually goes as follows:
    • dinner: average at $12
    • occasional parking (but i'm usually with someone with parking on their AP): $6 or less splitting with my party
    • the occasional churro: $3

my average total (though very dynamic) is around $21. keeping in mind that parking and having a churro is rare, i'm around $12.

i expect my spending to rise dramatically once i try my first dole whip, which i'm sure i'll be getting every visit afterwards. and once the heat lets up and i find myself in the park earlier in the day.

i realize that my spending is going to be pretty low compared to some of you guys, so i'm pretty excited to see what spending habits you have.
    -plagued

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Re: How much $$$ do you spend on an *average* visit MINUS entrance??

9$ for the Chicken Fusilli.

Everything else I bring.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    i dont usually find myself hungry until the later hours (around 8pm-10pm) and would usually go to Pizza Port to get the Chicken Fusilli Pasta with no drink since i have my own water.

I swear I posted before I read that. Me and you think strangely alike. How odd and awesome!
    Last edited by Goover; 07-23-2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Response to previous quote.

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    i bring my own water bottles (usually 4), and the bag checkers usually laugh at me calling me a thirsty fellow.
    Haha, if every individual in my immediate family brought 4 water bottles each we would be bringing 36 water bottles! lol We would have to push a shopping cart!

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Now that you mention it, has anyone ever attempted to bring a shopping cart into the DLR?

I realize this is sort of stretching it from the original topic. (heh...)

[[ON TOPIC]]

Water is by far the biggest money waster at the DLR. Also, you might want to note that the snack food (pretzels, pizza, etc.) is significantly cheaper + better at DTD.

Wetzel's Pretzels beats the old, hard mickey ones any day. If you can see them make it, it's most likely going to taste better .

• Off to Neverland

$20

• Mortals pay a token fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolo View Post
    Haha, if every individual in my immediate family brought 4 water bottles each we would be bringing 36 water bottles! lol We would have to push a shopping cart!
    I like to bring a large plastic (or aluminum) water bottle with me to the park. Then I either take it into Pizza Port or Rancho del Zocalo. There, I fill it to the top with ice, and then fill it with water. That last me a few hours, and then I just go back to one of them and refill!

Saves money and I don't have to drink out of the water fountains (ewwww...)

• Mortals pay a token fee.

Oh, and in response to the OP:

I spend between $0-$60 depending on who I'm with, time of day and how long I'm going to be there. I'd say I average around that $30 mark though.

Edit: I just realized that if that's true, I spend about an additional $3000 a year at Disneyland PLUS my annual pass.... egad, I should check my credit card statement...

• Banned User

$5.50 for a Chimichanga
    I bring everything else I'll need for the day :]

• Banned User

Depends...usually for quick night trips I won't spend a dime because I have a premium AP. If I'm there for most of the day I might buy a meal, so around $10 with my discount. If I'm drinking, I might drop $50 at a bar. Most of the time I don't really spend money on merchandise or anything.

• Mickeyfan3

Oh...wow.
    Since kids are always with us....we usually bring at least 1 water bottle per person and limit them to 1 soda per day. (1 a week at home if they're lucky).

Snack wise: usually popcorn and an ice cream at least 1-2 x's per trip

Coffee at night.

We usually try to take advantage of the free continental breakfasts at the hotel except one morning of Mickey Mouse Pancakes at the Riverbelle Terrace.

lunch and dinner is usually in the park, unless we go back to the hotel in the afternoon.

Add in a Dole Whip or two, souveniers......

Crud, I don't know. Too much! I'll track my spending next time I go, good idea for the scrap books.

But I would guess for a 4 day visit, 2 adults & 1 child:

$100 day for food, drinks, snacks (1 meal alone for 3 people there usually runs $30+) = $400

Souveniers, scrapbook supplies, t-shirts and sweatshirts, Christmas decorations, picture frames and photos that we buy that turned out better than the ones they took at the same time with our camera....$250-300?? (Sucker, I know)

Misc whatever....oh, usually trips to ESPN zone, bars in downtown Disney...

I'm guessing about $800-$1,000, not including gas and hotel.
    Counting the minutes......next trip ??????!!!! (to far away!!!)
    That is current Puppy in Training for Guide Dogs for the Blind, TIKI!!!!
    Hoofprints On the Heart Adaptive Riding Center

• I'm not really here

We go once a year for 4 days. Just 2 of us. We allow ourselves about $100/day for food.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeyfan3 View Post
    Oh...wow.
    Since kids are always with us....we usually bring at least 1 water bottle per person and limit them to 1 soda per day. (1 a week at home if they're lucky).

Snack wise: usually popcorn and an ice cream at least 1-2 x's per trip

Coffee at night.

We usually try to take advantage of the free continental breakfasts at the hotel except one morning of Mickey Mouse Pancakes at the Riverbelle Terrace.

lunch and dinner is usually in the park, unless we go back to the hotel in the afternoon.

Add in a Dole Whip or two, souveniers......

Crud, I don't know. Too much! I'll track my spending next time I go, good idea for the scrap books.

But I would guess for a 4 day visit, 2 adults & 1 child:

$100 day for food, drinks, snacks (1 meal alone for 3 people there usually runs $30+) = $400

Souveniers, scrapbook supplies, t-shirts and sweatshirts, Christmas decorations, picture frames and photos that we buy that turned out better than the ones they took at the same time with our camera....$250-300?? (Sucker, I know)

Misc whatever....oh, usually trips to ESPN zone, bars in downtown Disney...

I'm guessing about $800-$1,000, not including gas and hotel.
    you alone keep the park running.
    -plagued

• Bring Your Own Redemption

$0.
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Comets? Comets!

Probably somewhere between $20-$30, depending if there's a pin or two that I want. A Dole Whip Float is a necessity, and I'll most likely get a slice of pizza at Pizza Port or a burger at Hungry Bear (I like to feed the cats there or both, depending on how long I'm there. Add a bottle of coke or one from the fountain.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Not much, usually, although the last time I went I splurged $200 on a painting from the Disney Gallery.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast