Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: What would you put in Bugs landsí place?

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    Spanish Square. The Spanish Art Decco of the Carthay blends into the walls of a Spanish Mission, covered with creeping flowing and covered walkways. The area would look like a Spanish courtyard with an ornate fountain in the middle. Here you could create darkrides based off of stories such as Romona, Zorro, and other SoCal western icons. The Mission building could also hold a version of Western River Expedition. Between the square and Carsland I would have a mountain containing a relocated Muholand Madness themed to a calico mine cart that whips in and out of shafts and tunnels.
    Awesome I'll take it! It sounds like a mix between new orleans square and fronteirland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dl_appurtenant View Post
    Carsland doesn't fit the CA theme either and it's not even built yet...so, what should we put there instead??
    Eh, Iím going to have to disagree with you. If this land were actually less Pixar centric than we have been lead to believe, then it would fit perfectly. I mean ever since the boom in suburban areas across CA itís been increasingly difficult to get anywhere with out a car. Sure we have trains and various metro systems, but those systems have been on the fringe since the 1940ís. The urban sprawl and lack of connectivity has instilled a ďCar cultureĒ among Californians. So Carsland fits.

The reason Bugs Land doesn't work for me is that it will be at the convergence of four different themes: the Wharf, Cars Land, BVS and 30's theming supposedly going around ToT in Phase II.

I'd like to see the ITTBAB theater preserved and the rest of the land themed as transitions between the above mentioned four areas.

• Minion

Spanish Square. The Spanish Art Decco of the Carthay blends into the walls of a Spanish Mission, covered with creeping flowing and covered walkways. The area would look like a Spanish courtyard with an ornate fountain in the middle. Here you could create darkrides based off of stories such as Romona, Zorro, and other SoCal western icons. The Mission building could also hold a version of Western River Expedition. Between the square and Carsland I would have a mountain containing a relocated Muholand Madness themed to a calico mine cart that whips in and out of shafts and tunnels.

This is an excellent idea!

I really like the idea of a Spanish Square too as it would transition between the encircling themes very well. I could see one or two dark rides in that area, but WRE simply wouldn't fit the small area, nor would it be smart to have that right next door to Cars Land.

• Seasick

A Bugs Land is the only fantasy-themed land in DCA. Has a Disney feel to it lacking in much of the park, imo.

I say keep it, but add a decent attraction or two to make it a truly worthwhile land. Some sort of dark ride in an actual show building.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    A Bugs Land is the only fantasy-themed land in DCA. Has a Disney feel to it lacking in much of the park, imo.

I say keep it, but add a decent attraction or two to make it a truly worthwhile land. Some sort of dark ride in an actual show building.
    I agree with you. Bugsland fills a need with the younger kids. And although we might not like it they do. And its goodto have atleast one area devoted to the younger kids. Its the fantasyland of DCA. I like all your other ideas but can't they be at other places in the park?

• Minion

Blog Entries

How about a land that truly reflects the Central Valley?

Bugs Land is a sad excuse for where I live, it is almost insulting, considering we are "The Breadbasket of the World"

• Light up the HALO!

That land is themed so great. I would not replace it with anything.
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

There are a couple of things they could do with it:
    1) Take the idea of expanding Hollywoodland. I say add a rockin' rollercoaster!! Maybe have the music be to Elvis Presly. That would be an awesome e-ticket.
    2) Think about turning it into another toontown type thing. It would be a land based on Walt's imagination and vision for the park. You could have classic characters walking around like steamboat Willie. Everything would be in black and white!
    3) Add another e-ticket ride in Bug's land and refurbish the area in front of the land. The area in front of the Bug's land is so lame. I say clear the area and add some centerpiece.

Oh how I love smiles!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I really like the idea of a Spanish Square too as it would transition between the encircling themes very well. I could see one or two dark rides in that area, but WRE simply wouldn't fit the small area, nor would it be smart to have that right next door to Cars Land.

I think they could work WRE into the area if they used multiple levels and used space creatively. There's that decent size plot of land used as groves, the ITTBAB Theatre (Great show but we can stand to lose it), and some of the spinners in Bugs Land. I'm no good with pulling maps and making highlighted boxes, but I'm sure someone could find the room for a well layed out WRE. I wouldn't even mind the Carthay Theatre acting as facade and housing part of the attraction. I'd love a Walt Disney story in the theatre, but I'd rather have an orignal e-ticket.

And as for Bugs Land being a place for kids, I get that. Paradise Pier has several spinners and can fit another darkride or two, and while the theming isn't as whimsical as a bug-view of the world, it can still be a great area for families to ride more child-friendly rides.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

• Disneyland History Lover

Hmm... why not move ToonTown from Disneyland to where Bugs Land is, while keeping one of the Bugs Land rides (maybe the theater?), and using the old ToonTown in Disneyland as a brand new land? Just call it part of Hollywoodland and the characters will fit right in.

Bugs Land seems fine as is to me. A great place for people to take their young kids and have fun. I don't see why it's a problem? Is the whole CA "theme" really that important?

• Sock Puppet

New York (3,000 miles away from the magic)

How about elaborate on the San Francisco part of California? Maybe have an earthquake-type ride? I hate that there's only a small part of San Francisco in DCA and it only has bathrooms. They really need to elaborate on that!!

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Hmm... why not move ToonTown from Disneyland to where Bugs Land is, while keeping one of the Bugs Land rides (maybe the theater?), and using the old ToonTown in Disneyland as a brand new land? Just call it part of Hollywoodland and the characters will fit right in.
    That's a great idea! but while they move it, they should also fix it up and stuff, add more ride attractions, ones that dont get boring after one time, and more originality and stuff. =)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast