Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• hi!

Re: What would you put in Bugs landsí place?

Giant All-U-Can-Eat In&Out Burger Buffet.
    -plagued

I agree this land needs to go! First of all, it is solely meant for children, there are no rides or anything for adults. At least in Toontown you have the Roget Rabbit ride, there's all the things to do like in the jail, post office, etc. that's fun for all ages. In addition, along with Carsland, this is the only land to be themed for ONE SINGLE MOVIE. Both Pixar movies too. I mean, it's absolutely unheard of. The fact that it is only for young children and that it is a land based around one movie I think goes against all that Disneyland and all the Disney parks are supposed to be about.

As for what it should be... well.. let's see. It is in California Adventure, and it seems they have tried to theme lands based around the varied geography and climates of California. They have the forests/norcal area with Golden State. They have the beach area with Paradise Pier. With Carsland, while I think should be rethemed, they'll have a desert land. They have Hollywood covered. Buena Vista Street covers old L.A. and it looks like some of L.A.'s history as a Mission. So it seems like all the major areas have been covered already, and the most logical choice of what to do would be to expand some other lands.

Really, one of the biggest and most basic problems that DCA has suffered from day one is the fact that it did not follow the basic hub design. The new map seems to be improving that somewhat, but it still is not quite a hub design.

I think they should first, remove It's Tough to Be a Bug, and put that over in Disneyland in Critter Country. Either get rid of Winnie the Pooh, which is just one more of the latest dark rides that are all essentially the same thing, or just create a new entrance somewhere and have the whole show be underground, so they won't have to add more into the parking lots or backstage. And while I'm on the subject, they should maybe also get rid of Winnie the Pooh and bring back Country Bears! Or if not, they should still bring back Country Bears in DCA.

But, so in terms of what they should do with A Bug's Land... I think they should take half of it and add the Rockin' Roller Coaster across from Tower of Terror. While I would like to see DCA come up with more original rides both in theme and ride type.. these two rides are sort of paired together at the Disney Studios Park at WDW and they go well together. Plus, the ride is much better themed to fit in Hollywood than Florida.
    That would cover about half the land. For the other half, well... I think it would be hard to add to the Golden State land because there is a walkway to get to Carsland and Paradise pier in between A Bug's Land and Golden State, though I would love to add more to Golden State. And I don't support adding more to Carsland, because I don't support Carsland in general. So I'm not sure what should be done with the "eastern" half of the land, if you will. I suppose the easy answer would be to just expand the Hollywood Backlot even more... but actually... I think what would be good would be to move the Carthay Theatre over to the right more, to cover where the current walkway is. Then have the walkway on the left instead, so Golden State could be able to expand more behind the theatre, and then the walkway could go between the Carthay Theatre on its right and the Hollywood Backlot on its left, and it could curve around the theatre a bit and then you would have basically three paths to go either into Carland, Paradise Pier, or Golden State. If you're having trouble imagining it, go to DisneysCalifornaAdventure.com and look at the map of the new park they have there, that should help.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDusenberry View Post
    I agree this land needs to go! First of all, it is solely meant for children, there are no rides or anything for adults. At least in Toontown you have the Roget Rabbit ride, there's all the things to do like in the jail, post office, etc. that's fun for all ages. In addition, along with Carsland, this is the only land to be themed for ONE SINGLE MOVIE. Both Pixar movies too. I mean, it's absolutely unheard of. The fact that it is only for young children and that it is a land based around one movie I think goes against all that Disneyland and all the Disney parks are supposed to be about.
    Sing it JamesDusenberry! The difernce between bugs land and fantasyland is only one offers truly intriguing kid friendly rides. I also think it will be odd having a carsland and a bugs land next to each other, but donít forget that Disney Sea has a mermaid area and an land that is vary reminiscent of the Aladdin movie. So itís not so unheard of.

it seems like all the major areas have been covered already, and the most logical choice of what to do would be to expand some other lands.
    Once more I agree. I give DCA a C+ given the current plans for expansion. I think even with Carsland there will be too many resturants, shops, and distance between attractions. They could fix this by expanding in the bugs land area.

If HPB was to expand into BL it would be nice to see a variation on Rock'n Roller coaster. If Disney goes with the "Hollywoodland" theme then the ride should have classically oriented soundtrack instead of rock and roll. It would be awesome to here the score to 20,000 leagues Under the Sea blasting while zipping along the track in the dark. Or perhaps some other great orchestral score.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

If we had to absolutely keep the land I would add in a dark ride or two and replace the majority of the carnival attractions. Would also connect the path between TOT and Bugs Land. Ideally the land should be bulldozed for more creative ideas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123