Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Club 33!!!!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Club 33!!!!!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by micha_13 View Post
    CONGRATS!!!
    im so excited for you!
    i wish i could go
    how does one get to go??
    let me know ASAP!

<333
    All your questions answered, here.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by zeitzeuge View Post
    Congrats on getting to go! We get to go for the first time in September. You don't have to go with the member who gets you in. He made the reservations for us. We even get free park passes for that day as well. We can't wait. Make sure to tell us what the experience was like.
    I don't think the passes are actually free. Every time that we've gone, they asked if we wanted our tickets included with the meal. It makes for a big surprise when the bill comes.

As another poster said, definitely be sure to bring extra cash for the souvenirs. However, there is another fun souvie that doesn't cost anything. Be sure you use the restroom while you are there. They have paper 'guest' hand towels with the club logo on them that make for a wonderful addition to the scrapbook. BTW another reason to not miss the ladies room, is the 'throne' You'll really want to snap a pic of that. Also be sure to wander around the rooms (as much as you can without disturbing the other diners of course) and take pictures. There is a TON of history there. Don't hesitate to ask questions either. Enjoy and savour the food and the atmosphere.

• Sock Puppet

i wish i could go
    how does one get to go??
    let me know ASAP!

<333

Quite a few different ways. Some more obvious than others.

Through a relative that is a member. Friend of a friend. Employee of a company that has a corporate membership, etc...

Here is my response from another thread where an MC'er asked a similar question. It has worked for others... Good luck!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Michael_Lee
    I just thought of something funny. I have seen lots of requests for reservations for Club 33 ( me included ) and none of them had any members respond. End Quote.

"Request" threads usually don't get very far. They are a dime a dozen...

Most of the "stranger" invites to the Club occur when random acts of kindness or "special" occassions/circumstances are noticed by Club members and the invite is usually offered discreetly to the recipient.

Trust me, some Club members take joy in seeing the faces of the recipients' light up when they get the offer to enjoy the Club.

These random invites might occur thru online Disney fan sites or at the Resort itself. Pretty much anywhere, actually.

You never know who you might be standing next to while waiting for the Tram to take you into the Park and you strike up a nice conversation, or while enjoying a snack of Croc's Bits' chicken nacho's poolside at the DLH and offer some to the person (stranger) sitting next to you, or who might be watching you as you help a senior citizen pick up a dropped package, or a CM that gets noticed for going way above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that a guest gets to experience the "magic".

That person just might be a Club member who wouldn't mind doing an occassional random act of kindness themself...

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeychick62 View Post
    I don't think the passes are actually free. Every time that we've gone, they asked if we wanted our tickets included with the meal. It makes for a big surprise when the bill comes.

As another poster said, definitely be sure to bring extra cash for the souvenirs. However, there is another fun souvie that doesn't cost anything. Be sure you use the restroom while you are there. They have paper 'guest' hand towels with the club logo on them that make for a wonderful addition to the scrapbook. BTW another reason to not miss the ladies room, is the 'throne' You'll really want to snap a pic of that. Also be sure to wander around the rooms (as much as you can without disturbing the other diners of course) and take pictures. There is a TON of history there. Don't hesitate to ask questions either. Enjoy and savour the food and the atmosphere.
    Thanks for that bit of information. We'll be there for 5 days and have a parkhopper, but wanted to have the tickets since they said Club 33 on the back. Oh well, no biggie. I sure would have freaked out when we got the bill since there will be 5 of us.

And our trip to Club 33 was because of a random act of kindness on another forum. They saw how much I went on and on about hoping to go some day and out of the blue I got a PM asking if we wanted to go and experience it. There are some great people out there.

Quote Originally Posted by zeitzeuge View Post
    Thanks for that bit of information. We'll be there for 5 days and have a parkhopper, but wanted to have the tickets since they said Club 33 on the back. Oh well, no biggie. I sure would have freaked out when we got the bill since there will be 5 of us.

And our trip to Club 33 was because of a random act of kindness on another forum. They saw how much I went on and on about hoping to go some day and out of the blue I got a PM asking if we wanted to go and experience it. There are some great people out there.
    You will be able to get the ticket that has the Club 33 on the back, because it is included with dining at the Club. Some people if they have an AP or hoppers don't find the need to request the passes from the member, but because they have Club 33 printed on the back they are a nice souvenir. Then when you dine at the Club there is a minimum food charge and the minimum per person is the same price as a one day park ticket. The only way there would be extra charges is if someone picked up the passes, used them and did not show up for the reservation, then the member would be charged for the price of one day park passes per ticket plus a no show fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mickey View Post
    I think I have the same bittersweet feelings about the exclusivity of Club 33 that my daughter has about the WDW Cinderella Castle Dream Suite. I know we'd both do just about anything for a chance to enjoy an evening at either place but barring a lottery jackpot we're left feeling like Charlie Bucket hoping for a golden ticket. LOL
    not that i wouldn't jump at the opportunity to go, but i too have always been bothered by the idea of an exclusive club in the park. i'm sure it's naive to think this way, but club 33 just seems to fly in the face of walt's egalitarian message that, "disneyland is your land."

also... congratulations duckie!

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Quite a few different ways. Some more obvious than others.

Through a relative that is a member. Friend of a friend. Employee of a company that has a corporate membership, etc...

Here is my response from another thread where an MC'er asked a similar question. It has worked for others... Good luck!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Michael_Lee
    I just thought of something funny. I have seen lots of requests for reservations for Club 33 ( me included ) and none of them had any members respond. End Quote.

"Request" threads usually don't get very far. They are a dime a dozen...

Most of the "stranger" invites to the Club occur when random acts of kindness or "special" occassions/circumstances are noticed by Club members and the invite is usually offered discreetly to the recipient.

Trust me, some Club members take joy in seeing the faces of the recipients' light up when they get the offer to enjoy the Club.

These random invites might occur thru online Disney fan sites or at the Resort itself. Pretty much anywhere, actually.

You never know who you might be standing next to while waiting for the Tram to take you into the Park and you strike up a nice conversation, or while enjoying a snack of Croc's Bits' chicken nacho's poolside at the DLH and offer some to the person (stranger) sitting next to you, or who might be watching you as you help a senior citizen pick up a dropped package, or a CM that gets noticed for going way above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that a guest gets to experience the "magic".

That person just might be a Club member who wouldn't mind doing an occassional random act of kindness themself...

really?!
    that really happens?
    PROMISE?
    has that happened to anyone you know??
    i wanna go soooo baddd

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoi805 View Post
    just remeber dress to impress your representing the member....this is what we wore...
    If you want to dress up, you can. It's just not necessary. There are a few restrictions on what you can't wear. Be sure to check with Club 33 on this. Basically, they want guests to have a clean appearance.

Other than that, Club 33 understands that you want to be comfortable while in the park... especially on a hot summer day. They're not going to hold it against you or the member for wearing a t-shirt and shorts. Again, just make sure you have a clean appearance with no ripped clothing. Club 33 has been known to turn away guests who wear restricted attire.

If you're going for lunch, hardly anyone dresses up. I haven't been there for dinner, so that may be a different situation. Therefore, more formal attire may be appropriate in the evening. If you don't want to go too casual, a tucked in polo shirt with jeans would be more than sufficient for lunch or dinner.

• Sock Puppet

really?!
    that really happens?
    PROMISE?
    has that happened to anyone you know??
    i wanna go soooo baddd

Would I lie to you???

See zeitzeuge's post for proof!

Oh what a dream come true that would be! I want to turn 33 at club 33. One more month to find a new friends:-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234