Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mickey's pal

Cool Donald_Duck's first Trip Report

I drove into California Monday, July 20th and visited Disneyland Tuesday the 21st and Wednesday the 22nd.

On Monday I just drove around, went to Downtown Disney, and saw this Pirates dinner and show located over by Knotts. The show was great--really fun, entertaining, good food, great cast, it was a good time. I even got pulled on stage, put into rope handcuffs, and was made an honorary pirate alongside a bunch of five year olds and a guy in his forties by the Captain. That's right, I'm now a pirate and I have a certificate to prove it.

I went to this one shop around 9:00 pm and encountered a crazy lady. I was walking towards the entrance and noticed this scruffy looking lady in a pink robe with a box of cigarettes next to her. As I walked past, she said "You know the body is a temple? Hey, how's Aunt Shirley, still bustin' out those bloody farts?" Yeah, WTF?

I looked around, left, said bye to the crazy lady who was coo coo for cocoa puffs, and returned to DTD. I looked around some more and headed back to the hotel.

Disneyland - Day 1

Got up at 5:30 am, headed down to the hotel lobby and bought two day park hoppers, (I got the ticket with Donald on it), went to Denny's for breakfast, and then headed over to Disneyland at about 7:15.

Once the gates opened, the family and I headed over to Space Mountain. Got on in five minutes, rode it, then went towards Star Tours and also got on in five minutes. Sat in the second row and wished I was in the very back--the ride is boring in the front.

After that, we headed towards the Matterhorn and got on in about 20 minutes. (Got stuck behind people who would take 5 minutes to move up once the line had advanced. I really hate that, and it happened about 20 other times this trip.)

Then, we headed towards Indiana Jones (my favorite!) and got on in about 20 minutes. Got stuck behind two Austrian tourists who took 5 minutes to fill the gaps.

Got off and went towards Pirates, got on in 5 minutes, sat behind some idiot who took a few flash pictures.

Went to the Haunted Mansion and got on in 5 minutes. The ride stopped for about two minutes for whatever reason.

After that, I went to the Splash Mountain line. The line was about 50 minutes, so I grabbed a fastpass and left to return later.

We then went to City Hall to grab some "Happy Anniversary" buttons for my mom and dad. While I was walking inside, a woman who was exiting dropped some money, so I grabbed it and gave it to her. A CM noticed and I got an "Honorary Citizen" button. Since I was celebrating my birthday, I grabbed a Birthday button. I had also found some keys near the HM so I turned those in.

After this, we went over to the Mad Hatter and looked around. I thankfully saw Donald near by, so I went over and stood in line for 5 minutes to grab a pic with him. Chip and Dale were next to him, but I had to go so I didn't get a picture with them.

Then we decided to go over to DCA, and as we were leaving we saw Goofy so I hopped in line for him. It's always a joy watching Goofy interact with people--except for the little girl that was screaming her head off while her mother screamed for her to STFU. Goofy reacted hilariously, though. He threw his hands in the air in a "I give up" manner and walked away from them, crossing his arms and then pointing for them to go away when they followed him. The family posed for a picture and Goofy "dived" in behind them. There was a mentally challenged boy in front of us who kept saying "I love you Goofy" and had the biggest smile on his face. I couldn't help but smile, seeing how happy he was to see Goofy.

We then went to DCA and headed towards Tower of Terror. Waited about 20 minutes. Some weird *** 13 or so kid kept staring at me the whole line. Uh, okay, weirdo-boy. Again, I was stuck behind people who didn't understand that you move forward when the line advances. I was just pissed because I kept getting stuck in the sun, and if they had moved up, I could have gotten in the shade.

After this, we went on California Screamin', waited about 15 minutes and, again, you guessed it, stuck behind people who took forever to move once the line advanced. Jeez.

Then we waited about 40 minutes for Toy Story. There was this fat dude in line who had his button up shirt not buttoned up. Yeah, I enjoyed seeing his big, sweaty man boobs hanging out. I pwnd my dad with a score of 120,900. Booyah!

We then went on the Maliboomer, 15 minute wait. I got the back side. So, I saw the parking lot.

After this, my parents left my sister and I, and said they'd come back later when it cooled down. So, the sis and I went to Grizzly River Run and grabbed some single rider passes. I got on in about 5 minutes or so. You know how the raft seats eight? And all eight seats are in a circle, and you're supposed to walk and stop at the first available seat? Well, they were a party of seven and didn't follow the "go all the way down" rule and made me crawl over them to get to a seat. Yeah, nice. It would have been easier for all of us if they had just scooted over to a new seat, but okay, we'll do it the hard way.

After this we went back to Disneyland. Waited 20 minutes for It's a Small World. While in line it broke I guess, because it stopped. Rode it, and... I know it's a classic, but my God. I can't stand it. And another idiot didn't turn off flash. So I grabbed my sister's camera and every time he'd take a picture with flash, I'd put it near his face and snapped a pic. With flash on. Heh heh heh. I did like seeing the Disney characters they added.

We then went and rode BTMRR. I tried the goat trick, but I didn't feel a thing.

Then we headed back to Fantasyland and saw that the lines were too long. It was hot and I wasn't waiting 50 minutes in the heat for a two minute kiddie ride, so we decided we'd return at night when the long wait wouldn't be bad as it'd be cool outside.

After this, we went to Space Mountain again. Then we returned to DCA and rode CS, GRR again (had to cool down--I did, got completely soaked, had to walk around the rest of the day in wet, tight jeans. Baaad idea, let me tell you.) We went to Soarin', and it broke while we were in line. So they gave us one of those fastpass tickets for any ride [that has FP].

A little while later my parents returned and we re-rode some rides and looked at some stores at DCA and DL. We grabbed some fastpasses for Soarin' and it was working this time.

We went and grabbed something to eat, came back to DL, saw Mickey and Minnie together near the Mad Hatter, so we grabbed a pic with them. Then my parents went and grabbed a seat for the fireworks while my sister and I went to get in line for Nemo. I had avoided the line all day because of the heat. But since it was 7:00 pm by now, and it wasn't as hot, I figured the 50 minute wait would be okay. Despite being in the middle of a lady who couldn't control her four boys and a dad who couldn't get his two kids to stand still, the line wasn't so bad because this dance show was going on. Eventually we got on the ride and I liked it, but I don't really get all the hype over this ride.

So after we got off, we went back to my parents and sat on the curb by the castle waiting for the fireworks. Some lady decided to change her kid's diaper by me. And then kept the dirty one there. Until the show ended. Eventually, the show started and I must say I did a pretty good job of recording it. It was my first time seeing the show in person instead of on Youtube, and I really enjoyed it.

We then went on Indiana Jones again afterwards then the Jungle Cruise. On the JC, a cute girl smiled at me, but due to the way they empty the boat once the ride is over, she was gone by the time I got off. Bye cute girl, wish I could have talked to you! We finished the night with a ride on BTMRR and then that big shop on Main Street.

Disneyland - Day 2

Well, the rest of my family didn't want to get up early again, but since I'm the big Disney nut in the family and I love Disneyland, I got up early and went by myself. I spent the morning by myself, which was nice. There was no fighting, no stress, no not-having-to-go-do-something-I-didn't-want-to-do...Spending time alone at Disneyland has to be one of the best feelings in the world, really.

So, I got up at 6:00 am and headed down to Disneyland. I walked around DTD, just looking at stuff. It was nice being there while it was virtually a ghost town. When it's open it's crowded and chaotic, so it was nice enjoying the sights quietly on a nice morning.

Eventually I left and waited outside the bag check. Once they let us through at 7:30, I waited in line outside the Disneyland gates. Eventually the park opened 10 minutes early, and I was near the front of the rope on Main Street. Once they let us past, I headed straight for Space Mountain instead of Indy, since Indy has single rider.

So, I get to Space Mountain and I'm walking through the queue and this 7 year old kid was stepping on my heels every two steps. He must've thought that he'd get on the ride faster if he crawled up my ***.

After I got off, I grabbed a fastpass for later and then headed to Indy. I got a single rider pass (genius invention, by the way) and got on in 5 minutes or so.

After I got off Indy, I went to BTMRR and the stand by line was virtually non existant, so I got on in about 2 minutes. After this, I went to Buzz Lightyear, got on in 2 minutes, and won. (I was playing alone...but details, smeetails.)

So, then I just sat outside the castle and enjoyed being there. Then my Space Mountain FP was ready so I used that.

I had about an hour until DCA opened, so I figured I'd go on Indy again. I grabbed another SR pass and was waiting in the room where they show the film, and the ride broke down. They said we could wait and see if they could fix it, so I figured since I had nothing better to do, I would. Well, about 20 minutes later and they tell us to leave. I got a FP ticket for any ride again and then left for DCA as it was 9:45 am by this point.

So, I get there, and once I'm inside I grab a SR pass for GRR and got on in a few minutes. I got a raft with a bunch of 11 or 12 year olds from some Christian camp. Cool kids, it was fun. I was wet from head to toe again. But it was nice, because man, it was hot!

So then I went on CS. SR pass got me on in 5 minutes. But, um, I had to share an elevator with this guy who, uh, well, was getting frisky with his wife the whole line. He was saying how he'd like to "spread her out on this elevator floor" and when she asked if he put the 'little weenies in the fridge this morning,' he said "I'll give you a little weenie." He was basically dry humping her. Worst...elevator ride...ever. Okay, so, after that freakish and uncomfortable PDA, I got on the ride in a few minutes.

I then saw that MM's wait was only 5 minutes, so I went on it, because I noticed that yesterday the wait was up to 25-50 minutes--not worth it for that ride. I got on in about two minutes. I sat in front of this nice couple, the wife kept saying "Jesus Christ we're gonna die."

Then I went over to the Animation Building and hung out there for a while. It was fun, I really liked the Toy Story carousel thing in the characters up close room. Then I went in the Off the Page store and looked around. I really like those statues--especially the Donald one I saw.

After this, I went to Monsters Inc. and waited about 10 minutes. Roz picked on me.

I then got a call from my family saying let's meet up. So I went and tracked them down, and we did a lot of the rides we did yesterday.

Then we returned to DL and visited ToonTown, as we hadn't been there since I was a kid. It was about 6:00 pm now, and while there someone gave us one of those $16 water/fan bottles because they saw my birthday button. I guess it was some good karma! Those bottles are so cool. But it would have been nice to have earlier when it was hot as hell.

Then we just took it easy the rest of the day, a few rides, some shops, Fantasmic!...It was nice enjoying the park. I wanted to end the night on the Disneyland railroad that takes you to each land, but it was 11 or so and the family wanted to go home. So, I said my goodbyes to Disneyland and we headed to the hotel.

We left the next morning, got home in the afternoon aaaaand th-th-that's all, folks.

Well, if you read all this, thanks. Now go out and do something useful, 'cause you just wasted, like, ten minutes of your life with nothing to show for it. Heh heh heh.

I'm sorry I didn't include any pictures, but they're on my sister's camera and she hasn't bothered to upload them yet.

I'll do better TRs in the future. As this is my first attempt it's allowed to suck.

Never the end,

Donald_Duck

PS: (in my best southern accent) Ahem...YA'LL COME BACK NOW, YA HEAR?!
    "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• Addicted to MC since '08

Re: Donald_Duck's first Trip Report

GREAT trip report! I felt like I was there with the idiots that don't move up with the line!

• Mickey's pal

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    GREAT trip report! I felt like I was there with the idiots that don't move up with the line!
    Hey, thanks!

Yeah, it's ridiculous how many people do it. I didn't even mention all of them, it happened a lot.
    "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."

• Hello

Cool Re: Donald_Duck's first Trip Report

Ow, my brain hurts. I'm not supposed to read during the summer. Anyway, it sounded like you had a lot of fun. Great TR!!!

• Drink life to the lees.

LOL!!!! Great TR. You're hilarious!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Duck View Post
    We then went and rode BTMRR. I tried the goat trick, but I didn't feel a thing.
    What's that? I've never heard of it.

Great trip report!!! Even without the pics

• Sock Puppet

Hahahah! That was very entertaining. Why, thank you for sharing! Sounds like a good time to me.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stitchrulz View Post
    LOL!!!! Great TR. You're hilarious!!!

What's that? I've never heard of it.
    It's when you're coming down the hill, you turn and keep your view locked on the goat chewing dynamite. I have never tried it, but people say it's pretty cool.

• Waiting for fireworks...

Well, if you read all this, thanks. Now go out and do something useful, 'cause you just wasted, like, ten minutes of your life with nothing to show for it. Heh heh heh.

I was doing something useful...reading your TR is getting me ready for my trip in 2 days

You did a great job for your 1st TR. Can't wait to see your pics!

Wow...making fun of people's size and nationality just because they forgot to move ahead in the line.

• dL lover from hawaii

Great report Donald! You had me laughing pretty hard during parts. You write extremely well, keep it coming!

• Mickey's pal

Quote Originally Posted by BCC View Post
    Wow...making fun of people's size and nationality just because they forgot to move ahead in the line.
    Uh, where did I do that?

Maybe you're just seeing things, Mr. Magoo.

• soul reflector.

Uh, where did I do that?

Maybe you're just seeing things, Mr. Magoo.
    I dunno.. you seemed to use the word "idiot" a lot in that report, and I didn't even read the whole thing.

• Mickey's pal

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

My tip jar is right over there. I do take checks, money orders and Blockbuster coupons as well.

• Mickey's pal

Quote Originally Posted by sekwence View Post
    I dunno.. you seemed to use the word "idiot" a lot in that report, and I didn't even read the whole thing.
    ...I used it twice. That's "a lot" to you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast